Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

9 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Lamar will be fine.

At the end of the day, somebody is going to be paying him a huge contract (barring injury).  It might not be the Ravens, but there will be a GM who will bring him in for close to what he wants. 

This whole thing feels a lot like the Kyler Murray situation.  I think that was a terrible idea for the Cardinals to give him a big contract, but I can see why they did it. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Lamar's tweet literally made me laugh out loud!

Two things,

1.  He never should have posted that for a hundred different reasons that I don't need to explain.

2.  Every football player in the NFL loves Lamar Jackson even more this morning.  You know they have to read the crap that a bunch of us arm chair warriors post about them everyday and they want so much to respond, but they don't do it.   Well, Lamar did it.

😀

So you are saying it is another stupid reason to vote for him a MVP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Not in a million years would JA17 say it, let alone write it, let alone public post. I just love that our guy is a decent person. The world needs civility, let it start with people making $100M+.

I don't have any inside information whatsoever.  But I would guess that a number of our favorite players would say things that are far more profane than we have any idea of, between their friends and teammates in private, and that would include Josh.

It really doesn't reflect one way or another on whether they're decent people or not, if they speak or write crudely.  It more has to do with the culture in which they were raised and how they adapt it to a football locker room.

JMO

58 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Maybe his mom runs his Twitter account also?

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

After that last interchange of Lamar's, she might now. 🤔

Think she might have ordered up a bar of that soap Herbert shills for express delivery to Lamar's residence?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't have any inside information whatsoever.  But I would guess that a number of our favorite players would say things that are far more profane than we have any idea of, between their friends and teammates in private, and that would include Josh.

It really doesn't reflect one way or another on whether they're decent people or not, if they speak or write crudely.  It more has to do with the culture in which they were raised and how they adapt it to a football locker room.

JMO

Think she might have ordered up a bar of that soap Herbert shills for express delivery to Lamar's residence?

I think might have been the one who told the guy to eat a D. Lol 

13 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

This tweet is going to cost him more than any mediocre performance on a given Sunday

Lol no it’s not 

Watson was accused of some pretty heinous *****. Even had a grand jury and multiple settlements. Got a 250 mil guaranteed contract

Lamar tells a guy to eat a dick and he’s not gonna get paid? Cmon guys this is the NFL, not corporate America 

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Lol no it’s not 

Watson was accused of some pretty heinous *****. Even had a grand jury and multiple settlements. Got a 250 mil guaranteed contract

Lamar tells a guy to eat a dick and he’s not gonna get paid? Cmon guys this is the NFL, not corporate America 

Before this tweet he was set to become the highest paid player in NFL history and all the sponsorships and marketing that comes along w that

Now he's just going to be the highest paid player

Corporate America is what gets you paid for life

• Agree 1

Not a good look for Lamar. He should be above getting into mudslinging with a fan. Maybe he was especially sensitive after the loss, but he needs to be above that. Criticism comes with the turf. Appearances are important and what you say and how you react to the inevitable scrutiny can have significant implications. Just ask Zach Wilson.

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I remember as a seven or eight year old sitting with a bar of Palmolive green soap in my mouth for 15 minutes after having used some poorly chosen words. ($@&¥!) I never made that mistake around my mother again. 🤮😁

7 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Appearances are important and what you say and how you react to the inevitable scrutiny can have significant implications. Just ask Zach Wilson.

True, but Lamar will get blowback from his Tweet.  Wilson just got more Tinder followers of a certain age group. 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Before this tweet he was set to become the highest paid player in NFL history and all the sponsorships and marketing that comes along w that

Now he's just going to be the highest paid player

Corporate America is what gets you paid for life

Is that changing, though, along with changing demographics where younger people spend less time watching broadcast or cable TV and more time on streaming services/Youtube/Gaming channels?

I'm sure it doesn't hurt Lamar at all with a large segment of that demographic; they possibly admire it (like Barstool Sports "put the guy in a body bag" reaction)

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I remember as a seven or eight year old sitting with a bar of Palmolive green bar soap in my mouth for 15 minutes after having used some poorly chosen words. ($@&¥!) I never made that mistake around my mother again. 🤮😁

You may be able to relate to this classic musical ditty:

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It may be true that his intent wasn't homophobic even if the phrase clearly is. Makes me think of how it was back middle school when everyone would use the word "gay" as a negative, even if we weren't trying necessarily to be negative toward people in that group it still was.

Also still a bad way of handling this and another great example of why players have agents.

• Agree 2

These dumbasses(there are many more than just Jackson) don’t get it.  Stay out of trouble & stay off social media for the duration of their pro careers…then after you retire with 10’s of millions of dollars, you can be as stupid as you want. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.