Titans Monday Night!

Pete

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Riddick has been anti-Bills in the past, we will see if he has changed his tune. At least we get Laura Rutledge as the sideline reporter, so that’s a plus.

Riddick’s latest thing is pumping up Trey Lance.  I listened to a recent interview in which he talked about what Lance is capable of doing as being unique in the NFL…the only problem is that it described what Allen does to a T.  Seriously.  I was listening and thinking, “dude — there’s already a guy doing that in the NFL.”

Not impressed with Riddick.

Don’t mind Levy at all; I think he has a good voice and he offers appropriate excitement during his broadcasts.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah Henry had some good runs, but I don't think that is what beat us. Tannehill completing passes on 3rd and long to move the chains and his runs(he was a WR after all in college) are what really cost us.

I counted the 3rd and longs last year because everyone's perception was that was what got us beat. He completed two 3rd and longs all game. One 3rd and 11 on the very first drive and one 3rd and 6 on their final touchdown drive. They managed a third 3rd and long conversion in the first half courtesy of a pass interference penalty. 

The problem in that second half last year was not 3rd down. It was first and second down. The Titans ran 29 offensive plays in the second half of that game. We only got them to four 3rd downs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Rams game was a test for our upgraded pass rush, and they far exceeded expectations.

The Titans game will be a big test for our upgraded interior D-Line.  

DaQuan Jones.  Tim Settle.  Jordan Phillips.  I'll also throw in Shaq Lawson setting the edge.

The key to their offense is obviously Derrick Henry... and then the play-action that results from teams selling-out to stop him.  If our D-Line can stop the running game without much help from the linebackers and secondary, we should be in pretty good shape.  Without AJ Brown, there shouldn't be any receiving threats we can't handle.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ruh roh raggy

Gentry was a waste of a roster spot anyways

10 hours ago, Special K said:

Riddick has been anti-Bills in the past, we will see if he has changed his tune. At least we get Laura Rutledge as the sideline reporter, so that’s a plus.

The Bee-ohs!!

Louis holds animosity to the organization because he felt like they did his brother wrong. It's understandable

20 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

3 keys to the game;

1.  As usual, it all comes down to containing Derrick Henry.  The Titans had 46 offensive snaps vs the Giants last week and 21 of them were runs to Henry and he had one target in the passing game.   47.8% of the entire Titans' offense vs the Giants was Henry.  There were only five runs to someone other than Henry last week.

2.  This relates to point 1 above, the Bills' offense needs to get off to a fast start and put points on the board and force the ball out of Henry's hands and into Tannehill's.  I don't think Tannehill can go toe to toe with Josh in a shoot out.  That offense is not going to score more than 30 points against our defense.  The Titans have to be hoping to keep Henry on the field chewing up clock and Allen sitting on the bench.  The Bills can't let that happen.

3.  The Titans' defense had 5 sacks and 8 QB hits on Daniel Jones last week.  I think that our O-Line is more capable than the Giants, but keeping Josh upright is going to be vital to keep drives alive and put points on the board.

Question is will the Bills be able to run the ball the way the Giants did? If so, will the Bills consider letting the "hot" RB get the majority of the touches? 

• Like (+1) 1

I know that traditionally the NFL has done double Monday night games to start the season or in the first two weeks, but is this game a little bit of a dig on the Bills being a small market team?

Make them the first game and even though they are one of the best teams gloss over the likely lower earlier game ratings and blend with the later game?

Just wondering.  I was surprised with the 19% drop in ratings from last year's Bucs - Cowboys opener.  I mean the Bills and Rams were technically an epic match-up.  However, maybe it makes sense because of Bills being a smaller market and Rams market, in mass or as a percentage of viewers just really not interested.  

Again, just speculating here.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills Media Team.  I suspect you lurk on here.

How about playing the Thunderstruck riff from AC/DC when you announce the Bills on Monday night.  Build it up a few times.  That would get the stadium rocking..

I can't think of a better way to charge up the home crowd.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Question is will the Bills be able to run the ball the way the Giants did? If so, will the Bills consider letting the "hot" RB get the majority of the touches? 

We don't need to run it like the Giants did, nor will we try.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We don't need to run it like the Giants did, nor will we try.

Why not? What's wrong with showing teams they are multi dimensional? Similarly to the Peyton Manning Colts teams

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Exactly Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jones. Bills offense overall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giants offense.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

Riddick’s latest thing is pumping up Trey Lance.  I listened to a recent interview in which he talked about what Lance is capable of doing as being unique in the NFL…the only problem is that it described what Allen does to a T.  Seriously.  I was listening and thinking, “dude — there’s already a guy doing that in the NFL.”

Not impressed with Riddick.

Don’t mind Levy at all; I think he has a good voice and he offers appropriate excitement during his broadcasts.

Yeah he is ALL IN on Trey Lance.   I think he just expects Shanahan's QB-friendly system to negate the fact that the guy has barely played in any football games since HS.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.