Titans Monday Night!

Pete

8 hours ago, BillsBytheBay said:

I'm not actually thrilled having all these primetime games. I really do miss counting on my game being at one.

Why do people continue to say mopey stuff like this? :lol: 

I know some Bills fans don't follow the rest of the league and have been caught off guard by the fact that the good teams get the primetime games.........but the Bills have been a good team for several years now.

It's the cost of winning...........no different than saying you aren't thrilled with the Bills season lasting until late January/February because you were used to going skiing on weekends then.:doh:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why do people continue to say mopey stuff like this? :lol: 

I know some Bills fans don't follow the rest of the league and have been caught off guard by the fact that the good teams get the primetime games.........but the Bills have been a good team for several years now.

It's the cost of winning...........no different than saying you aren't thrilled with the Bills season lasting until late January/February because you were used to going skiing on weekends then.:doh:

Or not liking when commentators pick your team to win, when your team is good they're going to start picking it.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The NFL is trying something, it's pretty stupid.

They usually do a MNF double header the first weekend of the year.

Here's the reason for the change.......new tv contracts/more money.

In the new ESPN/ABC contract with the league, the annual "Monday Night Football" doubleheader was expected to make its return this season with a twist. ESPN will up its slate of games from 17 to 23 and will have three games exclusively on ABC in addition to games being played on ESPN -- so there will be three weeks of "Monday Night Football" doubleheaders in 2022 and each season after. ESPN will also have the right to flex a "Monday Night Football" matchup from Week 12 through Week 18. ESPN+ will also have an exclusive game, which will be one of the international games on the calendar. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They usually do a MNF double header the first weekend of the year

Doubleheader typically means one game immediately followed by another.  What they’re doing this year is different but I think I understand it.  ESPN is trying to dominate viewership over a 5-hour time slot while appeasing east coast fans who won’t stay up for a 10 p.m. start time.  For fans of any of the four teams playing there’s no conflict; they will watch their team’s game.  For the rest of the general NFL-watching public, they’ll watch the Bills-Oilers early, switch back and forth during the overlap, and then watch the Vikings-Eagles finish.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Quarter past midnight. Not too bad. That is probably a power through time. I managed to get 2 hours kip in and set the alarm to wake back up at 1.15am for Thursday!

That’s my usual plan of attack. An hour earlier changes things. Could have done with the Queen’s funeral being Tuesday really. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why are their two Monday night games anyway? I know the league has had two Monday night games in the past but that is usually a week one double header. Granted last night was Wilson's return to Seattle so maybe the league wanted the spotlight for that game only but then just have one Monday night for week 2 and beyond. I can't believe Seahawks fans mostly booed Wilson considering everything he has done for that organization.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Why are their two Monday night games anyway? I know the league has had two Monday night games in the past but that is usually a week one double header. Granted last night was Wilson's return to Seattle so maybe the league wanted the spotlight for that game only but then just have one Monday night for week 2 and beyond. I can't believe Seahawks fans mostly booed Wilson considering everything he has done for that organization.

I thought the same thing at first with Russ but for all he did for the Seahawks, he was also pretty vocal about not wanting to be there for the better part of the last two years.  I can understand the fan reaction.  Don't agree with it, but can understand it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.