2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

17 minutes ago, Process said:

I've said it before. Our defense is the only thing that could possibly stop Allen from winning the MVP this year. 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

If Allen keeps this up he's going to end up working himself out of the MVP race by getting pulled out of the game ever 3rd game in the 4th qtr.  I'm sure @Einstein has something to back this up.

I mean even getting pulled in the 4th twice Josh is still killing it stats wise.

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Allen on FIYAH w/ 16 TDs, 376 YPG & 66.8% Comp % (Steelers talk 16+)

Allen needs 21 TDs this year to set an NFL record for most TDs by a player in his first 5 seasons breaking Dan Marino's record of 171.

Currently 4th with 151

Mahomes has 159 and Newton 160.

Marino set the record in a nearly unfathomable 71 games...Allen has 5 games left to tie that...

Allen is on pace to finish with 38 more TDs so he has a little leeway in there.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Let’s see. 

2 games where Josh is on the sidelines in the 4th QTR (with the entire QTR to play) because they are destroying a Team to me is a hell of a check mark on that MVP Ballot. 

By the end of the year will he have missed 4+ QTR’s? At this rate, it shouldn’t be unexpected. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Allen needs 21 TDs this year to set an NFL record for most TDs by a player in his first 5 seasons breaking Dan Marino's record of 171.

Currently 4th with 151

Mahomes has 159 and Newton 160.

Marino set the record in a nearly unfathomable 71 games...Allen has 5 games left to tie that...

Allen is on pace to finish with 27 more TDs so he has a little leeway in there.

Josh has accounted for 16 TDs through 5 games averaging 3.2 a game. With 12 games left it puts him on pace to finish with 38.4 more TDs.

18 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Josh has accounted for 16 TDs through 5 games averaging 3.2 a game. With 12 games left it puts him on pace to finish with 38.4 more TDs.

Must have been loopy from the win...thanks on the math check...corrected the OP

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen pulled away from the pack today. It’s his to lose after 5 games.

I agree and I don't think it's even close currently. He's averaging 330 yards passing and 2.8 passing tds per game. He averaging a staggering 375 total yards per game and 3.2 total tds.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Let’s see. 

2 games where Josh is on the sidelines in the 4th QTR (with the entire QTR to play) because they are destroying a Team to me is a hell of a check mark on that MVP Ballot. 

It helped Lamar in 2019. He had some games where he was on the bench in the 4th. 

9 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Really missed some opportunities to inflate stats here. Defense needs to stop being so dominant. He’s averaging like 5 minutes per game sitting at the end.

Actually the defense was on the field for too long yesterday (almost 40 minutes)...they will be exhausted with the steelers going up and down and not getting any points.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.