Crow-eating Collinsworth

NoHuddleKelly12

Still don't understand the Collinsworth hate on this board. He has a style.  He talks up the stars and tries to highlight a few unsung heros on the lines from time to time. 

I've never detected an anti-Buffalo bias. He loves the fan base in Buffalo. We sucked for the majority of his broadcasting career and he must have called dozens of Brady's games. What is he supposed to say when you lose for 17 years?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

They are forced to give props now due to the national pulse.  

Guys like Mike Rob, Chris Simms, Adam Schein and few others that have been beating the drum for a few years get respect for being in on the come up.  

Not C.C. he's just a douche.

Ah yes they are all forced to say things. Are you an adult?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even Collinsworth was forced to gush over Josh and our Bills tonight…from his awestruck dumbfoundedness in discussing how Josh just loves to play and tell the Rams how he’s owning them after stiff-arms, to making the profound observation that Stafford’s best highlight play was his tackle in defense against Boogie Basham’s INT return…it was a night for the (usually Debbie Downer) announcer makeover for the ages! What were your favorite Collinsworth quips on the night?

I don't take Collinsworth seriously.  When he called the Bills @49ers game it was just so obvious he was following a script being positive.

But I did enjoy when he was marveling at the streak of completions Josh had and then the McKenzie INT he said right away "that was off McKenzie's hands, that wasn't his fault". 

That's when I knew the Worm had Turned, because that couldn't be scripted.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

The main reason I don’t like collinsworth is he brings nothing to the broadcast of a traditional color commentator. He talks zero X’s and O’s And strategy. Therefore he has to rely on praising athletes (mainly the stars regardless of the team) and personal anecdotes about them throughout the game. 

I totally disagree with this. I don't think any other color guy has a better eye for why a play has or hasn't worked and is able to break it down 2 seconds after it happened than Collinsworth. 

Some of the fluff stuff is annoying. But as an actual game analyst he remains just about the best. 

I do know this is not the consensus view. But that is honestly my take.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

"Now here's a guy who's starting to figure out the game," speaking of the NFL in general, not this specific game. I laughed out loud.

It was a dumb quote but I think I understand what he was trying to say. He should’ve  said mastering the game.

Allen was getting the football out faster than we’ve ever seen him do. That’s new. The back shoulder throws were pinpoint. That’s new. He was Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, with some Josh Allen crazy mixed in.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even Collinsworth was forced to gush over Josh and our Bills tonight…from his awestruck dumbfoundedness in discussing how Josh just loves to play and tell the Rams how he’s owning them after stiff-arms, to making the profound observation that Stafford’s best highlight play was his tackle in defense against Boogie Basham’s INT return…it was a night for the (usually Debbie Downer) announcer makeover for the ages! What were your favorite Collinsworth quips on the night?

have to disagree (unless it was sarcasm)

Collinsworth HAS been paying attention unlike so many others in the booth

He was kissing Josh’s behind endlessly and said the 1st INT shouldn’t be on Josh

At one time he said he was a field general like Brady

something about effecting the defense 

• Like (+1) 1

Seemed like even tho we were the favorites the media was still picking Rams to win this game. Like 8 out of 10 people picked Rams on NBC preshow and I think everyone selected Rams on the Pat McAfee show (given they were picking against spread).

Just weird that all offseason they picked us as favorites to win superbowl but then they dont pick them in their first game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

This needs to stop, If we open up the draft day thread so many on here were absolutely horrified when we took Allen over Rosen. I would say 75% or more hated the pick and stated the exact same thing Collinsworth has said. He woke people up and made them into believers there is nothing wrong with making a mistake. So if we can forgive 75% + of the board we can forgive Collinsworth.

75%  'absolutely horrified' thats a huge exaggeration.  I was hoping they would take Rosen but it didnt take long to see that Allen was the right choice.

But that was FOUR years ago dude.  I agree with the general sentiment of this thread, Collinsworth acts like Josh is just turning the corner into eliteness and its been years now. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

This needs to stop, If we open up the draft day thread so many on here were absolutely horrified when we took Allen over Rosen. I would say 75% or more hated the pick and stated the exact same thing Collinsworth has said. He woke people up and made them into believers there is nothing wrong with making a mistake. So if we can forgive 75% + of the board we can forgive Collinsworth.

You're not my real dad. You can't tell me what to do

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm going to say it once more.

Chris gushes over any player or team who are playing great.  He's a cheerleader for the elite.

Josh will have him praising everything he does.

98% of the time CC just states the obvious and leans into common narratives. I can’t believe he didn’t tell us how great Tom Brady is 52 times yesterday. It’s a shame. He started out terrible, worked at his craft and got really good for awhile before becoming what we see today. In my house if you say something stupid and annoying, there’s a good chance someone will respond with “Shut up, Chris!” 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

Did you watch the post game NFL Network roast of Maurice Jones-Drew?

I caught parts of it. MJD was playing to the audience, like a pro-wrestling heel. Yet to hear Steve Smith say that Allen has perfected the mental part of the game took me back. Wasn't it just a few days ago that he was hating on Allen?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I totally disagree with this. I don't think any other color guy has a better eye for why a play has or hasn't worked and is able to break it down 2 seconds after it happened than Collinsworth. 

Some of the fluff stuff is annoying. But as an actual game analyst he remains just about the best. 

I do know this is not the consensus view. But that is honestly my take.

He should stop thinking every two seconds then.  Because when he thinks longer he rates Duck Dodgers higher than Josh Allen.  Actually he hires people that do that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.