Titans Monday Night!

Pete

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ah, but you highlight a key difference.

The Bills went into LA.  The Rams got to hang their banner and celebrate and they were a little late taking off their "party hats" and getting back into the grind.  

The Titans just had the Giants come to town and sneak past them into the W column.  They may have chalked up a "W" when they saw the schedule, plus, they had to just guess about what the Giants offense would look like, and it appears they guessed wrong.  They were expecting to shut down a pass-dependent offense as Daboll ran in Buffalo and Kafka ran in KC, and were not prepared for the Saquon Barkley show.

Titans got embarrassed at home and have a huge chip on their shoulder right now.

If the Bills take them as seriously as the pressers sound like they're taking them and also have a "chip" about that slip on 4th down last season, the Tuesday game etc etc, we should be OK but if the team has any trouble removing the party hats from LALA land, could be ugly.

I think Beane rebuilt the DL after concluding it was not adequate to either stop the run or pressure the QB, so this will be a great test.

We’re gonna SA-MOKE ‘EM!

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

IMO Tannehill gets unfairly dissed

I dunno, I think he is fairly dissed. That performance in the playoffs against Cinci was a complete disaster.

Now, he’s not the worst starting QB in the league but he’s not top 20 either. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

LOL I musta blinked and missed the insight, but good on that guy for asking. 

There's apparently a kerfluffle in Tennessee that Donte Hilliard got too many snaps and touches, and Derrick Henry too few.

Henry got 68% of the snaps and 21 touches, to Hilliard's 18% and 6 (2 rush, 4 targets).

Last year Henry averaged close to 30 touches/game (27 rush and 3 pass targets) and played 71% of the snaps, which is probably a bit much, even for Henry.  Previous 2 years it was 22 and 24 touches/game and 64-66% of the snaps. 

My guess would be that the Titans want to return more to 2019/2020 form or a bit less, but if they try that and lose, they'll get scrutiny.

It's notable that when Henry is on the field, in previous years he got the ball close to 60% of the time (58%)

34 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Agree 1000% - it's like a cancer diagnosis for some here on TBD. As long as the Bills continue to curb-stomp, who who eff cares?

Am I a bad person for wanting the Bills to have sartorial splendor when curb-stomping?

1 minute ago, eball said:

I dunno, I think he is fairly dissed. That performance in the playoffs against Cinci was a complete disaster.

Now, he’s not the worst starting QB in the league but he’s not top 20 either.

Well, we'll agree to disagree.   Yes, Tannehill's performance in the Cinci playoff was bad.  So was Burrow's performance in the 1st week Pittsburgh game and Allen's performance against Jacksonville last season.  Stafford had a miserable day against us last week.

Good QB have bad games sometimes, Alert the Media.

Like I said, Tannehill isn't The Man like Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Rodgers with receivers and an OL, Brady, Wilson in a good year, possibly Murray, Stafford with an elbow.  You can make an argument for one of a number of other QB season to season and game to game.  So I'd grant Tannehill isn't a top-10 QB in the league, but "not top 20" you need to name the 20 you think are better.

The thing about that playoff game, the Titans offense unabashedly runs through Henry.  That's how it's designed, and there would be Truth I think that Tannehill is a system QB best suited to a run-first system.  Henry was just back from 9 weeks on IR.  They gave him close to his typical snaps and touches - 57% of the snaps, 20 attempts - and he was totally containable, with 3.1 YPA and a long run of 9 yards!  D'Onte Foreman, who was the hoss they rode into the playoffs at 15 rush A/G and 4.3 Y/A, did better when he got the chance breaking a long run of 45 yds and 7 Y/A on his other 3 carries.

So the egg the Titans laid in the playoffs is IMO hitching their wagon to a hoss coming off of IR and forgetting to feed the hoss that brought them there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.