2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

9 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Still can’t believe we traded that pick away when we needed a QB

He wouldn’t be the same on the Bills, or really any team that didn’t have Reid. They mesh so well.

Allen finished third in voting btw, which is still a pretty great season for all you haters out there.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

He wouldn’t be the same on the Bills, or really any team that didn’t have Reid. They mesh so well.

Exactly Pat would be good anywhere but he wouldn’t be NFL MVP good if he didn’t have the best offensive mind in football the last 20 years as his head coach from the moment his career started.  

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s more than just Reid. He has had an all time great TE, the fastest receiver in Hill, a good defensive coordinator and a great GM that continues to hit on talent despite drafting low each year. Mahomes has needed all of that to become the success he is. 

• Like (+1) 2

Mahomes was obviously going to win it.

The thing that might wind up breaking our hearts 15 years from now is the "What if" scenarios.

What if Buffalo just drafted Mahomes?

What if it was Buffalo that got Andy Reid as the Head Coach?

What if Josh Allen didn't get the UCL injury vs the Jets?

What if Von Miller didn't get injured?

Etc.

I still firmly believe in Allen as one of the best QBs in the NFL and the best in terms of sheer physical talent. Problem is, as good as our Head Coach and GM are (and I believe they're very good), they may pale in comparison to what Kansas City has.

It's early in their careers, realistically, but I really thought this would be Brady vs. Manning... and I thought eventually Allen would be Brady.

I still think he can be that. But at the moment with the pieces around him he might end up being more Roethlisberger.

And no, for the idiot who started the thread saying Allen equals Rivers... I just don’t see that happening with a healthy Josh Allen for another 10 plus years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The thing that might wind up breaking our hearts 15 years from now is the "What if" scenarios.

Etc.

I still firmly believe in Allen as one of the best QBs in the NFL and the best in terms of sheer physical talent. Problem is, as good as our Head Coach and GM are (and I believe they're very good), they may pale in comparison to what Kansas City has.

It's early in their careers, realistically, but I really thought this would be Brady vs. Manning... and I thought eventually Allen would be Brady.

I still think he can be that. But at the moment with the pieces around him he might end up being more Roethlisberger.

And no, for the idiot who started the thread saying Allen equals Rivers... I just don’t see that happening with a healthy Josh Allen for another 10 plus years.

I'll start and end with this, he would have been in the same shoes that Allen is in right now.  Trying to do everything on his own with a mediocre offense.  Outside of Diggs, the Bills have very little. 

Imagine Mahomes with Zay Jones, K. Benjamin and a player that probably is bagging groceries somewhere.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It’s almost like Allen’s full potential of unmatched physical and arm talent needs a top OC mind to be next level.  Which is unquestionable best in the league.  

Not continuously rebooting OCs.  

In 3 years we’ll all be discussing the OC minded coach to replace McD - 3 wasted seasons.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Etc.

I have always thought Ben is the comparitor in that sense. Not that Allen isn't more talented than Ben, he is. But I think the Bills organisation now has much more in common with those Steelers operations than the Colts or the Patriots. And it takes more than a QB to win. The Bills will break through and win a ring or maybe two. I am still confident of that. But they are not a dynasty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

It’s more than just Reid. He has had an all time great TE, the fastest receiver in Hill, a good defensive coordinator and a great GM that continues to hit on talent despite drafting low each year. Mahomes has needed all of that to become the success he is. 

Yup Mahomes' support system runs circles around Josh's.  That's why he's called upon to be Superman and cover up all the warts of this team/org.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s almost like Allen’s full potential of unmatched physical and arm talent needs a top OC mind to be next level.  Which is unquestionable best in the league.  

Not continuously rebooting OCs.  

In 3 years we’ll all be discussing the OC minded coach to replace McD - 3 wasted seasons.  

What are you talking about ?“continuously rebooting OCs.” 

He’s had 2 offensive coordinators and the first left to be a head coach and won COTY this season. The exact same guy this board wanted to run out of town every week for 4 years. 

Shall I post all of your comments on Daboll from 2018 - 2021? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When Andy Reid was in Philly with McNabb I can't recall a single a complimentary post about the guy on these forums. I seem to recall only mocking derision. When he had Smith in KC all I remember is laughter. Now there are posters calling him the best offensive mind in football. Huh. I wonder what changed?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Do people forget what Mahomes did this yr? The best WR in the NFL was traded and replaced with average WRS and he blew everyone away for MVP. Last week against the Bengals he has a high ankle sprain and half his WR core goes out injured and still pulls out the W. Mahomes is the next Brady. Allen isn't in that tier...

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, QCity said:

When Andy Reid was in Philly with McNabb I can't recall a single a complimentary post about the guy on these forums. I seem to recall only mocking derision. When he had Smith in KC all I remember is laughter. Now there are posters calling him the best offensive mind in football. Huh. I wonder what changed?

Andy Reid was universally considered a great coach in Philly, idk where you were at the time. He especially had the reputation of being a “QB Guru”. His only knock was not being able to win the Super Bowl because he made 5 conference championship games and 1 Super Bowl but couldn’t get over the hump. Kind of similar to McDermott now actually.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I do Mahomes is far better than Allen. We likely win a Super Bowl last 2 yrs with Mahomes 

How exactly does Mahomes stop the coaches from the 13 seconds disaster? And if his defense this year allowed 27+ to the Bengals he would have lost the AFCCG. This is a clueless post.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.