2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Well Allens' stats in the Chiefs game will put him in really good MVP position, especially no INT's and Mahomes with two.

Plus H2H victories against both Jackson and Mahomes helps as well. Hurts moves up if he can pull off victory and put up stats against good Cowboys D tonight.

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Well Allens' stats in the Chiefs game will put him in really good MVP position, especially no INT's and Mahomes with two.

Stats don't matter at this point. He out-played his only real competition in a head to head victory. The MVP race is over.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Plus H2H victories against both Jackson and Mahomes helps as well. Hurts moves up if he can pull off victory and put up stats against good Cowboys D tonight.

Lamar isn't even in the conversation right now. Neither is hurts despite what the talking heads say. 

It was a two man race and after that game Allen is light-years ahead. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Why are you so obsessed with INT's?

Don't care if a QB throws 18 INTs if he also throws 50 TD's and 5000 yards. 

MVP is 75% team record. Bills getting the W is the single biggest thing going in Allen's favor. Down the stretch it could turn into a Allen vs. Hurts contest if the Eagles keep winning.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Well, for MVP, stats def matter. Still a lot of games left. But yes, primetime games like this do add to mistique.

Stats are less important than team record. A lot of QB's will have great stats. Only two can have the #1 seed.

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Lamar isn't even in the conversation right now. Neither is hurts despite what the talking heads say. 

It was a two man race and after that game Allen is light-years ahead. 

Hurts is very much in it. MVP has always been 75% team record. 

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It seems Mahomes can still be MVP if the Bills stumble in a major way.  Hard to see Jackson or Rodgers getting back in the discussion. Allen should be considered the heavy favorite after today. 

I don't see a mid-season falter like we had last year. I think the Miami game was the closest thing we will have to the Jags game last year. But i don't really see many more of those games. I do have a feeling the offense might have a tough game against the Jets of all teams. But hopefully not a Miami/Jags type of game.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Stats are less important than team record. A lot of QB's will have great stats. Only two can have the #1 seed.

Hurts is very much in it. MVP has always been 75% team record. 

I don't see a mid-season falter like we had last year. I think the Miami game was the closest thing we will have to the Jags game last year. But i don't really see many more of those games. I do have a feeling the offense might have a tough game against the Jets of all teams. But hopefully not a Miami/Jags type of game.

A QB that has 4 passing TDs in 5 games is not in the MVP race. Period. Especially not when Allen and Mahomes exist. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Allen all alone in front 19 TDs, 374 YPG & 66.9% Comp % (Chiefs talk 20+)
18 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It seems Mahomes can still be MVP if the Bills stumble in a major way.  Hard to see Jackson or Rodgers getting back in the discussion. Allen should be considered the heavy favorite after today. 

I'd agree with that. Allen led his team down the field for a TD when it mattered. Mahomes threw a pick when it mattered. Allen is leading the MVP race by quite a bit now.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Why are you so obsessed with INT's?

Don't care if a QB throws 18 INTs if he also throws 50 TD's and 5000 yards. 

MVP is 75% team record. Bills getting the W is the single biggest thing going in Allen's favor. Down the stretch it could turn into a Allen vs. Hurts contest if the Eagles keep winning.

Watching Hurts first possession looked like JV level quarterback play after taking in the Bills vs Chiefs game.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Process said:

A QB that has 4 passing TDs in 5 games is not in the MVP race. Period. Especially not when Allen and Mahomes exist. 

I'd like to agree but I can't disregard his 6 rushing TD's. He's on pace for 20 rushing TD's on the season. That is something to note. And if he can somehow go 16-1 (they got an easy schedule) while the Bills go 15-2 he has a chance but I would still have Allen as the favorite as Vegas see's it. That said I expect the Eagles to split both games against the Giants and Eagles so I see them with at least two losses minimum.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think if there is one thing chiefs and bills fans can agree with..

Josh and Mahomes are by far the best QBs in the league.

Agreed.

It's funny how they are both connected through draft trades as well. And as great as Mahomes is, Allen was literally made to lead Buffalo.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.