Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

51 minutes ago, transient said:

Whether or not every member of a group perceives something as an insult doesn't change the fact that it was an insult directed at that group. If someone was to say "TBD is a bunch of jerks," regardless of whether members of TBD take issue with it or choose to ignore it wouldn't change the fact it was an insult directed at TBD. If I was to then say that was insulting to the members of TBD would I be speaking for everyone here or just acknowledging the obvious fact that the comment was meant to disparage the members of TBD?

Your comparison is pretty weak, IMO. LJ directed this comment to one person. 

6 minutes ago, transient said:

Actually, the specific point I was trying to make was that not every member of a group has to feel insulted for something to clearly be an insult and the act of someone pointing out that what was said was insulting doesn't mean they're speaking for every member of said group.

GunnerBill"s quote:

"But to that specific group of people him suggesting that guy do something not within his preferred range because it would be demeaning is offensive. It wasn't just insulting to that guy. It was insulting to gay men. "  I know I'm Dopey, but that reads like he's speaking for that specific group of people and it was insulting to gay men. His words, not mine.

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

GunnerBill"s quote:

"But to that specific group of people him suggesting that guy do something not within his preferred range because it would be demeaning is offensive. It wasn't just insulting to that guy. It was insulting to gay men. "  I know I'm Dopey, but that reads like he's speaking for that specific group of people and it was insulting to gay men. His words, not mine.

When someone with 1.09 million followers on Twitter tweets something, it's not to just one person.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have at no point missed the fact that it is an insult to everyone. 

Of course you have! Lol, you keep calling it anti-gay when you admit it is offensive in all context including hetero women. 

Honestly sounds like this is a you problem and not a societal problem. 

And I do feel that you feel that way, hope you are able to work out.

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Reminds me a little bit of Roscoe Parrish. 

Lamar is unquestionably very important to the Ravens success. They started 8-4 last year with him as QB and when they had to rely on backups they went 0-5 down the stretch (even if they kept the games close). 

4 of those 5 loses with Huntley atQB were all 3 pts or less coming down to the final 2 minutes. Thry lost by a total of 7 points in all 4 loses.

that tells me it’s small differences thst can be attribute to other players or just missed plays…not so much because LJ was out.

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The Ravens were 7-5 with Lamar vs 1-4 without him last year.  Maybe we should ask "what does competitive mean to you?"

As a free agent, in a league where dual threat QB like Hurts are mopping up and Nathan Peterman is still being activated on gameday, I think the market for Lamar as a FA would be huge, but I don't think it's gonna happen.  The Ravens will franchise him if need be.

Wilson is crapping the bed in Denver for the same reason he crapped the bed in Seattle:

1) he got a swelled head and became uncoachable.  "Let Russ Cook" "I'm the best QB in the league".  He decided he no longer needed to play within the offense and follow the design of a play, he knew better.

2) a lot of Wilson's success was built on mobility and the ability to create outside of structure and that seems to be gone

In addition:

3) he's playing hurt.  People expect QB to be bionic if they're out there, but if the football is a fraction off at the QB's shoulder, it's gonna be a couple of feet off at the target and that's the difference between completions, drops, or picks.

4) Wilson doesn't seem to have won the hearts of the receiving corps there in Denver and they're making 'career decisions' instead of climbing the ladder or laying out

So far, Lamar seems willing to follow the design of his offense and is still in his prime for mobility.  Big difference between 34 and 26 there.  He's also by all accounts a supremely likeable guy his teammates go hard for.

4 of the loses with Zhu they QB were by a total of 7 points coming dien to the final plays of the game. These were to each of their divisional teams, green bay, and the rams.

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Of course you have! Lol, you keep calling it anti-gay when you admit it is offensive in all context including hetero women. 

Honestly sounds like this is a you problem and not a societal problem. 

And I do feel that you feel that way, hope you are able to work out.

No. The context in which Lamar used it was anti-gay. It was saying to a straight man you are gay to demean him which infers he thinks gay is less than straight in some way. 

