Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If I am Baltimore I franchise the guy and trade him like Seattle did Wilson.  The Ravens have a fantastic coaching staff and great organization.   May make more sense to see if you can trade him to the Texans for both their 1sts this year.  

I wouldn't get rid of Jackson if I was in charge of the Ravens. LJ wins games. His career W/L record is very good, and he has played a big part in that.  As Bills fans we know it's not easy finding a franchise QB. It took a long time finding a franchise QB between Kelly and now Allen.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

These dumbasses(there are many more than just Jackson) don’t get it.  Stay out of trouble & stay off social media for the duration of their pro careers…then after you retire with 10’s of millions of dollars, you can be as stupid as you want. 

I'm gonna defend Lamar here.   His original tweet certainly wasn't warranted and foolish but for a holier than though reporter to pile on and call it homophobic is absurd.   In today's world the demand for racism, sexism, and any other ism far exceeds the supply that people are desperately trying to make sh*t out of nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Lost said:

I'm gonna defend Lamar here.   His original tweet certainly wasn't warranted and foolish but for a holier than though reporter to pile on and call it homophobic is absurd.   In today's world the demand for racism, sexism, and any other ism far exceeds the supply that people are desperately trying to make sh*t out of nothing.  

Well, he was either calling him a woman or a homosexual man ... and he knew he wasn't talking to a woman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't get rid of Jackson if I was in charge of the Ravens. LJ wins games. His career W/L record is very good, and he has played a big part in that.  As Bills fans we know it's not easy finding a franchise QB. It took a long time finding a franchise QB between Kelly and now Allen.

He will win games but he will never win THE game. Unless it's a terribly watered down year where the top 4 or 5 teams are terrible he will never be starting QB for a tip tier team for multiple reasons:

1) he's been figured out

2) he isn't a top 10 QB

3) he will be paid like a top 10 QB and therefore draw too much compensation to get his supporting players to be caliber needed. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

At the end of the day, somebody is going to be paying him a huge contract (barring injury).  It might not be the Ravens, but there will be a GM who will bring him in for close to what he wants. 

This whole thing feels a lot like the Kyler Murray situation.  I think that was a terrible idea for the Cardinals to give him a big contract, but I can see why they did it. 

There is a big difference.  Lamar is already on his last year of his contract. Murray still had two years left.  Cardinals were morons.  They easily could have waited to at least see how he performed this season.  Denver may look like more of idiots right now but at least Wilson had proven himself.  Murray hasnt done ***** besides "hail murrah"

• Agree 3

Lamar and Kyler Murray are similar in my book although LJ is far superior.  Both tremendous athletes but neither will win you a Super Bowl.  Not enough between the ears to get you there.  LJ, tweet aside seems like a good guy  and respectful and appreciative of what the NFL can offer while KM is a d-bag from what little I’ve seen.  

Again shows athleticism alone won’t get you a Lombardi. I’m my opinion cut bait get a ton Of draft capital and move on if I’m Ravens 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Lamar and Kyler Murray are similar in my book although LJ is far superior.  Both tremendous athletes but neither will win you a Super Bowl.  Not enough between the ears to get you there.  LJ, tweet aside seems like a good guy  and respectful and appreciative of what the NFL can offer while KM is a d-bag from what little I’ve seen.  

Again shows athleticism alone won’t get you a Lombardi. I’m my opinion cut bait get a ton Of draft capital and move on if I’m Ravens 

The idea of Lamar Jackson going to the NYJ really scares the daylights out of me. Imagine a division with Tua, Lamar and Mac Jones in it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Please explain what "irrational aversion" you think he has. 

While I'm not trying to speak for anyone else or put words in their mouth, it seems like some people think that it is irrational for someone to have an aversion to a man servicing another man. While it's not in my bucket list personally, each to their own..................................I guess. 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

While I'm not trying to speak for anyone else or put words in their mouth, it seems like some people think that it is irrational for someone to have an aversion to a man servicing another man. While it's not in my bucket list personally, each to their own..................................I guess. 

Its a bit absurd to call that irrational. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.