2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

(Ongoing weekly thread. Go to pg 54+ EOY & week 18 talk)

Dominant game despite 2 interceptions, 1 of which wasn't his fault. Entire 1st half I was honestly wondering why Buffalo wouldn't take any shots downfield. Then we took 2 in the 2nd half and connected on both.

Can't complain about that.

So in the end... on a national stage against the defending Super Bowl Champs (and Aaron Donald and Mr "I'm not here to blow smoke" who GOT smoked):

83.9% completion %

9.6 YPA

353 yards of offense 

4 TDs

2 TOs

Not too bad...

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

He throws too many picks to get league MVP. He would need a 50 TD 5000 yard season to get it.

You talking the 1 pick that was his fault? He had 4 TDs and 2 turnovers along with 350+ yards of offense, over 80% completion % and nearly 10 YPA....

and today looked like a day where the ball wasn't exactly bouncing our way.

Is this really the narrative you're sticking with again?

I would almost call this a "shake-the-rust-off" game and he wound up having a spectacular 2nd half after doing that

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Just saying, he ends up with many more INT's than say, Rodgers. Allen would need to blow away the competition in other stat categories.

Mahomes, Brady, Herbert, Rodgers and Burrow are the 5 guys (in that order) behind Josh in the MVP odds. 

Rodgers (4) is literally like the only guy… Hebert (15), Burrow (14), Mahomes (13) and Brady (12). 

Josh had 15 last year… you’re trying to tell me 1-3 interceptions will be the difference? 

Knock it off. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

And who won the MVP? That award is an individuals stats competition. Can't win it with double digit INT's when Rodgers has 4...

Got it. Absolutely nobody else has a chance because Rodgers will throw less interceptions. Is that your logic? 

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

And who won the MVP? That award is an individuals stats competition. Can't win it with double digit INT's when Rodgers has 4...

You’re phrasing it like a Josh problem… it’s just the fact Rodgers is elite at protecting the football. Josh doesn’t throw any more interceptions than the rest of the field. 

Rodgers just throws less. 

Edited by JGMcD2

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You talking the 1 pick that was his fault? He had 4 TDs and 2 turnovers along with 350+ yards of offense, over 80% completion % and nearly 10 YPA....

and today looked like a day where the ball wasn't exactly bouncing our way.

Is this really the narrative you're sticking with again?

I would almost call this a "shake-the-rust-off" game and he wound up having a spectacular 2nd half after doing that

You just threw @Gene1973 through the earth's core:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

I honestly don't think Allen will throw a ton of picks this year. His 1 int that was his fault was the wr option route like Warner was saying. He had 1 drive during preseason, Crowder is new, I think he and the new wrs starts to gel and we see why JA is number 1 player in the league. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

One thing going against Allen in the MVP race is our defense. I have a feeling a lot of our games will be over by the start of the 4Q, or earlier. 

Allen should be forced to not throw a pass till the 2nd half to make things interesting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

There are so many stats that start with "Josh Allen of the @BuffaloBills is the first QB in NFL history to have..." Even unicorns are starting to look at Josh Allen wondering what type of creature he is. One of one. #BillsMafia #GoBills

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Somebody tell SlimShady'sSpaceForce to add this to the record set thread..... 😜

Josh had his 7th 3 TD passing and 1 TD rushing game of his career which sounds somewhat impressive until you realize that puts him 3rd place all time behind Brady with 8 and Brees with 9 … crazy

• Awesome! (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.