Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But that’s kinda the pint. Diggs is much, much, much better than any receiver than Lamar has played with. Do you think Allen has the same jump with Hollywood instead of Diggs? I doubt it. Also, Brown just had a 1,000 yard season with Lamar and ypc in Arizona is basically the same. And come on with Sammy. Dude has been washed for years. 

will Lamar ever been an elite passer? No. But it is a bottom 5 group, their oline is a mess, and their rbs can’t stay healthy. Lamar is the least of their problems right now. 

You're right I looked at the top for his last season because it was 2019 I seen his yardage.  Thats all Im saying is Lamar is not an elite passer.  So we agree.  I dont think he ever wins a super bowl because of it.  Thats probably what we disagree on.

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

..while I agree with you.. there is an element of chicken and egg here.. Lamar is not a proficient passer in the way that Mahomes/Allen are so WR who get to the areas (intermediate outside the lines) that Mahomes/Allen are so the WRs that do that are not as valuable to him. Certainly, obviously they would be helpful, but Lamar would benefit from guys like Waddle/Hill. Guys who can take a short pass and run or can create separation on deep balls. I wouldn't want Lamar throwing a bunch of contested, intermediate throws like the ones that Josh does even if he had a Diggs. 

That’s kinda my point with Allen though. He wasn’t a great passer until we got Diggs. Not really on any level. Now he is in a different stratosphere. Would he have gotten there without Diggs? Maybe but he never did before him.  

jackson will never be a Rodgers type passer. But he did win a MVP and have over 30 passing tds with a bunch of JAGs. They are bringing in the corpse of Desean.

as a Bills fan, I’m happy the Ravens have settled for rookies and washed up Vets. But I love watching Jackson play and it would be cool to see him with a legit number 1 at receiver. JMO.

18 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You already forgot about them ?   17th ranked defense iirc

Barely got by Phillip Rivers and the Colts then got their doors blown off by Mahomes the next week. 

No. I know they aren’t close to being on the level of this current Bills defense but they most certainly did not suck either.

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Brown is not Diggs no.  He isnt the best of the best.  Acting like they havent had any receivers though is wrong.  He just doesnt throw to them.  They get open just fine.  Brown has 100 less yards in just 6 games this season as he had in 14 games last season.  Murray isnt exactly an elite passer either yet he was on pace to more than double his yards with a different QB than Lamar.  Time for the excuses to end.  Lamar is a great athlete.  What he is not is an elite passer.  I dont care who you put on that team.  Lamar still has to throw to them.  Something he isnt good at.

Even Sammy Watkins had his worst career year there.

The simple point to make is…. Look at John Brown’s stats after Lamar replaced Flacco. He racked up 715 yards and 5 TDs that season. 558 yards and 4 TDs were in the first 8 games when Flacco (injured in game 9) was the QB. The year after with Allen as his QB Brown posted 1060 yards and 6 TDs. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s kinda my point with Allen though. He wasn’t a great passer until we got Diggs. Not really on any level. Now he is in a different stratosphere. Would he have gotten there without Diggs? Maybe but he never did before him.  

That's just not true though. He was top in the NFL on intermediate routes in year 2. They got Diggs because he showed he was a proficient passer. 

14 hours ago, BritBill said:

Cardinals paying Murray $3.1m a year more than what Bills are Allen. 

I'd say Murray is the least accomplished of any of the 40 million $ men.  He got it because he has a good agent who could threaten that he'd go back to baseball.  Jackson has no agent and no other sport to scare Baltimore.  He's likely to get franchised because. he's too stubborn to hire an agent. Then he's in another prove it year in 2023. 

• 1 month later...

I only saw a few of Lamar’s plays today, but one of them was an odd backwards pass as he was being tackled. Baltimore was very lucky that it was only a 10 yard loss & not a turnover. JA would’ve been universally grilled if he made a play that carelessly. 

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.