Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

With how good Benford looks, and with Elam’s contributions coming partially on special teams tonight, it leads the mind to wonder what other 1st round pick we could have acquired rather than a DB that is a depth player in a backfield that is missing it’s starter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 18
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 8

It will take time for Elam to adjust to NFL Zone Coverages and rules on man coverage which they do not have in college.

Of course we COULD run around like a chicken with head cut off.

[ Why is never ostriches which run around with head cut off?  They you could have choice of burying it or cutting it off and running with head cut off. ]

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

With how good Benford looks, and with Elam’s contributions coming partially on special teams tonight, it leads the mind to wonder what other 1st round pick we could have acquired rather than a DB that is a depth player in a backfield that is missing it’s starter.

In what world would the Bills have gone into the draft planning on a 6th rounder from Villanova to start at CB?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I’m ecstatic that he wasn’t good enough to start.  Do you realize how deep this makes our bench once Tre comes back?  This was our toughest receiver test outside of maybe the Dolphins and they were fantastic.  

I credit how well the other guys are playing moreso than knocking Elam

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 4

Just now, Virgil said:

I’m ecstatic that he wasn’t good enough to start.  Do you realize how deep this makes our bench once Tre comes back?  This was our toughest receiver test outside of maybe the Dolphins and they were fantastic.  

I credit how well the other guys are playing moreso than knocking Elam

Same. I am thrilled that we seem to have hit on Benford. He was my favorite pick when we drafted him.

in an ideal world, Elam slides into corner and Benford could even become the next great all-pro safety for this team. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Nope just wondering how you got the name Einstein?

It must have been given sarcastically based upon your posts.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Mcdermott can mold UDFA Levi followed by dane Jackson and into starting level corners are we really worried he can’t coach Elam up? I’d be worried if stafford came out and threw for 350 and scorched the kids.. But nothing tonight on defense should be cause for concern considering who was on the field 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I figured Kupp was going to get his share. He did but outside of arguably the best WR in football they held up well. If they can hold down Hill and Waddle in a couple weeks it is going to look like the Bills will have a chance at a 15/16 win season once Tre gets back. The team is really that talented on both sides

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.