Titans Monday Night!

Pete

16 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Bills offense showed some flexibility in packages. We saw the Bills in the strong I formation!

Bills defense needs to show some flexibility and go bigger/ 4-3 at times against the Titans/ Colts/ Ravens of the world

KC has a very good OL, Bengals completely rebuilt theirs this offseason, and Miami added 2 studs to its OL to help keep Tua upright.

The Dolphins line is still pretty weak with the exception of the left side. Even there, Conor Williams was just ok with Dallas, and Armstead can usually only finish half the year before getting injured.

Agree on KC and Cincy

16 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Ball control teams are not beating our defense.  It can shut them down.  The rules of the NFL now favor the passing teams.  The teams that concern me are teams that have offenses like ours.  They are just not stoppable thanks to the way games are officiated.  If the Bills lose games this year they will be of the 45-41 variety.  Not the 17-14 variety. 

There  isn’t enough evidence as of yet that the Bills can shut down a ground and pound team effectively . Bills defense was built to stop the pass .  They were  a top ranked passing defense last season . However,   run defense was middle of road. That’s why Bills got stomped by the Colts with Taylor running free all day   and couldn’t contain Henry in the loss to Titans.   Our biggest upgrade on defense is Miller.  But he’s a pass rusher .  So I’m not so sure that we can say that we will shut down a ball control team at this point .

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

There  isn’t enough evidence as of yet that the Bills can shut down a ground and pound team effectively . Bills defense was built to stop the pass .  They were  a top ranked passing defense last season . However,   run defense was middle of road. That’s why Bills got stomped by the Colts with Taylor running free all day   and couldn’t contain Henry in the loss to Titans.   Our biggest upgrade on defense is Miller.  But he’s a pass rusher .  So I’m not so sure that we can say that we will shut down a ball control team at this point .

There were more upgrades to the defense.  Both new DTs, Daquan Jones and Tim Settle, will help clog the middle and allow the LBs to make tackles. Shaq is a DE that plays strong against the run.  

No evidence yet, but the Bills did make some moves to improve and be more stout against the run. 

As mentioned, play with a lead and make these teams throw.  That is a key. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

There were more upgrades to the defense.  Both new DTs, Daquan Jones and Tim Settle, will help clog the middle and allow the LBs to make tackles. Shaq is a DE that plays strong against the run.  

No evidence yet, but the Bills did make some moves to improve and be more stout against the run. 

As mentioned, play with a lead and make these teams throw.  That is a key. 

I believe they made big upgrades, but as mentioned before they need to know when the Nickel is not effective or needed.

Teams are gonna try to establish the run vs. us and Taron can't handle the bigs backs. IMO if Frazier really wants to get mad respect, he should be able to form a 4-3 and adjust to the particular opponent. I'd also like to see Bernard in action.....

Can you imagine playing a team like the Titans or Balt., etc. and having an instinctive head hunting LB blowing up a running game?

Just now, nosejob said:

The Titan's D is looking kinda tough against the Giants. I'm happy we got Saffold and Qberry ( even though Brown is starting.)

That should help at least with preparation. I hope we run the ball down their throats.....after a few quick scores.

to be fair, pretty much any team’s D is gonna look good against Danny Dimes and the G-String-Men.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Bills offense showed some flexibility in packages. We saw the Bills in the strong I formation!

Bills defense needs to show some flexibility and go bigger/ 4-3 at times against the Titans/ Colts/ Ravens of the world

KC has a very good OL, Bengals completely rebuilt theirs this offseason, and Miami added 2 studs to its OL to help keep Tua upright.

Bengals gave up 7 and Tua was running for his life today.

5 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Can you name the 3 specific run defenders they signed that a upgrades?  Miller is the biggest because sacks are very important and high visibility.  Run stuffers are not typically household names.  I'm not certain you can make the claim we didn't upgrade that portion of the defensive line immensely.  

5 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Hopefully the additions of Tim Settle DaQuan Jones and Jordan Phillipps will be what we need. 

I expect an improved performance by the run D

DaQuil is the anchor against the run Star wasn't. Settle and J Phillips are upfield disruptors. Von actually grades out incredibly well against the run. Lawson is known as a solid contain defender on the edge.

The key loss is Harry, an excellent run defender. If DaQuil replaces him/Star for a wash, that's terrific and so far he looks good. But the rest of last years replacements - Addison to Lawson, Hughes to Von, Obada/Star/Zimmer to Settle/Phillips, I think you can call an upgrade vs run and pass.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Jeffrey Simmons is a handful

Well so was A.D.....allegedly. We have the coach who coached the Rams players and line and we also have the guys who went against the Titans front four. I like our chances. I hope our Oline wants to punish them and make a statement.

I was critical of Beane and his addressing of the Oline this off season. I do believe that is gonna be the point of emphasis this next year due to layering the contracts smartly, so I'm cool with that. The thing I'm learning to dig is that Saffold makes Dion and Morse better....Morse and Brown make Bates better.....my point is they all fit like 5 fingers on a glove.

They are all making the guy next to them good. It's a reciprocal thing. Now I'm starting to see the reasoning behind what they're doing.

Edited by nosejob

20 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Well so was A.D.....allegedly. We have the coach who coached the Rams players and line and we also have the guys who went against the Titans front four. I like our chances. I hope our Oline wants to punish them and make a statement.

I was critical of Beane and his addressing of the Oline this off season. I do believe that is gonna be the point of emphasis this next year due to layering the contracts smartly, so I'm cool with that. The thing I'm learning to dig is that Saffold makes Dion and Morse better....Morse and Brown make Bates better.....my point is they all fit like 5 fingers on a glove.

They are all making the guy next to them good. It's a reciprocal thing. Now I'm starting to see the reasoning behind what they're doing.

Aaron Donald was neutralized because the Bills gameplan was to throw the ball instantly every play. 

He was destroying Ryan Bates all game basically.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.