Titans Monday Night!

Pete

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It is, but apparently can’t get anyone to bet the other way

Boston sports radio was actually talking about how lopsided Bills winning the super bowl action is.  They said Vegas is begging public to bet against to Buffalo, and that isn’t happening 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is, but apparently can’t get anyone to bet the other way

The Bills last 19 regular season wins have all been by double digits. The second longest streak in NFL history. When they win, they win big. Hammer the Bills -10.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did you take the titans -10 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Isn’t it Titans +10?

I was actually thinking of taking that bet…I think it might be a closer game than people are expecting…

I’m feeling Bills 27, Titans 20…the over/under is 47.5 so I would also take the under…👍

I don't do sports betting so can someone explain the difference between when they say titans +10 vs bills -10?

I'm assuming it has to do with the o/u with points?

Oof not liking this game as much with that injury report.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't do sports betting so can someone explain the difference between when they say titans +10 vs bills -10?

I'm assuming it has to do with the o/u with points?

So the Bills would have to win by 11 points in order to win the bet.  Its basically a handicap giving the Titans 10 points.  Titans +10 or Bills -10 both mean the same thing.  I dont bet sports either but pretty sure thats how that works.

Edited by Scott7975

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Oof not liking this game as much with that injury report.

So the Bills would have to win by 11 points in order to win the bet.  Its basically a handicap giving the Titans 10 points.  Titans +10 or Bills -10 both mean the same thing.  I dont bet sports either but pretty sure thats how that works.

I understand that part of it.  Just didn't know the difference between them give one team points or taking points away from the other team.  Is it specific to the home/away team, part of the O/U, part of the teams total for betting?  Just seems like it's an arbitrary thing whether the one team is + or the other team is - but I figured there had to be some sort of reason why they do that.

Edited by The Wiz

55 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I understand that part of it.  Just didn't know the difference between them give one team points or taking points away from the other team.  Is it specific to the home/away team, part of the O/U, part of the teams total for betting?  Just seems like it's an arbitrary thing whether the one team is + or the other team is - but I figured there had to be some sort of reason why they do that.

The + or - is dependent on the team you’re getting on. If you bet the Bills, subtract 10 from their score. If you bet the Titans, add 10 to their score. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The + or - is dependent on the team you’re getting on. If you bet the Bills, subtract 10 from their score. If you bet the Titans, add 10 to their score. 

I think I just found the answer I was looking for.  When they post graphics on TV that's all they show is one team is + or -.  Looking at the draftkings betting lines for week 2 it shows it the way you are saying it.  Bills -10 or Titans +10 depending on who you bet.  

I just didn't understand why on TV sometimes they show the - for one team in one game and the + for another team in a different game when looking at the betting line.  I'm sure it was just to make it more clear for people watching to see at a quick glance.

Titan fans expect their team to lose.

Honestly if we keep this within two touchdowns I'll be ecstatic.

Maybe that's too much time off? Maybe they are looking past us and thinking about the divisional game with Miami in Week 3?....but I doubt it, this game worries me and every talking head will be expecting a beat down after us losing to the Giants

Bills have an extra three days rest/prep gonna be tough

I had my confidence tested for this game and it came back negative

Last year when I talked chit about this team they overcame and won.

Titans: 17
Bills: 50 burger

Hope I'm wrong about this score.

Titans 14 - Bills 38

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think I just found the answer I was looking for.  When they post graphics on TV that's all they show is one team is + or -.  Looking at the draftkings betting lines for week 2 it shows it the way you are saying it.  Bills -10 or Titans +10 depending on who you bet.  

I just didn't understand why on TV sometimes they show the - for one team in one game and the + for another team in a different game when looking at the betting line.  I'm sure it was just to make it more clear for people watching to see at a quick glance.

They may just show the line for the home team.

5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Yep, Jones and Phillips are going to get most of the snaps.  Hopefully they can get off the field so there isn't as much need for rotation.

Phillips seemed to feed from the energy of the crowd with Bills fans.  Home opener after a couple insignificant years away?   He must be excited. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.