Titans Monday Night!

Pete

3 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Does having Saffold and Quessenberry on the Bills help Frazier game plan for King Henry?

The revamped dt position and dline as a whole help Frazier game plan for Henry. Run D was our biggest issue last year and it looks like it may be a strength this year.

In terms of playoff seeding, this game -- being a conference matchup -- is actually of much greater importance than the Rams game.

Having one extra week of rest come playoff time and forcing every other AFC team to come to Buffalo will be HUGE to the Bills' chances of advancing to the Super Bowl.

To that end, even though it's week 2, it is a pivotal matchup for Buffalo. We saw just last season how conference losses can cost the Bills homefield advantage and thus, potentially, a Super Bowl trip.

Big game.

10 days rest. Confidence. A desire for revenge after last year's prime time loss to the Titans.

Let's go, Buffalo!!!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, somnus00 said:

Titans have had the Bills number the last 2 seasons. I'm betting the team will be hungry for some payback.

This one is a homecoming in front of an out of control fan base Following a decisive victory over the world champs.  Titans may 

Set a record for most false starts. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Our D WAS soft- but not anymore…they are in for a rude awakening…😉

I am truly baffled how they could watch that performance and take away the Bills DL is soft.  They are also pumping up their own D as something special. I don't remember the Titans defense slowing Josh down at all.

If our revamped Dline can do anything to slow down Henry I don't see how the Titans keep pace.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am truly baffled how they could watch that performance and take away the Bills DL is soft.  They are also pumping up their own D as something special. I don't remember the Titans defense slowing Josh down at all.

If our revamped Dline can do anything to slow down Henry I don't see how the Titans keep pace.

They are probably just remembering our D from years passed, when we could never slow down the better teams…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thank you for keeping it real. We won. Great! On to the Titans! Home Opener on national tv again against the Conference top seed from last season -who beat us.

Time to bring it back to earth and focus on being 1-0 next week. 
(hope this thread gets pinned)

My Dad worked with a guy with season tickets.  He'd give programs to him for my brothers and me.

I would read them over and over.  Great memories but I sure wish I would have kept them.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

My Dad worked with a guy with season tickets.  He'd give programs to him for my brothers and me.

I would read them over and over.  Great memories but I sure wish I would have kept them.

Our family had season tix and I collected boxes of those things! Long gone, of course, but they were great! 

We have a nice man cave that currently only has a Bills banner hanging. I have room for a few select movie posters, and in another section I plan to have a collection of those old program covers in frames. I’m thinking Patriots, Jets, Dolphins (division foes) and Oilers games (I was actually looking at the one above). I think they are about $25 to $30+/- each, so it’s not a huge investment, but any old Bills fan walking in will have an instant appreciation for those iconic pieces of art. 

I think the son (?) of the guy who did those covers was a poster here at some point. Maybe still is?  Nice legacy to bring a warm feeling to people with your art long after you are gone. 

Good news for Monday night? They added another Rally bus from my location. Bad news? Hotels rates almost doubled in the last 10 days. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 947 said:

The best way to take Henry out of the game is to go up by 3 scores...

I'd like to see some 4-3 D on early downs with Bernard coming in for Taron.

Thats what I think will happen.  Get them at 2nd and 8 ish as much as they can.  Let Tanny throw without having Brown anymore.

Not trying to be a homer but I think this could be a slaughter.  They lost their best pass rusher so we can actually go downfield more.  I’m really excited about this game.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Titans forum is falling over themselves to prove Allen is Cam Newton and the Bills defense is soft.  Interesting hill to die on.

This seems to be the narrative and it drives me nuts. The only comparison to Newton is Allen's build, everything else, Allen is on another level. The big Ben comparison is even more comical. The only similarity is they're both hard to bring down, but again, Allen is on another level. Allen reminds me a lot more of John Elway than either one of those 2

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

This seems to be the narrative and it drives me nuts. The only comparison to Newton is Allen's build, everything else, Allen is on another level. The big Ben comparison is even more comical. The only similarity is they're both hard to bring down, but again, Allen is on another level. Allen reminds me a lot more of John Elway than either one of those 2

They must not watch our games because Allen is exceling from the pocket.  Hes reading defenses, checking into the right plays, making the right reads and manipulating safeties with his eyes.  Hes also incredible when rolling out of the pocket and improvising when protection breaks down.  He is every bit the QB Rodgers or Mahomes is but he's the size of a linebacker.  Hes going to be a problem for any defense.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

In terms of playoff seeding, this game -- being a conference matchup -- is actually of much greater importance than the Rams game.

Having one extra week of rest come playoff time and forcing every other AFC team to come to Buffalo will be HUGE to the Bills' chances of advancing to the Super Bowl.

To that end, even though it's week 2, it is a pivotal matchup for Buffalo. We saw just last season how conference losses can cost the Bills homefield advantage and thus, potentially, a Super Bowl trip.

Big game.

10 days rest. Confidence. A desire for revenge after last year's prime time loss to the Titans.

Let's go, Buffalo!!!

Titans fans are whining about the Bills getting a mini bye yet they seem to forget they got a ton of rest before playing the Bills a couple of years back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.