Titans Monday Night!

Pete

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The titans beat reporter predicted that the titans will sack Josh Allen 6 times. Has Allen even been sacked that many times in a game?! 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34596734/nfl-week-2-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-stats-know-more

Bold prediction: The Titans will sack Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen six times on Monday. Although the Rams only sacked Allen twice last week, Tennessee registered five sacks against the Giants in Week 1, and outside linebacker Rashad Weaver and defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons had two sacks each. Simmons said it's critical to keep Allen in the pocket and constrict it, which is something the Titans can accomplish with twists and stunts up front. -- Turron Davenport

So because they had fewer sacks last week against a worse OL and QB, they expect more sacks against the Bills

• Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The titans beat reporter predicted that the titans will sack Josh Allen 6 times. Has Allen even been sacked that many times in a game?! 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34596734/nfl-week-2-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-stats-know-more

Bold prediction: The Titans will sack Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen six times on Monday. Although the Rams only sacked Allen twice last week, Tennessee registered five sacks against the Giants in Week 1, and outside linebacker Rashad Weaver and defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons had two sacks each. Simmons said it's critical to keep Allen in the pocket and constrict it, which is something the Titans can accomplish with twists and stunts up front. -- Turron Davenport

It does go to figure if they can sack Daniel Jones 5 times they can get to the much less mobile  almost plodding Josh Allen 6 times. It is simple math.

Though if I remember correctly Josh defies the laws of math and statistics just by still being in the NFL

since coming into the league they have squared off 4 times .. the Titans sack totals 

2018 1-3 yds

2019 4-15 yds

2020 1-10 yds

2021 3 - 18 yds

Note: in those 4 games they actually had Harold Landry suited up

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yes, he has.  About once per season until last year (max last year was 4)

Last time was in November 2020 vs Seattle.

We won 44-34; game was not as close as the score appears as Seattle managed 2 TD at the end of the 4Q

Josh passed for over 400 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 82% completions

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agree, that's a crazy prediction to make. 

Although, Titans front 4 does run some nice stunts, and generate solid pressure.  The Simmons/Dupree combo poses some challenges

We need to stay out of 3rd and long, which we excelled at against Rams. Dupree is also prone to get off a little early, I think we can get a hard count Offside or two.

I also have a lot of faith in Kromer/Dorsey neutralizing Simmons, much like Donald.

• Like (+1) 1

This game looks like a blowout to me.  I think the Bills are going to KC 5-0 and if they beat KC on the road, it really looks like we are heading to a 17-0 season.  Where exactly are the Bills losing?  How crazy would it be if the Bills become the first 20-0 team in history.  I think we have a 20-25% shot at pulling it off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

This game looks like a blowout to me.  I think the Bills are going to KC 5-0 and if they beat KC on the road, it really looks like we are heading to a 17-0 season.  Where exactly are the Bills losing?  How crazy would it be if the Bills become the first 20-0 team in history.  I think we have a 20-25% shot at pulling it off. 

image.png.2c350e41627ae0444073218158b05363.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

No way.  We’ll lose at least one or two this regular season that we “should” win.

The thing with Allen is that the kind of sack is as important as the number of sacks.  Often Allen will try to step through a gap that will close before he makes it all the way through.  He therefore gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage (1 to 4 yards) and it is a loss, but not one of those devastating sacks that are 10 yards back.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

Gee, hard to tell. Who is the Jacksonville of this year? 

Let’s pray we beat the Titans on Monday night. 

I think hes saying they'll need to get 6 sacks to win, which I think I would agree with. It's not a crazy number

4 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Im surprised to see them go with this combo again. 

I like the all blues, but Im surprised too. I was sure all white

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yes. 3 times.

7 times against GB his rookie year and against Seattle in 2020. 6 times against Baltimore in 2019.

The past 2 seasons Allen has only been stacked 26 times each year, among the least in the NFL.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think hes saying they'll need to get 6 sacks to win, which I think I would agree with. It's not a crazy number

I like the all blues, but Im surprised too. I was sure all white

The Seahawks sacked Allen 7 times in 2020 and still got bombed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.