2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Buffalo has 4 games left.

Miami

Patriots 

Bears

Bengals 

2 of those teams Allen played already. In those 2 games, Allen completed almost 69% of his passes, averaged 345 YPG, and had 4 TDs and 1 TO.

Plus... we play the Bears.

Not over

We lost 1 of those too.  Got to come up big

32 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I havenot saw him in any conversations even with the top 3 in the AFC.  At some point this thread is just poisonous and dream land.

Get tired of the AFCE player of the year.  I want to see them win a super bowl.  Sorry for being honest, but I believe most Bills fans feel this way.

If he keeps the #1 seed in the AFC and finishes strong he’ll be right there. Hurts will still probably get it because voters love the TD/turnover efficiency story over volume stats and Hurts will have that.

Hurts could also have a few sloppy games with a couple turnovers which would make it closer, you just never know. Patty Mahomes threw 3 picks today, nobody would have predicted that.

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

Hurts will win MVP because of his cupcake schedule and system which doesn’t ask too much of him. Eagles will get bounced in the Divisional though.

Agreed Hurts will get MVP. But that team is going to the Super Bowl. Especially in the NFC. Maybe the 9ers have a shot, but that will be tough with Purdy.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

If he keeps the #1 seed in the AFC and finishes strong he’ll be right there. Hurts will still probably get it because voters love the TD/turnover efficiency story over volume stats and Hurts will have that.

Hurts could also have a few sloppy games with a couple turnovers which would make it closer, you just never know. Patty Mahomes threw 3 picks today, nobody would have predicted that.

Nope the prediction i saw was before patty homes, but was top 3 spots elsewhere.  I dont care at this point, dont want to see it no more.  Let's go on the SB run.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed Hurts will get MVP. But that team is going to the Super Bowl. Especially in the NFC. Maybe the 9ers have a shot, but that will be tough with Purdy.

Honestly I'm more worried about the NfC more than ever.  If you watch their games they are fantastic.  Let's get through the AFC 1st

NFL MVP voters tend to go for the most prominent player on the team with best record. As far as who has been the most valuable player so far this season I think it's either Allen or Mahomes, who have both carried their teams, but the mindless voters would probably go for Hurts at this point in the season. From what I've seen of Philly, their offensive line is the team MVP. 

My my...Mahomes tossing 3 INTs today now tied with Allen with 11 for the year. Where is the outrage for that from the NFL pundits?

3 hours ago, dhgold said:

NFL MVP voters tend to go for the most prominent player on the team with best record. As far as who has been the most valuable player so far this season I think it's either Allen or Mahomes, who have both carried their teams, but the mindless voters would probably go for Hurts at this point in the season. From what I've seen of Philly, their offensive line is the team MVP. 

Their joke of a schedule is the real MVP

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hurts is running away with it but even from a stat nerd perspective Josh is a tier 1 anomaly. Very good chance of clearing 4500-30 again through the air which is pretty bonkers unreal territory as a Bills fan but I guess we're getting used to it because it will be his 3rd year in a row. 

Where it really gets fun is when you incorporate his rushing stats which some still seem to overlook or even belittle for whatever reason. He's on pace for 800+/7 td on the ground which just makes him a mutant. And again he's done this before. He's got to be knocking on the door of all kinds of QB rushing records right now.

Edited by Nelius

4 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I havenot saw him in any conversations even with the top 3 in the AFC.  At some point this thread is just poisonous and dream land.

Get tired of the AFCE player of the year.  I want to see them win a super bowl.  Sorry for being honest, but I believe most Bills fans feel this way.

Who doesn't want to see the Bills win the Super Bowl? There are a few not-so-smart folks who think Super Bowl MVP (or Super Bowl winner, for that matter) & NFL MVP are mutually exclusive accolades.

Don't listen to these not-so-smart folks. They're misinformed.

And.... duuuuuhhhhh!!!! Obviously we would all take the Super Bowl over anything else! But there's nothing wrong with being happy about or rooting for both.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-mvp-odds/

Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow are the top 3 favorites for MVP currently as per oddsmakers .   Allen is way out of the picture 

Joe Burrow vs. Allen will simply come down to the MNF match up. Both have good stats. Allen leads him in total yards by about 300, and they are tied in total TD's. 

As of this morning, per Bovada, Hurts is the leader at -110 then Mahomes +140, and Burrow +700. That MNF game will go a long way for either Burrow or Allen. But at this point it is likely too little too late for either to catch Hurts.

15 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Allen is 4 TDs from tying Dan Marino for most touchdowns by a qb through the first five seasons. 
MVP is also a product of the talent around the player. The Bills have 1 receiver  those other guys have much more then that. 

Which is all true, however the MVP voters don't see that when they go to the QB stats page on their favorite website.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.