2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Dude drags Quinton Morris and Reggie Gilliam up and down the field for 400yards behind a preseason oline and this dumbass fanbase thinks he played bad lmfao

Nope, not played bad, he did well but didn't drag us over the line when he had the opportunity to. 400+ yards and only 17 offensive points?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Step back?

How so?

We lost. That sucks. That's despite a Herculean effort by Josh.

Got hit that 4th and goal pass

Just now, GoBills808 said:

If you need him to be better than he was today, you don't know ball sorry

We don't, the Bills did.  They needed their all world quarterback to hit a 5 yard out.  Enough with this you don't know ball bull####. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

Big time MVP performance today. Legendary even against adversity. 

The chips just didn't fall for a W. Those complaining about "not winning close games" or "good teams win these" don't realize tbe Dolphins would have blown out almost every team in the league today if they had the same level of adversity. 

I wish Allen hit McKenzie late, but wow what a performance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the bills go on to win the conference, which I fully expect they will, this game won't hurt Josh at. He put up huge numbers, and will only help his yard averages when it comes to MVP votes at the end of the year.

That is of course first determined by them winning the conference. The missed McKenzie will have zero impact as long as they beat them in Buffalo.

• Agree 2

At one point in the 4th we were near or in the redzone and Diggs is on the sideline cramping up, McKenzie and Knox were in the tunnel going to get IVs, the #3 center was in with backups at RG & RT and what I'm guessing was a still hobbled Gabe Davis and Jake Kumerow was out injured. Josh literally had no one left to play with. Diggs missing most of the 4th quarter was huge. 

Josh accounted for 447 of our 497 total yards. Everything today was thrown on his shoulders while playing with a bunch of backups. He's the best player in football and I don't really think it's that close.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

At one point in the 4th we were near or in the redzone and Diggs is on the sideline cramping up, McKenzie and Knox were in the tunnel going to get IVs, the #3 center was in with backups at RG & RT and what I'm guessing was a still hobbled Gabe Davis and Jake Kumerow was out injured. Josh literally had no one left to play with. Diggs missing most of the 4th quarter was huge. 

Josh accounted for 447 of our 497 total yards. Everything today was thrown on his shoulders while playing with a bunch of backups. He's the best player in football and I don't really think it's that close.

If you read the Fins forums, a lot of people are blown away by Allen's fight. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ToGoGo said:

If you read the Fins forums, a lot of people are blown away by Allen's fight. 

I'm always blown away by his fight. Today I was blown away by our whole team's fight. With all our injuries, playing at their place, In that heat we should've got our *** kicked. Instead we had a few chances to win at the end, but came up short. I'm way more encouraged about today's game than discouraged.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Big time MVP performance today. Legendary even against adversity. 

The chips just didn't fall for a W. Those complaining about "not winning close games" or "good teams win these" don't realize tbe Dolphins would have blown out almost every team in the league today if they had the same level of adversity. 

I wish Allen hit McKenzie late, but wow what a performance. 

The bumbling play before the half and the woeful wounded duck on 4th down to McKenzie were really, really bad plays.

He battled.......it was a day...........but the standard for an MVP performance is much higher than that..........too many mistakes mixed in with the good plays.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I'm always blown away by his fight. Today I was blown away by our whole team's fight. With all our injuries, playing at their place, In that heat we should've got our *** kicked. Instead we had a few chances to win at the end, but came up short. I'm way more encouraged about today's game than discouraged.

Agree.

I think any other team goes in there today and loses by two scores minimum.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The bumbling play before the half and the woeful wounded duck on 4th down to McKenzie were really, really bad plays.

He battled.......it was a day...........but the standard for an MVP performance is much higher than that..........too many mistakes mixed in with the good plays.

So who is the MVP front runner right now? I'd say if not Allen it's Lamar Jackson, but he had his share of blunders last week allowing the Dolphins to get back into the game. The standard isn't "perfect." The standard is more valuable than any other player in the league. By that standard right now it is Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson and then everyone else.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Agree.

I think any other team goes in there today and loses by two scores minimum.

Definitely. We went into the game down:

- Both Safeties

- Both outside DBs

- Both starting DTs

- Center

Then in the game we lose:

- #2 Center

- #3 DB and have to replace him the #5 DB

- Starting RG

- Starting RT

Throw in Diggs missing most of the 4th with heat issues, Knox and McKenzie missing a stretch to go get IVs(At the same time and during the same stretch Diggs was having issues), Kumerow getting injured and Davis didn't seem anywhere near 100%. Miami won, barely, but they should've blown us out.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It is?  Higher then 400 yards passing, 47 yards rushing, 2 TD passes and a QB rating of 95? You might want to talk to all those folks who voted for Rogers as MVP in 2020 & 2021. 

In 2020 Rogers had a loss where he was 16 - 35 for 160 yards no TD's and 2 INT's including a pick six for a QB rating of 35.4

In 2021 Rogers had a loss where he was 15 - 28 for 133 yards, no TD's, 2 INT's and a QB rating of 36.8.

If Allen keeps playing like he has been he can survive misfiring on a potentially game winning pass against Miami.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.