Titans Monday Night!

Pete

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

What does it mean when there is a dash instead of status description?

Means "no injury status" during the week and "no game designation" (normal, expected to play) under "game status"

image.thumb.png.6f1cded641ed5a99fad98acf9fed03cb.png

I think historically, Bills players with "questionable" designation play the majority of the time, while "doubtful" seldom play.

There is no longer any "probable"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm feeling unconcerned. Bryant in particular was a standout in preseason, one of the best players not to make the 53. There will be some dropoff but not cliffish.

I think it's huge, myself.  Bryant was a clear drop off last season on a DL that did not look as stout.

Ed Oliver was hoped to be a Beast. 

The drop off from Oliver to Basham or whoever they use in his place is significant, and the drop off from Settle to Bryant is significant.

Just my opinion.  I'm not saying Bryant is "chopped liver" but there's a reason he's on our practice squad and not someone else's 53 man roster.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Just to be clear…there is no longer a “probable” designation, correct?

Yes.  When they did that rule change the definition of "Questionable" and "Doubtful" were changed.

So now if a player is questionable, it can be anywhere from a slight chance he doesn't play up to 50/50.

A lot of questionable players play every week now that probable is no longer an option.

Doubtful is now anyone over a 50/50 chance they will not play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/21/nfl-drops-probable-from-injury-report-redefines-questionable-and-doubtful/

So, basically, any player whose chances of playing are less than 100 percent is “questionable,” and any player whose chances of playing are 49.9999 percent of less is “doubtful.” While these changes streamline the process, they create a much broader range for “questionable,” allowing visiting teams to keep the truly injured players under wraps until they head to the site of the game and leave the injured players behind. For home teams, the question of whether a “questionable” player will play won’t be finally resolved until the list of inactive players is filed 90 minutes prior to kickoff.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ed Oliver went from being probable to return in-game against the Rams, to being OUT of a different game 11 days later. 

Wowza.

10-10 halftime score and dressing 4 DTs, they needed him to get thru the game (until they got a comfortable lead).

Now at less than 100%, and ability to promote Bryant and another PS DT this week, they clearly want to give Ed and Settle time to heal.  Early in the year, need these guys healthy for the long haul.

30 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I pray this does not become our main uniform combo- but after the first two weeks, I gotta say, I’m getting a little nervous…

It’s such an eyesore compared to the other uni’s imo…

Just to clarify, you’re getting nervous about a uniform combination?

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Shakir should be playing then. Good

Agree, this will make for an interesting roster decision on who doesn't dress:

1.  1 less LB (likely Spector)

2. Kumerow sits

3. or Cook sits

This might not be the week to dress only 5 LBs.  My preference would be to sit Kumerow, but he is a key ST player.

This all assumes Davis is in "iffy", but dresses status.  If he's anywhere close to 100%, think we roll with same guys (less Ed/Settle out, Bryant/Brewer up, Hart sits and Doyle dresses).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.