Titans Monday Night!

Pete

The Titans got blown out in week 1 last year and beat us again, and were the 1 seed. I don't think theyre all that good, but the Bills need to prepare like they always do and be ready to match blows. If the Bills are prepared, they will walk all over the Titans, and if they aren't, the Titans can absolutely still steal one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Daquon Jones, Tim Settle, and Boogie now as an End?

Those are some significant upgrades in run defending capability

I read one comment that said Tim Settle was a wrecking crew yesterday.   Buffalo is two deep across the defensive line with starting caliber players.   Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa are all improved over last season, and Jordan is a far superior 3 tech versus Oliver's backup last season.  I wouldn't be surprised if Derrick Henry matches his total rushing yards against the Giants when the Titans face the Bills, but I think the Bills can win with Henry having 82 yards.  Buffalo is better than the Giants both on defense and offense, and they are far more physical than they were last season.  There is no reason to fear the Titans.  

• Like (+1) 1

I was working all day and came back home to watch the Giants-Titans replay. Best game of the week (besides the Rams *** whooping.) I think Daboll is the real deal. Can’t hate the guy that had a huge hand in Josh Allen’s development. I hope he succeeds. He’s got Saquon looking like the premier back he was supposed to be and what a gutsy call on that 2 point conversion! 

The only issue is the Titans will probably be extra hungry next week, but I still think we wipe the floor with them 

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

While TN was not super impressive, which stud team will rise out of the AFC South?

Indy is snakebitten, Jax is a season or two (and QB?) away, and Houston lacks a lot talent wise

TN almost makes it in by default

And the G-Men were missing their two best assumed DE (Thibodeaux and Azeez Ojulari). Impressive showing by that undermanned defense.

Curious, were Thibodeaux and Ojulari both healthy scratches??  If so that's surprising...

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

how much better run defense do you all think we have compared to last year? this game scares me the second i saw it on the schedule

After Thursday nights performance by our entire team, coupled with Tennessee crapping the bed today vs Daboll and co, fear is the furthest thing from my mind right now. 

I am someone you'd call cautiously optimistic, and I believe Buffalo will absolutely eviscerate the Titans on Monday night....

Edited by smuvtalker

I’d like to see us control the pace of the entire game.  The defense needs to get off the field on 3rd Down, especially when it’s 3rd and short.  My concern with ball control teams, like the Titans and Ravens, is that our offense doesn’t get into and maintain a rhythm.  We need to play our game and destroy this team.  As they said in Remember the Titans, “Leave No Doubt!”

If you're the Titans coming into Orchard Park on Monday night, after a terrible opening week loss to the Giants, against a Bills team that's had 10 days to prepare and pretty much also had their way with the reigning Super Bowl champion, against a Bills team that appears to be on a mission. this week two match up is as close as you can get to a worst case scenario.

Unless its some fluke, I don't see any reason to expect any other result than a Bills win here.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

It will be interesting to see how McD balances supporting weak corners vs stopping Henry. Hope our DL can do it with lower safety help. If O can get a lead, everything gets easier ;)

They're going to need the DL and LB's to do most of the work against Henry.

7 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Curious, were Thibodeaux and Ojulari both healthy scratches??  If so that's surprising...

After Thursday nights performance by our entire team, coupled with Tennessee crapping the bed today vs Daboll and co, fear is the furthest thing from my mind right now. 

I am someone you'd call cautiously optimistic, and I believe Buffalo will absolutely eviscerate the Titans on Monday night....

No they are injured 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I read one comment that said Tim Settle was a wrecking crew yesterday.   Buffalo is two deep across the defensive line with starting caliber players.   Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa are all improved over last season, and Jordan is a far superior 3 tech versus Oliver's backup last season.  I wouldn't be surprised if Derrick Henry matches his total rushing yards against the Giants when the Titans face the Bills, but I think the Bills can win with Henry having 82 yards.  Buffalo is better than the Giants both on defense and offense, and they are far more physical than they were last season.  There is no reason to fear the Titans.  

Don't forget about Shaq yhis game. I think he plays amd does well vs the run. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.