Titans Monday Night!

Pete

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, we'll agree to disagree.   Yes, Tannehill's performance in the Cinci playoff was bad.  So was Burrow's performance in the 1st week Pittsburgh game and Allen's performance against Jacksonville last season.  Stafford had a miserable day against us last week.

Good QB have bad games sometimes, Alert the Media.

Like I said, Tannehill isn't The Man like Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Rodgers with receivers and an OL, Brady, Wilson in a good year, possibly Murray, Stafford with an elbow.  You can make an argument for one of a number of other QB season to season and game to game.  So I'd grant Tannehill isn't a top-10 QB in the league, but "not top 20" you need to name the 20 you think are better.

The thing about that playoff game, the Titans offense unabashedly runs through Henry.  That's how it's designed, and there would be Truth I think that Tannehill is a system QB best suited to a run-first system.  Henry was just back from 9 weeks on IR.  They gave him close to his typical snaps and touches - 57% of the snaps, 20 attempts - and he was totally containable, with 3.1 YPA and a long run of 9 yards!  D'Onte Foreman, who was the hoss they rode into the playoffs at 15 rush A/G and 4.3 Y/A, did better when he got the chance breaking a long run of 45 yds and 7 Y/A on his other 3 carries.

So the egg the Titans laid in the playoffs is IMO hitching their wagon to a hoss coming off of IR and forgetting to feed the hoss that brought them there.

So, first of all, my post was a bit of a joke (fairly vs. unfairly "dissed").  I'll grant you that Tanny has been a serviceable guy, maybe top 15 as a starter, but there is no reason he should beat you if you have a solid defense and you contain Henry.

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, we'll agree to disagree.   Yes, Tannehill's performance in the Cinci playoff was bad.  So was Burrow's performance in the 1st week Pittsburgh game and Allen's performance against Jacksonville last season.  Stafford had a miserable day against us last week.

Good QB have bad games sometimes, Alert the Media.

Like I said, Tannehill isn't The Man like Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Rodgers with receivers and an OL, Brady, Wilson in a good year, possibly Murray, Stafford with an elbow.  You can make an argument for one of a number of other QB season to season and game to game.  So I'd grant Tannehill isn't a top-10 QB in the league, but "not top 20" you need to name the 20 you think are better.

The thing about that playoff game, the Titans offense unabashedly runs through Henry.  That's how it's designed, and there would be Truth I think that Tannehill is a system QB best suited to a run-first system.  Henry was just back from 9 weeks on IR.  They gave him close to his typical snaps and touches - 57% of the snaps, 20 attempts - and he was totally containable, with 3.1 YPA and a long run of 9 yards!  D'Onte Foreman, who was the hoss they rode into the playoffs at 15 rush A/G and 4.3 Y/A, did better when he got the chance breaking a long run of 45 yds and 7 Y/A on his other 3 carries.

So the egg the Titans laid in the playoffs is IMO hitching their wagon to a hoss coming off of IR and forgetting to feed the hoss that brought them there.

He's a better regular season QB than playoff QB.

With the Titans, his completion % is 67.1% and passer rating of 102.1 during the regular season; and, in the playoffs, he's at 62.7% and 85.2 respectively.

OK, I'm not saying that the Titans are not a decent football team.  I just want to put the first half of last year's Titans game into perspective.

Bills drive to the Titans 5, stall, kick FG (3-0).

Bills drive to the Titans 5, stall, kick FG (6-0).  Sanders's penalty negates TD.

Titans score on a 76-yard run up the middle by Henry (Henry had 143 yards and 76 came on that one play) (6-7)

Bills drive and score a TD (Diggs) (13-7).

Titans drive to Bills 25, kick FG (Tannehill passing, Henry had 1 yard on drive) (13-10)

Bills on first play of next drive Allen INT returned to Bills 11-yard line.

Titans scored TD (Tannehill run) (13-17)

Bills drive and score TD (Beasley) (20-17)

End of the Half.

Halftime score (Bills receive 2nd half kick) - Bills lead 20-17.

How are the Titans even in this game?   3 bad plays (Long run, JA INT and a penalty by Bills). 

Plus, the Bills stall on 2 drive inside the 10.

This game could have been 28-3 at halftime.  

I'm not going to get into the 2nd half with a called back KO TD return and a JA slip.

Final score 33-31.

The Titans did not beat up the Bills, the Bills handed the game to the Titans and still almost won on their last play!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

So Buffalo had Cooks under wraps on TNF.  They didn't showcase any pass attempts to him.  I wonder if they try an isolate him on Autry/Long.

He wasn’t intentionally under wraps. He was supposed to get all those passes that went to moss. The early fumble led to him only getting 3 snaps. I don’t anticipate him being a big part of this game plan but we will see. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wasn’t intentionally under wraps. He was supposed to get all those passes that went to moss. The early fumble led to him only getting 3 snaps. I don’t anticipate him being a big part of this game plan but we will see. 

I'd like them to activate shakir and go 5 wide to test out their young secondary. 

Not necessarily in place of cook but if they are only going to give him 4 snaps then might as well try out Shakir.

Edited by The Wiz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.