Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Did you know that Einstein was often mocked early on because people found his thoughts and theories to be inane?

It turned out that his theories were correct, of course, but the lesser intellectually gifted couldn’t interpret it until much time had passed.

I know and you are no Einstein.  

Your just inane.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

With how good Benford looks, and with Elam’s contributions coming partially on special teams tonight, it leads the mind to wonder what other 1st round pick we could have acquired rather than a DB that is a depth player in a backfield that is missing it’s starter.

Not concerned at all.  What is it with everyone expecting instant success for every rookie we draft?

It can take two to three years fir a player to handle the conversion to tgr NFL.

Patience my boy.  Patience.

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

If it takes a first round DB 2-3 years to play well, that is a problem...

No, it is reality.  Look at Josh his first year.

Not all players make that adjustment that quickly.

Why are you worrying about Elam?  The Bills just dismantled the reigning super bowl champions while playing a less than perfect game.

Enjoy the moment.

With how good Benford looks, and with Elam’s contributions coming partially on special teams tonight, it leads the mind to wonder what other 1st round pick we could have acquired rather than a DB that is a depth player in a backfield that is missing it’s starter.

I think you're in for a miserable season with how good the Bills will be. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m more concerned about your post life around here. You’re terrible.

• Like (+1) 3

The way I look at it... we are on trajectory to have 4 starting quality corners when tre comes back. Hell of a problem to have.. I can see a world where we go scheme specific and you see elam in man dominant and maybe benford and or Jackson in more hybrid game plans.  Let's face it,  we did FBT have many holes to fill and I believe we can say,  corner is not a weak spot for the foreseeable future

Or we can be excited that we got two starting caliber corners to add to a unit without much depth last season. Who cares which one of those two guys is better 1 game into their career 

17 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

If it takes a first round DB 2-3 years to play well, that is a problem...

This kind of thinking makes no sense!  What problem??   ALL that matters is that the coaching staff puts

out the best players to win games.  No way the Bills and staff are sitting telling each other that Elam not being ready is a problem. Just corny fans

needing drama to bring up..  Best player starts, thats all there is too it, not draft position.

In another thread someone mentioned  Knox signing his extension and how he only had 1 catch for 5 yds vs the rams. I mean come on people!!! Knox has to have stats that satisfy you and his extension??  Get a life.

The only STAT that should matter is the WIN. 

• Like (+1) 1

Elam is more than fine. I think McDermott found the next Josh Norman. That mid-late round diamond CB that starts immediately. Benford is the real deal. Let’s stop trying to find a reason to bash Elam. He hasn’t been bad, Benford has just been better. He’s a bigger more athletic version of Levi Wallace already.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I didn’t like the pick when they drafted him. I thought he was overrated coming out. You can check my history if you don’t believe it. 

He got burnt way too much his senior year of college, was incredibly grabby, and not a great tackler. I hope the guy is successful, I really do but have a 6th round FCS corner starting over you isn’t a great sign 

• Eyeroll 3

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

he’s a rookie. Week 1. You make me sick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not concerned but I think it speaks more to how well Bedford is playing as a rookie than it does it says about Elam not being good.  It’s going to take some time for him to learn the defense 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.