Titans Monday Night!

Pete

46 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm actually a fan of the 715 game start. I'm up early for work and I was so hyped last Thursday I couldn't sleep. If we repeat I have a few hours to get it out of my system. 

Yeah, I like the 7:15 start. 

I can handle it ending before 11pm.  I'm often at work by 5am (beating Atlanta traffic and a few hours of no interuptions). Thursday I left work around 10:30am, took my usual mid-afternoon snooze, and then took Friday off to sleep in while visions of superbowls danced in me head.

So glad the west coast can enjoy the Monday night games, but other than those in which the Bills have played, I've hardly seen any Monday nighters in years. I'm usually snoring on the sofa by 9:30.

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had completely forgotten about the last game Tenn played in Buff in 2018. Allen running for his life behind the human turnstile that was Vlad Ducasse and bouncing passes off the hands of Kelvin Benjamin with his .0000000005 yards of separation from defenders....

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I don’t know if I understand why these are overlapped on Monday? 7:15 and 8:30. 

3C02AED7-7D2B-4CAC-9A95-75EEC0F174AF.jpeg

It has always been like that for quite a few years.  I think at some point, both ABC and ESPN got contract for MNF for a few games at the beginning of the season and they were trying this simultaneous broadcast on their sister stations.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Interesting tweet, why would anyone expect different?

if it was a day game and expected to be really warm, I could see us going with the white jerseys.    Otherwise, yeah,  not much of a question that we’ll be in our blue jerseys with the white pants.

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Interesting tweet, why would anyone expect different?

They have been wearing white for the home opener for a few years now. But those games were always 1:00 on a hot Sunday afternoon. Monday night in mid Sept in Buffalo there is no reason to wear the white. I do expect them to wear the throwback whites at home later in the year. They seem to do that in Oct/Nov.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Yeah, I like the 7:15 start. 

I can handle it ending before 11pm.  I'm often at work by 5am (beating Atlanta traffic and a few hours of no interuptions). Thursday I left work around 10:30am, took my usual mid-afternoon snooze, and then took Friday off to sleep in while visions of superbowls danced in me head.

So glad the west coast can enjoy the Monday night games, but other than those in which the Bills have played, I've hardly seen any Monday nighters in years. I'm usually snoring on the sofa by 9:30.

Snoring on the sofa ? I eat a hand full of Xanax and still find my self screaming from the ceiling !!!

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

It has always been like that for quite a few years.  I think at some point, both ABC and ESPN got contract for MNF for a few games at the beginning of the season and they were trying this simultaneous broadcast on their sister stations.

Pretty sure this is the first time they've ever done overlapping games. Used to be one early and then west coast game late after the first one. 

Overlapping them is pretty stupid. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Pretty sure this is the first time they've ever done overlapping games. Used to be one early and then west coast game late after the first one. 

Overlapping them is pretty stupid. 

Especially this week. That Vikings-Eagles game is a really good game. Too bad us Bills fans will only see the 2nd half.

3 keys to the game;

1.  As usual, it all comes down to containing Derrick Henry.  The Titans had 46 offensive snaps vs the Giants last week and 21 of them were runs to Henry and he had one target in the passing game.   47.8% of the entire Titans' offense vs the Giants was Henry.  There were only five runs to someone other than Henry last week.

2.  This relates to point 1 above, the Bills' offense needs to get off to a fast start and put points on the board and force the ball out of Henry's hands and into Tannehill's.  I don't think Tannehill can go toe to toe with Josh in a shoot out.  That offense is not going to score more than 30 points against our defense.  The Titans have to be hoping to keep Henry on the field chewing up clock and Allen sitting on the bench.  The Bills can't let that happen.

3.  The Titans' defense had 5 sacks and 8 QB hits on Daniel Jones last week.  I think that our O-Line is more capable than the Giants, but keeping Josh upright is going to be vital to keep drives alive and put points on the board.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.