2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yeah go spend 3+ hours running for your life in the sun on a field that's 112 degrees and lets see how routine those plays really are then. The kid played his heart out.

Both can be true. There is no question about Josh’s effort or heart. However , he failed to execute a simple play and his reaction showed that he knew it. He would tell anyone if asked that he should have made the throw. 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Interesting how you guys all start out with "I love Josh"......BUT......  before crapping all over the guy.

Allen was exhausted at that point which alone would explain the misfire.  On top of that I suspect that something was wrong with his throwing hand.  Didn't they show trainers massaging Allen's hand after that series and didn't they take him for x-rays immediately after the game?

There are a small number of Bills fans who hated the Allen draft pick and who then spent two years tripling down on how much Allen sucked.  They ignored the clear signs of improvement until in his 3rd year he ascended into MVP territory and they had to swallow their bile.  But man they come out of the woodwork every time Allen misfires.  Remember after the NE game last season where Allen missed a game winning pass late?  They all cried that he "choked" while ignoring the impact of gale force winds.

At least these people should have the decency to wait until Allen actually plays a crappy game like at Jacksonville.  It would still be the wrong take but at least would be in the realm of reality.  Criticizing Allen's performance against the Dolphins, given the circumstances, is pure insanity.

Spare me this ^.   I never crapped on him and I understand the heroic effort he put forth once again. Nothing I said ever had anything to do with the Josh draft pick.  

The whole subject was does this game impact his MVP status?   My take is one play  in week 3 of the season is not going to do that.  

However, my point was the Football media shows that play, the one hopper to McKenzie, over and over.  I watch them literally show it 10 times in a row on NHL Network before the Monday Night game.  I had lunch with a work colleague yesterday and said the "only play he saw was the bounce pass on an NFL  highlight program".  I just got out of a meeting and heard the same thing about him missing that pass. 

I am not criticizing his performance on Sunday, I am pointing out the media spin and how the rest of the country gets programmed by it.  

I still think we have a shot of winning every time he plays and that he could be an MVP someday.  

Edited by Bob in STL

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Popcorn GIF by WWE

what is this argument even about???

I am supposed to believe some random guy on the internet over 

Professionals. 

I was just posting that getting these “awards” doesn’t mean they can or will win it all.  

Lamar is another 🔥 prospect for having the the most TD’s through 3 weeks. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/lamar-jacksons-bet-on-himself-is-mvp-caliber-so-far-182549855.html

Lamar Jackson's bet on himself is MVP-caliber so far

Jackson isn’t just the face of this franchise, he is the reason why the Baltimore Ravens have been able to be one of the most explosive offenses through the first three weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I am supposed to believe some random guy on the internet over 

Professionals. 

No, you're supposed to do your own work rather than believing what other people say.

Cross reference and confirm things that other people tell you.

Here are links to 3 websites that are not "random guy(s)" on the Internet you should have looked at after hearing whatever you heard from "Professionals" before making a fool of yourself here.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/ap-nfl-mvp-award.htm

http://www.espn.com/nfl/superbowl/history/winners

http://www.espn.com/nfl/superbowl/history/mvps

Maybe you should stop doubling and tripling down.  It's a bad look.

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen was exhausted at that point which alone would explain the misfire.  On top of that I suspect that something was wrong with his throwing hand.  Didn't they show trainers massaging Allen's hand after that series and didn't they take him for x-rays immediately after the game?

He hesitated for half a second in the middle of his mechanics and then kept going without resetting his feet. Like he double clutched the pass. I don't think exhaustion explains the poor mechanics, but the heat combined with his distrust in the pass protection may have affected his concentration in the moment. We've seen him reset his mechanics before. In that moment he didn't.

22 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

then you need to tell the entire cast of GMFB AND  Kurt Warner and a few others that made the statement on NATIONAL TV 

google SB curse 

Who has time for believing in curses when we have a QB that defeated the entirety of math itself, on a team that outsmarted basically all regular humans.

Curse smursh.....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He hesitated for half a second in the middle of his mechanics and then kept going without resetting his feet. Like he double clutched the pass. I don't think exhaustion explains the poor mechanics, but the heat combined with his distrust in the pass protection may have affected his concentration in the moment. We've seen him reset his mechanics before. In that moment he didn't.

If you don't think exhaustion explains poor mechanics you've never played sports in your life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

From Jim Kubiac:

‘If you measure Josh Allen’s performance through the prism of Vince Lombardi’s famous quote, “The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have,” then you have just witnessed one of the greatest quarterback performances of the ages. Consider: Allen completed 42 of 63 attempts; threw for 400 yards; ran 90 plays in massive heat conditions; threw two touchdowns; and willed the Bills into scoring opportunities without starting center Mitch Morse and replacement Greg Van Roten. He did all that without a healthy Gabe Davis, with a limited Dawson Knox and Stefon Diggs, and without Jake Kumerow, who injured his leg early in the first half. Greg Mancz finished the game as the emergency center, while all eight offensive linemen who dressed played critical minutes in game filled with personnel chaos.’

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.