Titans Monday Night!

Pete

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Meh..  Titans could win, sure, they've beaten us twice in a row.  That said, if they win, it's because Vrabel outcoached McDermott and they bullied us, again.

With our revamped DL and the Titans replacing AJ Brown with Treylon Burks, it would be VERY disappointing to see Tannehill smoking us with intermediate route PA throws this year if our LB's keep getting sucked up.  

As far as our Offense goes, I believe we have a pretty good OL and facing Donald should give them some idea of what to do with Simmons.. though I'll concede that Bud Dupree is likely better than Floyd or whoever else the Rams had coming off the edge.  

It shouldn't be close.  We are SO much more talented than them.  I'm sure the Titans could make a game of it, maybe even win, but I feel like I did against a more talented team in LA... that being we very well may blow them out. 

Absolutely. And I certainly do think we're going to win, but I think it could be closer than the ten points we are currently favored. They're an inferior team for sure, but I think their strengths vs. our weaknesses makes them a tougher matchup than some would care to admit.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

all reds are the worst. I prefer blue over white and all white but ok with all blue once in a while

I know the league won't allow it but it would be nice if the Bills could wear red over white or white over red once in a while. I think that would look pretty good. At the end of the day just win the game. Going 2-0 this Monday is all that matters.

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

all reds are the worst. I prefer blue over white and all white but ok with all blue once in a while

Agree about the all reds. Looks like one a dem union suits a prospector from an old cowboy movie might have worn.

That said, they did look great in the blizzard against the Colts.

red.jpg

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

No one should be sleeping on the Titans. They're a better team than what was witnessed vs. the Giants. That was an "Any Given Sunday" type of game, imo.

I think a big concern should be Henry getting into the backfield. Edmunds and Milano are going to need to have a great game. But especially along the sideline I think is where Henry will be aiming. Jackson, Benford, or Elam will all get upended if He hits any of them one-on-one. The Bills secondary is much more about speed than power, and there isn't anyone back there who matches up well with Henry. This is the kind of secondary he feasts on. 

And I don't care what the Giants did to him. Monday is a different day, and Henry's going to be running with the added weight of a large chip on his shoulder.

GO BILLS!

We went into LA and watched them hang a banner. Then we laid 31 on their azz! If we beat the Champs and the Conference #1 Seed consecutively to start the season, STAND THE F*** BY! 
Personally, I have no fear. We’re gonna ROLL ‘EM!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

We went into LA and watched them hang a banner. Then we laid 31 on their azz! If we beat the Champs and the Conference #1 Seed consecutively to start the season, STAND THE F*** BY! 

The Bills beat them by 21 while turning the ball over 4 times. It could have been worse if they protected the ball better.

40 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ah, but you highlight a key difference.

The Bills went into LA.  The Rams got to hang their banner and celebrate and they were a little late taking off their "party hats" and getting back into the grind.  

The Titans just had the Giants come to town and sneak past them into the W column.  They may have chalked up a "W" when they saw the schedule, plus, they had to just guess about what the Giants offense would look like, and it appears they guessed wrong.  They were expecting to shut down a pass-dependent offense as Daboll ran in Buffalo and Kafka ran in KC, and were not prepared for the Saquon Barkley show.

Titans got embarrassed at home and have a huge chip on their shoulder right now.

If the Bills take them as seriously as the pressers sound like they're taking them and also have a "chip" about that slip on 4th down last season, the Tuesday game etc etc, we should be OK but if the team has any trouble removing the party hats from LALA land, could be ugly.

I think Beane rebuilt the DL after concluding it was not adequate to either stop the run or pressure the QB, so this will be a great test.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

No one should be sleeping on the Titans. They're a better team than what was witnessed vs. the Giants. That was an "Any Given Sunday" type of game, imo.

I think a big concern should be Henry getting into the backfield. Edmunds and Milano are going to need to have a great game. But especially along the sideline I think is where Henry will be aiming. Jackson, Benford, or Elam will all get upended if He hits any of them one-on-one. The Bills secondary is much more about speed than power, and there isn't anyone back there who matches up well with Henry. This is the kind of secondary he feasts on. 

And I don't care what the Giants did to him. Monday is a different day, and Henry's going to be running with the added weight of a large chip on his shoulder.

GO BILLS!

GIF by Originals

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I had a dream we did this to Tannehill

That would be pleasant to watch, but in general, unlikely to occur.

IMO Tannehill gets unfairly dissed.  He's not The Man like Mahomes or Allen or Herbert or Burrows, but he won "Comeback Player of the Year" after he moved to Tenn for good reason.  He's a fully capable NFL QB.  He can make his reads and make a decision promptly.  He doesn't  run by preference, but he's more nimble on his feet than he gets credit for.

The Pats offense is just a disorganized mess right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.