Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

15 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Elam has done very well I think.

Now imagine White, Elam and Benford all healthy at one time on the field...

I think Jackson is the number 2 opposite Tre when he comes back.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think Jackson is the number 2 opposite Tre when he comes back.

Yeah, I was going to mention him.  Having Tre, Dane and Kair, and don't forget about Taron, and you have a strong secondary.  It will allow Benford more time to heal.

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah, I was going to mention him.  Having Tre, Dane and Kair, and don't forget about Taron, and you have a strong secondary.  It will allow Benford more time to heal.

Taron is a defacto starter since the Bills are in nickel the vast majority of the time as their base defense, and he is one of the best nickel corners in the NFL...

Noticed him on Andrews a bunch yesterday...he had a pretty quiet day 2 for 15 yards...after Hill was limited to 2 for 33.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Elam has done very well I think.

Now imagine White, Elam and Benford all healthy at one time on the field...

Is Benford a Safety in your scenario?

He looks too good to keep off the field, and - as good as he looks - I think he's 4th in the outside CB pecking order once everyone is healthy.  

Not sure if there's precedent to convert a guy mid-season, but might make sense to start having him practice at Safety over the bye week to see if he can unseat Hamlin/Johnson as the guy opposite Poyer. 

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sure if there's precedent to convert a guy mid-season, but might make sense to start having him practice at Safety over the bye week to see if he can unseat Hamlin/Johnson as the guy opposite Poyer. 

I don't understand this thinking at all.  Hamlin and Johnson have been in the Bills system for years and have filled in admirably when called upon.  I don't see any situation where Benford unseats them, especially this season.  Now, if you want to start converting Benford to serve as a backup to these guys in case of further injury, then I get that.  

• Agree 1

This team is absolutely loaded at the DB spot.

White, Jackson, Benford, Elam and Taron.    That probably is the best 5 CB combo in the league and when you look at the safeties it's the same, Hyde, Poyer, Hamlin and Johnson.

We are stacked with DB's which is why we can have multiple injuries on this front and still perform at a high level.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I don't understand this thinking at all.  Hamlin and Johnson have been in the Bills system for years and have filled in admirably when called upon.  I don't see any situation where Benford unseats them, especially this season.  Now, if you want to start converting Benford to serve as a backup to these guys in case of further injury, then I get that.  

This is what I think the plan has been for Benford since we drafted him. I think he just played so well at CB to start that they had to get him on the field. Long term I think he is viewed as a safety replacement for Hyde/Poyer. And I would imagine that transition starts this season (in practice).

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

White, Jackson, Benford, Elam and Taron.    That probably is the best 5 CB combo in the league and when you look at the safeties it's the same, Hyde, Poyer, Hamlin and Johnson.

We are stacked with DB's which is why we can have multiple injuries on this front and still perform at a high level.

It seems that pretty much everyone the Bills put in at DB performs well.  I believe it starts with them being exceptional at finding players who fit their scheme well which then allows to perform at a high level when they are forced into action, even when they don't have much experience. These players might not be the "best" in terms of overall talent, but they are perfect fits for what the Bills need them to do.

Edited by Big Turk

DBs develop fast under McDermott, Frazier, Butler and Salgado (Safeties Coach)....the injuries suck, but man oh man, the Bills are going to have a plethora of options at CB by the time December and January roll around.

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Hall has 21 total yards more(291 vs 270) and an additional TD(2 vs 1) with 2 more touches(53 vs 51) than Singletary. Through 4 games that's about as close as it gets.

So you are comparing the stats of the first 4 games of a rookie's career on a garbage offense vs those of a 4th year vet mid prime on the highest powered offense in football, he's still ahead, and that proves a point?

Look at their talentc and athletic profile.  Singletary can't hold a candle to Hall. 

DS-2177.png

BH-2913.png

Singletary is one of the least athletic starting RBs in the entire league... Hall is a physical specimen.

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

So you are comparing the stats of the first 4 games of a rookie's career on a garbage offense vs those of a 4th year vet mid prime on the highest powered offense in football, he's still ahead, and that proves a point?

Look at their talentc and athletic profile.  Singletary can't hold a candle to Hall. 

DS-2177.png

BH-2913.png

Singletary is one of the least athletic starting RBs in the entire league... Hall is a physical specimen.

Why not? You're comparing a RB who was selected early in the 2nd round(36th) and the first RB off the board with a RB drafted in the middle of the 3rd round(74th) and the 5th RB drafted that year. RB is not a position you need time to become good when your considered the top RB of your class. Plug and play.

Devin's also at a disadvantage running behind this offensive line. A line no one's been able to run behind over the last 3-4 years not named Josh Allen. Running is an after thought here and is mostly done on obvious running downs. Point is their stats are nearly identical.

FYI....Have you watched any Jets games this year, cause by your description of their offense it doesn't appear you that you have and you're going off old information. Their offense ranks 8th this year, only 5 slots behind us. That's far from being garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

This is what I think the plan has been for Benford since we drafted him. I think he just played so well at CB to start that they had to get him on the field. Long term I think he is viewed as a safety replacement for Hyde/Poyer. And I would imagine that transition starts this season (in practice).

Why would they do that?

3 hours ago, Magox said:

👍🏻 

McD and Frazier are DB masterminds.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.