Crow-eating Collinsworth

NoHuddleKelly12

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even Collinsworth was forced to gush over Josh and our Bills tonight…from his awestruck dumbfoundedness in discussing how Josh just loves to play and tell the Rams how he’s owning them after stiff-arms, to making the profound observation that Stafford’s best highlight play was his tackle in defense against Boogie Basham’s INT return…it was a night for the (usually Debbie Downer) announcer makeover for the ages! What were your favorite Collinsworth quips on the night?

HUDS, I still see it.  Not just with Cris, but other places, too.

You don't have to love or cheer for the Bills as an announcer, but even after last night there's this surly, burning sauce under bubbling cheese on a pizza of nationals that acknowledging what the Bills did is like so much bile passing through their mouth.  

...go choke on it, I guess.

GO BILLS!

Edit:  @NoHuddleKelly12

Sorry, HUDS.  I corrected the above with choke.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

This needs to stop, If we open up the draft day thread so many on here were absolutely horrified when we took Allen over Rosen. I would say 75% or more hated the pick and stated the exact same thing Collinsworth has said. He woke people up and made them into believers there is nothing wrong with making a mistake. So if we can forgive 75% + of the board we can forgive Collinsworth.

Sorry, Allen proved 2 years ago he belongs in the talk of top 5 QB's and Collinsworth has continued to throw shade. You can forgive the 75% because almost every single one of them ditched it as soon as Josh had that Thanksgiving game in 2019 vs Dallas.

<insert proverbial fruit comparisons>

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm going to say it once more.

Chris gushes over any player or team who are playing great.  He's a cheerleader for the elite.

Josh will have him praising everything he does.

I didn't hear him a lot last night, because I was in a sports bar.

I like Collinsworth.   He is observant and points out interesting things that players do that make plays succeed.

He's enthusiastic, which is what his producers want, and he's enthusiastic about stars, which is also what his producers want.   

Cheerleader for the elite is a great description.  He doesn't spend a lot of time talking about the lesser guys on the field, which is certainly a shortcoming of his, he's entertaining and he is smart. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I totally disagree with this. I don't think any other color guy has a better eye for why a play has or hasn't worked and is able to break it down 2 seconds after it happened than Collinsworth. 

Some of the fluff stuff is annoying. But as an actual game analyst he remains just about the best. 

I do know this is not the consensus view. But that is honestly my take.

He can certainly give great analysis at times (maybe 10%) but to me those get overshadowed by all the other times that he either states the completely obvious, or comes with some horrible take (90%). Overall, can’t stand him. 

• Disagree 1

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even Collinsworth was forced to gush over Josh and our Bills tonight…from his awestruck dumbfoundedness in discussing how Josh just loves to play and tell the Rams how he’s owning them after stiff-arms, to making the profound observation that Stafford’s best highlight play was his tackle in defense against Boogie Basham’s INT return…it was a night for the (usually Debbie Downer) announcer makeover for the ages! What were your favorite Collinsworth quips on the night?

Not gonna look through this entire thread due to time constraints but the comment about how “The difference is Josh Allen is starting to figure it out.” Cris Collingsworth. Is this guy stupid? Live under a rock? He’s been balling out for 3 years now Wtf kind of awful take was that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This needs to stop, If we open up the draft day thread so many on here were absolutely horrified when we took Allen over Rosen. I would say 75% or more hated the pick and stated the exact same thing Collinsworth has said. He woke people up and made them into believers there is nothing wrong with making a mistake. So if we can forgive 75% + of the board we can forgive Collinsworth.

Spare me. I hated him LONG before Josh Allen came around. I can't stand him and the fact that he is now saying nice things about our Superbowl caliber team does not change that. He has to because it's so obvious.

Edited by MJS

Posters here read way too much into his every spoken word!

Everybody who's ripping Collinsworth should read Alan Pergament's column form a couple days ago.  He's giving a professional critique as compared to the homers here who hate everyone who doesn't gush 24/7 over the Bills.  If you read the article too  he talks about the fan group that hates him even more is the Bengals, again because he doesn't praise them all the time.

And I'll get nothing but hate for my post but the constant ripping anyone who doesn't always praise the Bills sounds like a bunch of 5 year olds and I'm probably insulting the 5 year olds of the world in saying that.  The Bills were a lousy team for a long time so a media person is going to be more skeptical of their fast turn around.

Having said all that I will say the guy who really shocked me praising the Bills was Rodney Harrison.

• Like (+1) 1

No, CC over plays his shtick to the point of making himself the fool, that some won’t see see it…, well that’s their problem.  He is the Jar Jar Binks of commentators. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

It cracks me up when people pretend like this didn't happen.  

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He's always been extremely complimentary of Allen, very few people in the football world aren't.  This constant whining over not getting enough effusive praise is tiresome.  The fans are supposed to kiss butt, not the announcers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.