Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I feel pretty darn good about that measurement already. A running back with 112 rushing yards through 3 games does not = a starting cornerback. I think Hall is a solid player but you never prioritise starting running back over starting corner. Never. He would have to be an elite running back and Elam a kind of Levi Wallace borderline starter for Hall to win that measuring competition. 

You should include Halls pass catching too, he's far more physically gifted than any RB on our roster and if you include his receiving works he's out produced them all too, while playing for the Jets.

Also, if your want to take this route, Elam wasnt a starting CB until Dane Jackson and Benford got hurt.  

And i competely disagree that you need to be an elite RB vs a mediocre CB to be valued more, that's crazy. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve never seen anyone measure him against Breece hall - what does that mean 

That was both a fan and media favorite pick for the Bills, top RB in the class.  Essentially the most popular guy they passed up that fit their offense, at a need, and was considered a BPA.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

You should include Halls pass catching too, he's far more physically gifted than any RB on our roster and if you include his receiving works he's out produced them all too, while playing for the Jets.

Also, if your want to take this route, Elam wasnt a starting CB until Dane Jackson and Benford got hurt.  

And i competely disagree that you need to be an elite RB vs a mediocre CB to be valued more, that's crazy. 

That was both a fan and media favorite pick for the Bills, top RB in the class.  Essentially the most popular guy they passed up that fit their offense, at a need, and was considered a BPA.

I agree Hall is better than all their backs. 

But I stand by if Elam turns out to be a good NFL starting corner then I'd take that even if Hall becomes elite. Running back is the last valuable position on the field. If Elam is just mediocre guy who can hold down a starting job but you are always trying to upgrade then fine, take the elite back. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s a rookie who just went against the fastest two receivers in the nfl. Next to quarterback, cornerback is the hardest position in the nfl to play.  Grab 2 friends, play cb, have them run a pass route, and you can’t touch them after 5 yards. Now imagine if one of them runs a 4.3.

I think Hill's 40 time actually starts with a 4.2.

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

White will be back soon. He is already eligible to come off PuP now.  Rhodes shouldnt really matter unless we get more injuries.

Yeah, that’s what the /s was there for.  We sign the guy and he immediately goes on PS IR for 4 weeks😅  Kinda defeats the purpose he was brought in for.

Edited by HurlyBurly51
Update
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Yeah, that’s what the /s was there for.  We sign the guy and he immediately goes on PS IR for 4 weeks😅  Kinda defeats the purpose he was brought in for.

Yeah that was kinda a bummer for sure.  Thank god we got Dane back this week.

It would appear Elam has done his homework…, 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.