Crow-eating Collinsworth

NoHuddleKelly12

On 9/9/2022 at 1:17 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even Collinsworth was forced to gush over Josh and our Bills tonight…from his awestruck dumbfoundedness in discussing how Josh just loves to play and tell the Rams how he’s owning them after stiff-arms, to making the profound observation that Stafford’s best highlight play was his tackle in defense against Boogie Basham’s INT return…it was a night for the (usually Debbie Downer) announcer makeover for the ages! What were your favorite Collinsworth quips on the night?

Collinsworth is an excellent announcer. Of course he gushed over that performance.

Announcers are supposed to be even-handed. That's what he's done about the Bills and Allen. Over the past two years he's been very positive, throwing in a question or two for balance. This week was such a great performance there really wasn't a need for any balance. It was simply terrific.

I didn't see him eating any crow, nor had he done anything to have to.

Doesn't mean you have to like him, or agree with his opinions, but he's an excellent announcer and all of his emmy awards speak to that.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2022 at 4:37 PM, Rampage said:

That comparison was moronic because Brady doesn’t have the ability to scramble like Allen. He was picking apart the defense like Brady used to do but with an element neither he nor Peyton(who he also mentioned) ever had.

He said he looked like, not he is like. 

From what I can see with a quick look at the play-by-play, in the Bills first seven drives, he'd run once. He did look like Brady there. You're certainly right that overall Brady's not a great comparison because of Allen's running ability. But in that part of that game I was thinking much the same thing. Short, surgical passes, and he was killing them.

• Agree 1

On 9/9/2022 at 5:04 AM, GunnerBill said:

I totally disagree with this. I don't think any other color guy has a better eye for why a play has or hasn't worked and is able to break it down 2 seconds after it happened than Collinsworth. 

Some of the fluff stuff is annoying. But as an actual game analyst he remains just about the best. 

I do know this is not the consensus view. But that is honestly my take.

100% agree. 

Daryl Johnston is one of the better ones as well. 

Aikman is of course the absolute worst.

• Agree 1

On 9/9/2022 at 1:28 AM, loyal2dagame said:

Every Bills/Allen game until this one,  Collinswoth had seemed to be anti Allen. 

Now he's lickin Allen's butthole. 

Collinsworth can get bent.

I mean, he finally caved and called him the MVP in the regular season KC game last year so...

On 9/9/2022 at 1:17 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even Collinsworth was forced to gush over Josh and our Bills tonight…from his awestruck dumbfoundedness in discussing how Josh just loves to play and tell the Rams how he’s owning them after stiff-arms, to making the profound observation that Stafford’s best highlight play was his tackle in defense against Boogie Basham’s INT return…it was a night for the (usually Debbie Downer) announcer makeover for the ages! What were your favorite Collinsworth quips on the night?

he said 

"he thought he was watching tom brady"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.