Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Well, he was either calling him a woman or a homosexual man ... and he knew he wasn't talking to a woman.

If we've become that hypersensitive and soft as a society than we shouldn't even be watching the sport of football(which to my surprise there's even some members on this forum saying that its too barbaric of a sport).   Someone made a dig at Lamar, he responded with an insult.  I don't think he put anymore thought into it beyond that.   Whatever meaning you derived from the words he used is on you.   But if we're gonna go down this path we should just cancel over half the members TBD for saying the any member of our team  "sucks" or "blows" after we lose a game as those terms could equally be deemed homophobic.   

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

These dumbasses(there are many more than just Jackson) don’t get it.  Stay out of trouble & stay off social media for the duration of their pro careers…then after you retire with 10’s of millions of dollars, you can be as stupid as you want. 

Deshaun Watson got a fully guaranteed mega deal with lawsuits from 22 women for sexual assault... you think a tweet is going to cost him money? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lost said:

If we've become that hypersensitive and soft as a society than we shouldn't even be watching the sport of football(which to my surprise there's even some members on this forum saying that its too barbaric of a sport).   Someone made a dig at Lamar, he responded with an insult.  I don't think he put anymore thought into it beyond that.   Whatever meaning you derived from the words he used is on you.   But if we're gonna go down this path we should just cancel over half the members TBD for saying the any member of our team  "sucks" or "blows" after we lose a game as those terms could equally be deemed homophobic.   

Oh ... cancel ... there's a cute word.

Orange you special.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Deshaun Watson got a fully guaranteed mega deal with lawsuits from 22 women for sexual assault... you think a tweet is going to cost him money? 

Not at this time. He has already lost a ton of endorsement money that he could have made without the lawsuits and bad press. I'm sure he had to get rid of the lawsuits before signing that ridiculous contract. 

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

So things you don’t like or approve of are “ phobias “ lol got it. Who’s to say what’s irrational ? Total BS and pure garbage 

I'm never one to stop a misplaced rant about the evil woke but you may consider taking your complaint up with the stewards of the english language who defined homophobia more than 5 decades before anyone had ever uttered the term "woke".  Or you can continue on fighting the noble fight, one ruined family dinner and holiday at a time.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

While I'm not trying to speak for anyone else or put words in their mouth, it seems like some people think that it is irrational for someone to have an aversion to a man servicing another man. While it's not in my bucket list personally, each to their own..................................I guess. 

The irrational part would be to hate a man solely because he chooses to spend his spare time servicing other men.  No one is forcing you to watch them and demanding your comfort.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Harbaugh says he addressed the tweet with Lamar.

Said that he begs his players to all stay off of social media in the hours after a game, especially after a loss.

"I just talk to these guys, we talk a lot about football, but we also talk a little about that stuff, too, what goes on in terms of media and everything," Harbaugh said. "Really just beg guys not to get into the Twitter world right after the game, especially after a loss. It's never going to be positive, it's not going to be a nice place. I think that's kind of reflected in Lamar's response because what he said was just so out of character for him. That's not the way he speaks. That's not the way he talks. That's not the words he ever uses. I've never heard him say things like that before. … I'm sure he's frustrated, just like we all are. That's just a place you don't want to live right after a game. I know he understands that."

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Is the issue that Lamar lashed out and hurled an insult at someone critical of his performance on twitter or that his choice of insult offended some very tender souls ? Seems the incident has been hijacked by crusaders and well that’s just dumb. Moving on…

When someone uses a sexuality that is part of the everyday existence for a section of the population as a means to insult another person then that is an issue. The fact that he thinks suggesting a man "sucks dick" is a way to insult him is in itself discriminatory. It insinuates if you do "suck dick" that is in some sense lesser than him. Unless you think he would hurl the equivalent obscenity with regards to orally stimulating a woman at a critic as well? 

No crusading. Just a genuine reaction to someone using that insult. 

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The irrational part would be to hate a man solely because he chooses to spend his spare time servicing other men.  No one is forcing you to watch them and demanding your comfort.

This ☝️

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

When someone uses a sexuality that is part of the everyday existence for a section of the population as a means to insult another person then that is an issue. The fact that he thinks suggesting a man "sucks dick" is a way to insult him is in itself discriminatory. It insinuates if you do "suck dick" that is in some sense lesser than him. Unless you think he would hurl the equivalent obscenity with regards to orally stimulating a woman at a critic as well? 

The purpose of an insult is generally to accuse people of something they are not so it gets under their skin.   Some insults have become so universally used in society that their original meaning has no relevance.   Brits like to throw around the C*nt word a lot and use it indiscriminately towards people of any gender or sexual orientation.    

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lost said:

The purpose of an insult is generally to accuse people of something they are not so it gets under their skin.   Some insults have become so universally used in society that their original meaning has no relevance.   Brits like to throw around the C*nt word a lot and use it indiscriminately towards people of any gender or sexual orientation.    

And the inference that it should "get under someone's skin" to be accused of being gay because being gay is something they should be somehow ashamed of is problematic. What Lamar said was not okay.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I just find it amusing that the national media isn't taking Lamar to task over it.

I can only imagine if a Josh Allen or Joe Burrow said something similar.

I bet money would your someone who cries about everything being racial, yet you are the first person to make something racial. 

I think a lot of fans on social media are morons and think they can say whatever they want without consequence. That said, Lamar was wrong. Just like anyone would have been.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And the inference that it should "get under someone's skin" to be accused of being gay because being gay is something they should be somehow ashamed of is problematic. What Lamar said was not okay.

No, it's only problematic because "you" perceive it to be.  I disagree.   As I stated before, many insults and derogatory terms have been around society so long that they are universally applied and their original meaning has little relevance today.   It's todays generations who want to psychoanalyze everything to find hidden offensiveness like how salt is racist.   

Some words/phrases do tend to universally agreed on by society to be too egregious and are eventually phased out.  This usually happens over several generations however.  I'd say the term "eat a d*ck" isn't quite there yet but probably on its way out based on reading this thread.  As someone who grew up listening to 90's rap however, to me they are just words. 

• Disagree 3

Why do we care what some low IQ nitwit said to another person on social media? Because nitwit low IQ is famous sportsball man? Because he said something which hurts people's sensitivities and emotions? 

I think there are bigger fish to fry, even on a Bills football message board. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Lamar's agent (haha) needs to seriously consider getting him a social media manager, if only for the two/three days around gameday. I have a hard time understanding why any pro athlete engages with the public on social media after a bad loss. Just constant temptation to say something that'll bite you.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.