Titans Monday Night!

Pete

On 9/11/2022 at 6:30 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Poke, a lot of people were a little harsh on you,  it I cannot honestly see that many losses without losing Allen.  Even if we god forbid lost Allen, Keenum can win a few games with this loaded team.

The Titans have regressed, and we should decisively beat them as the Fins and Steelers.  The Steelers have the defense, but their offense is still a ?  Harris turned out to be a very good rookie back, but he’ll face a much more stout defensive interior.  I’ve yet to see Jones or Settle be moved, and Phillips is fast for a large man.

I’ll believe Tua when he proves it against other winning teams.  All the weapons in the world without a great QB can only get you so far.

The next real test which I believe will be a closer game is the Ravens.  They will be back to form from 2019 where they went 12 and 13 personnel, and it will work on a lot of teams.  It won’t gainer us.  We should win, but it will be a tough game.

The two I have no idea are the Chiefs and Packers.  We’ll see how championship ready this team is after week 8.  Between the Ravens, Chiefs and Packers, we’ll know if we are heading towards the SB.

I think Miami is a going to be a thorn in our side this year.

After the whooping KC put on a hyped Arizona team, it feels like we are on another collision course with them for the AFCCG. 

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 3

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I enjoyed watching Red Zone all day yesterday and I'll enjoy it again this Sunday. Also prime time Josh Allen always plays at an elite level. Enjoy it while we can.

I have three TVs on my patio.  They all have sunday ticket😁😁😁😁😁.  

I just cant watch live games on weeknights.  My days start WAY to early.  

But.....  It is petty when we have the best team in football. Lol

• Agree 1

How Kevin Byard views Tennessee Titans' rivalry with Buffalo Bills? 'A respect thing'

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-byard-views-tennessee-titans-200151806.html

Guys play hard," he said via Zoom. “Josh Allen, he plays hard. Their running backs run hard. (Stefon) Diggs plays hard. I think it’s just the entire team and I think that’s what makes the matchups exciting.

It’s not like two divas playing each other, you know what I’m saying? These are two blue-collar cities, two blue-collar teams. And I think we represent that on the football field.”

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It’s not like two divas playing each other, you know what I’m saying? These are two blue-collar cities, two blue-collar teams. And I think we represent that on the football field.”

Nashville is a blue collar city?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Early Titans thoughts on this one.

1. Dontrell Hilliard, RB2, led the team in TDs.  Both his TDs were short throws, 7 yards and another that went for 23 yards.  So watching him out of the backfield will be important.

2. Robert Woods only had one reception.  I expect Tannehill to pay more attention to his wide receivers in this one.  

3. Jeffrey Simmons is a beast.  He had 2 sacks, one a strip sack where he cleanly beat three Giants.  

4. Kyle Phillips, WR a 5th round pick led them with 6 catches for 66 yards.

5. Not sure what to make of the Giants gouging them on the ground.  Barkley had a 9.1 yard average on 18 carries.  

6. Treylon Burks had a nice 11 YAC average on is three catches.  So I expect a lot of crossing routes for him.

Not that its good to do this, but he did have 1 run that he busted loose for 68yds.  Take that run out and his average is 5.6yds/carry.    Still really good, but not quite as gaudy.   Either way it’s hard to say with one game if its due to a bad Titans run defense, or a really good Giants run game. 

I would add the Bills need to be ready for Tannenhill keeping drives alive with scrambles.  He’s not the best rusher, but he’s proven to be quite effective if the defense clears the underneath zones and gives him a free 7-10yds to run out of bounds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Titans will be without their End Landry for the game which should help.  Like last game, I think the key is defense and our front 4.  I think it will be a lot harder for Henry this year. I think another key could be to get James Cook involved catching passes out of the backfield.  Time to get him some carries and some confidence.  Time to squash this number the Titans have done on us over past few years.  Time for it to be our year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Not that its good to do this, but he did have 1 run that he busted loose for 68yds.  Take that run out and his average is 5.6yds/carry.    Still really good, but not quite as gaudy.   Either way it’s hard to say with one game if its due to a bad Titans run defense, or a really good Giants run game. 

I would add the Bills need to be ready for Tannenhill keeping drives alive with scrambles.  He’s not the best rusher, but he’s proven to be quite effective if the defense clears the underneath zones and gives him a free 7-10yds to run out of bounds. 

This is IMO what has cost us in the last two meetings.  We could not contain Tannehill scrambling for first downs even on third and long.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.