Titans Monday Night!

Pete

51 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Considering @Logic’s avatar, who holds their $?!% together better…Dead Heads or Parrot Heads?

Different kinds of potential downfall:

Parrot Heads are likely to be too drunk (and potentially too stoned) to make it into the show.

Deadheads are likely to be too busy traversing the furthest realms of the astral galaxy due to over-indulgence in mushrooms, acid, and strong pot brownies to make it into the show.

Unfortunately for me, I am both a Parrot Head AND a Deadhead.

Happy Joy GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Parrot Heads are likely to be too drunk (and potentially too stoned) to make it into the show.

Deadheads are likely to be too busy traversing the furthest realms of the astral galaxy due to over-indulgence in mushrooms, acid, and strong pot brownies to make it into the show.

Happy Joy GIF

It must really mess up your head when Jimmy covers Scarlet Begonias.  

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Happy Joy GIF

So you are a dead parrot? 🤣

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Haha (+1) 9

48 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

It must really mess up your head when Jimmy covers Scarlet Begonias.  

Indeed, but I kind of like the steel drums on it.

Also, I was actually a Buffett fan before I discovered the Dead, so I heard Jimmy's version of Uncle John's Band well before I ever heard the Dead do it.

The fanhood doesn't seem to go both directions, though. No Buffett covers by the Dead. I think they would've knocked A Pirate Looks at Forty and Change in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes out of the park, but what do I know?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

I'm not nervous about the Titans offense. Our run defense looked much improved the first week. If we shut down Henry, or at least keep him contained to around 80 yards and 1 score, we should win this game handily. I expect us to put up 30+ on their defense and expect them to struggle to score 20. 

Henry did not look the same against the giants, his movements looked labored. The play where he caught that swing pass, he didn't even try to make an athletic move to make a play, it looked like he was in neutral and just went out of bounds. Even running the ball he looked like he was just bowling ball forward not making cuts or anything. That being said no matter what he's going to be load to take down. But the bills D line is much more equipped this year for a power back.

9 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Henry did not look the same against the giants, his movements looked labored. The play where he caught that swing pass, he didn't even try to make an athletic move to make a play, it looked like he was in neutral and just went out of bounds. Even running the ball he looked like he was just bowling ball forward not making cuts or anything. That being said no matter what he's going to be load to take down. But the bills D line is much more equipped this year for a power back.

case in point…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I took one for the team, Mafia...went with Henry for my first round pick.  You're welcome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

The Giants had a good scheme. What is impressive is that they did that without their two best edge players! I watched most of the game and some breakdowns this morning. They lined up their DEs wide and crashed the middle. It made for tough sledding for Henry, and limited the lanes Tannehill had to pull the ball down and run. DE Jihad Ward was lined up wide a lot, almost LB position, or like Lorax used too, and had himself a heck of a game.

Doesn't hurt that Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence were doing a good job inside.

Will be a good test for Jones/ Settle/ Oliver and Phillips. If Oliver is good to go and the game stays close, I would not be surprised to see Phillips get fewer snaps and see Settle/ Oliver get more.

Am hoping that McDermott will use a 4-3 scheme or a 3rd DE lined up wide, and clog up those running lanes. I don't want to see Poyer/ Hyde/ Johnson be the first Bill laying a helmet on Henry or Tannehill again. If McDermott and Frazier insist on sticking with a 4-2-5 they should line up Von Miller or Rosseau wide like the Giants did with Ward. I also expect to see Lawson active and help set the edge wide or not.

I am already over the Rams game (almost) and can't wait for the Titans and this is still only Monday.  We have the rest of the week and then another whole day of work next week before getting to 3 1/2 hours before kickoff.

I don't know how I am going to survive this exact same schedule next year, and likely in '24, too.  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am already over the Rams game (almost) and can't wait for the Titans and this is still only Monday.  We have the rest of the week and then another whole day of work next week before getting to 3 1/2 hours before kickoff.

I don't know how I am going to survive this exact same schedule next year, and likely in '24, too.  :rolleyes:

Uhm, who is working next Monday??

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Prly old news 

https://sports.yahoo.com/tennessee-titans-vs-buffalo-bills-181144319.html

Tennessee Titans vs. Buffalo Bills betting odds: Titans big underdogs against Josh Allen

The Tennessee Titans are 9 1/2 point underdogs for Monday's Week 2 NFL game against the Buffalo Bills, according to Tipico.

The Bills' money line is currently -500, while the Titans' money line is +360.

The over/under is 49 1/2 points.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

14 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

The Giants had a good scheme. What is impressive is that they did that without their two best edge players! I watched most of the game and some breakdowns this morning. They lined up their DEs wide and crashed the middle. It made for tough sledding for Henry, and limited the lanes Tannehill had to pull the ball down and run. DE Jihad Ward was lined up wide a lot, almost LB position, or like Lorax used too, and had himself a heck of a game.

Doesn't hurt that Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence were doing a good job inside.

Will be a good test for Jones/ Settle/ Oliver and Phillips. If Oliver is good to go and the game stays close, I would not be surprised to see Phillips get fewer snaps and see Settle/ Oliver get more.

Am hoping that McDermott will use a 4-3 scheme or a 3rd DE lined up wide, and clog up those running lanes. I don't want to see Poyer/ Hyde/ Johnson be the first Bill laying a helmet on Henry or Tannehill again. If McDermott and Frazier insist on sticking with a 4-2-5 they should line up Von Miller or Rosseau wide like the Giants did with Ward. I also expect to see Lawson active and help set the edge wide or not.

I did not watch much, so maybe you can tell me.  Did Lewan suck?  I was mainly watching Steelers Bengals or Phins Pats and would occasionally watch Red Zone.  When I did see this game on Red Zone, it seemed like bad things were always happening around Lewan...penalties or getting beat.  Wondering what you saw.

Early betting odds have the Bills 9.5 point favorites. Pretty big spread but not surprising after both teams 1st game results. I just don't see how Tannehill beats the Bills. Stop Derrick H is the number one priority. Traditionally, this has been a pretty bad match up for the Bills. However, I think the Bills D is much better up front. I think the only way the Bills lose is if they are sloppy and have a let down. Very unlikely on Monday night home opener.

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

We have to contain Tannehill. For me that was the most frustrating part of the last couple of games.

I'm not worried about Tannehill with our revamped DL. He's going to get pounded back there, even when he's not getting sacked. There is no AJ Brown this year either. Our defense is well beyond what they just faced yesterday and they still only put up 21. I don't think they even get that against us and we'll put up 30+. 

Edited by H2o

17 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Prly old news 

https://sports.yahoo.com/tennessee-titans-vs-buffalo-bills-181144319.html

Tennessee Titans vs. Buffalo Bills betting odds: Titans big underdogs against Josh Allen

That’s a HUGE spread! I can’t bet against us so I just won’t bet. They were last seasons #1 Seed, ferchristsake 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.