It would still be offensive said to a woman. But it wasn't said to a woman on this occassion. It was said to a man. For the reason above.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Dopey said:

GunnerBill"s quote:

Yes it was capable of being offensive to all gay men. They won't all feel personally offended by it. But trust me a lot will. 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes it was capable of being offensive to all gay men. They won't all feel personally offended by it. But trust me a lot will. 

I have gay family members who would definitely be angry seeing this kind of grade-school homophobia.

It’s possible Lamar didn’t think it was, and was just mindlessly repeating a slur, but it was lame, wrong, and reached tons of people. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No. The context in which Lamar used it was anti-gay. It was saying to a straight man you are gay to demean him which infers he thinks gay is less than straight in some way. 

It would still be offensive said to a woman. But it wasn't said to a woman on this occassion. It was said to a man. For the reason above.

That's not the point of the insult. The point of the insult is one of submissiveness, which is why women are offended as well. 

Is it also "anti-gay" when someone tells someone to shove something up their butt? 🤣

Sorry, but not a societal problem. This is your own insecurity/sensitivity projected on society. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

42 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

That's not the point of the insult. The point of the insult is one of submissiveness, which is why women are offended as well. 

Is it also "anti-gay" when someone tells someone to shove something up their butt? 🤣

Sorry, but not a societal problem. This is your own insecurity/sensitivity projected on society. 

You're wrong.

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Jackson would help himself by going down the usual “apologise for any offence caused“ route rather than whining about defamation of character.

He’s just not the sharpest knife in the drawer, even if not a bad dude. I wouldn’t pay him what he wants. He’s not PM or JA. Tag ‘em. Twice. Then goodbye lol.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

Wow, who cares this has nothing to do with Bills Football.....carry on folks nothing to see here...

... said the person who chose to click on a thread title which clearly is not Bills-related, then chose to comment on a thread that is clearly not Bills-related, only to ask, "who cares?" because .... wait for it .... it's not Bills-related.

I f*cking love this place.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, Gugny said:

... said the person who chose to click on a thread title which clearly is not Bills-related, then chose to comment on a thread that is clearly not Bills-related, only to ask, "who cares?" because .... wait for it .... it's not Bills-related.

I f*cking love this place.

I've just been annoyed that there hasn't been any new Edmund's bashing threads disguised as other threads like old times I was hoping this was one of those and was caught off guard and was upset so I lashed out 🤷‍♂️ 

• 1 month later...

Lamar wants a fully guaranteed monster contract. He has missed significant playing time the last two years and stated yesterday that his knee is not 100% .. still swollen.

The contract negotiation this offseason will be interesting. I hope the Ravens blink and give him a top contract, but they do not seem to be that kind of organization.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/12/lamar-jackson-my-knee-remains-inflamed-and-unstable/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Lamar wants a fully guaranteed monster contract. He has missed significant playing time the last two years and stated yesterday that his knee is not 100% .. still swollen.

The contract negotiation this offseason will be interesting. I hope the Ravens blink and give him a top contract, but they do not seem to be that kind of organization.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/12/lamar-jackson-my-knee-remains-inflamed-and-unstable/

Said it before and Ill say it again, if I am the Ravens I let someone else pay for this guy.    He hasnt played a full season since coming into the NFL.    He's been bad as a thrower the last two years, and he's been dreadful in the playoffs.  The Ravens are a stable and well coached organization, if I were them I'd do anything I could to bring in a more stable Quarterback who can make throws to wideouts and get back to winning football. 

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Said it before and Ill say it again, if I am the Ravens I let someone else pay for this guy.    He hasnt played a full season since coming into the NFL.    He's been bad as a thrower the last two years, and he's been dreadful in the playoffs.  The Ravens are a stable and well coached organization, if I were them I'd do anything I could to bring in a more stable Quarterback who can make throws to wideouts and get back to winning football. 

I could see that. It would be pretty surprising though. Huntley has not been great

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.