2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh isn't winning MVP. It is Hurts or Mahomes. 

It will come down to the final 3 games. If Hurts stumbles a little Allen has a shot if the Bills are the 1 seed and Allen throws 3-4 TDs a game.

All of a sudden Mahomes and Allen are tied in INTs. 

8 minutes ago, NUT said:

Burrow has better numbers than Allen now. Allen isn't a realistic option now, and Vegas agrees. +1000

We’ll see where it goes after the Bills v Bengals.

I get the sense people around the league and media are starting to believe the Bills aren’t as talented offensively as they thought. Allen is carrying this team. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It will come down to the final 3 games. If Hurts stumbles a little Allen has a shot if the Bills are the 1 seed and Allen throws 3-4 TDs a game.

All of a sudden Mahomes and Allen are tied in INTs. 

We’ll see where it goes after the Bills v Bengals.

I get the sense people around the league and media are starting to believe the Bills aren’t as talented offensively as they thought. Allen is carrying this team. 

I don't think there is enough time for the narrative to switch tbh. He'd have to torch the Bengals on national TV to have a shot I think. Nobody is watching Bills - Bears or Bills - Patriots nationally.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All the more reason for him to be the MVP.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea but I don't think it is likely. He'd need to have a monster night. 

I think it will be Jalen Hurts personally. 

I think it’s actually Mahomes MVP to lose right now. And he can lose it if Allen beats Cincy with a good night and also wins 1 seed.

I think Hurts also has a huge opportunity vs Dallas. Same situation.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Allen must be super pumped at the opportunity to play in another inclement weather game this weekend, as any QB would.

Will the media make a huge deal

about the cold and wind in Chicago as they do in Buffalo? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s without question Hurts to lose right now.  If they voted today, Hurts would finish first, Mahomes second, and Allen 3rd (even though I do not believe Mahomes should be 2nd over Allen, it is how it would play out today).

Now if Allen throttles Chicago and then throttles Cincy, he could, and probably would, move into 2nd.  Because he would have beaten Mahomes, then beaten Burrow who also has beaten Mahomes.

But to leap frog Hurts, it will at least take Hurts also losing, maybe to Dallas, and not playing well.

The problem…Dallas isn’t the better team and it’s weakness on defense is defending the run.  

I don’t think Allen can win the MVP without at least hurts having a down game and Eagles loss…and even then, Allen will still need to win out, have gaudy stats, and some big wow moments in order to catch Hurts.

3 minutes ago, AllenDaBomb said:

I don't get the arguments that the MVP is Hurts' to lose...

Passing Yards/Total Yards:

Allen - 3857/4562

Hurts - 3472/4309

Touchdowns/ Total TDs:

Allen - 30/36

Hurts - 22/35

Completion %:

Allen - 63.7 (w/ 85 more passing attempts)

Hurts - 67.3

Okay, Allen has more passing yards, but has a lower YPA (7.6 compared to 8.2) .

Allen may have 1 more total touchdown, but Hurts only had 5 turnovers on the season, 11 Less than Allen. Allen does have an edge in yards/rush attempt (6.5 to 4.8). 

IMO, the only reason Allen could win is if people think the roster difference between the eagles and bills is giant. I think the 11 more turnovers makes it very hard to vote for Allen. 

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s without question Hurts to lose right now.  If they voted today, Hurts would finish first, Mahomes second, and Allen 3rd (even though I do not believe Mahomes should be 2nd over Allen, it is how it would play out today).

Now if Allen throttles Chicago and then throttles Cincy, he could, and probably would, move into 2nd.  Because he would have beaten Mahomes, then beaten Burrow who also has beaten Mahomes.

But to leap frog Hurts, it will at least take Hurts also losing, maybe to Dallas, and not playing well.

The problem…Dallas isn’t the better team and it’s weakness on defense is defending the run.  

I don’t think Allen can win the MVP without at least hurts having a down game and Eagles loss…and even then, Allen will still need to win out, have gaudy stats, and some big wow moments in order to catch Hurts.

Yea. Allen needs a monster day in a stand alone slot v Cincy to seal the #1 seed. And he probably needs a Philly loss and Hurts clunker as you say. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, AllenDaBomb said:

I don't get the arguments that the MVP is Hurts' to lose...

Passing Yards/Total Yards:

Allen - 3857/4562

Hurts - 3472/4309

Touchdowns/ Total TDs:

Allen - 30/36

Hurts - 22/35

Completion %:

Allen - 63.7 (w/ 85 more passing attempts)

Hurts - 67.3

Allen has way more turnovers. He would need to really pull away in yards and TDs, and have Hurts turn it over a few more times to really have a chance.

Even this past weekend Allen had 2 fumbles. The Bills ask him to play hero ball and turnovers happen. It is what it is.

Hurts has hardly had to play from behind all year. If a team gets up big on the Eagles then they will have to get out of their run heavy/play action format, and Hurts will get exposed. They are kind of like the Titans in that way. They have been down by 2 scores like twice all year and it was always really early in the game.

Josh Allen for MVP

• No QB can outrun corners like Josh Allen
  • No QB can run over linebackers like Josh Allen
  • No QB can stiff arm defensive linemen to the ground like Josh Allen
  • No QB can hurdle defenders for first downs like Josh Allen
  • No QB can move the pile like Josh Allen
  • No QB can superman over the pile for a touchdown like Josh Allen
  • No QB can throw a deep ball over the top like Josh Allen
  • No QB can jump out of bounds and drop dimes while in mid air like Josh Allen
  • No QB can toss lasers anywhere on the field at anytime from any body position like Josh Allen

And for those who might say, well my QB can do this better or that better, when you add it all up, no QB checks all of the above boxes like Josh Allen.

Josh Allen is more than elite.

Josh Allen is an alien cyborg sent from the future to punish the souls of his enemies.

Through 14 games Josh Allen has 3857 yard passing (5th), 30 passing touchdowns (2nd), 6 rushing touchdowns (3rd among QBs), 705 rushing yards (4th among QBs), and, for your MVP consideration:

Josh Allen has 4562 total yards and 36 total touchdowns on the AFC's number one team, the Buffalo Bills.

And no player means more to his football team or more to his community than Josh Allen. 

image.png.2eef2bc31c13dcf6cb1d53bd88c6507a.png

Mahomes, as great as his stats are, shouldn't win it over Allen if Allen and the Bills win out. It's not like Allen has pedestrian numbers. Allen's numbers this year are elite even if they are behind Mahome's totals, and not as efficient as Hurts passer rating. Allen's still 2nd or 3rd overall in the QBR efficiency metric.

How does it make sense if at the end of the season Mahomes and the Chiefs have the #2 seed and losses to Allen and Burrow that he would get the MVP nod over Allen and the Bills with the #1 seed and wins over Mahomes and Burrow?

It ALL comes down to the upcoming MNF Bengals game IMO. The national media has not been thinking about that game because they are reactionary and live in the moment. Which is fine. Make no mistake though, Allen and the Bills win that game and he is neck and neck with Mahomes. And Allen doesn't even need a monster 3+ TD no turnover game to do so. He just needs the win. A 2 TD 2 Turn Over game would be fine. If he can do better than that in a winning effort it would just help him all the more.

I can't give the MVP to a player who failed to get the #1 seed because they failed to have their best games when it mattered most against their top two competing teams and QB's. Literally makes no sense. Mahomes would have to be blowing Allen out of the water in terms of TD's and yards. IMO, his lead in those categories is not large enough to warrant winning the MVP having loss the #1 seed due to losses to the Bills and Bengals. Especially when the other guy goes 2-0 against the Chiefs and Bengals.

All that said, I am not predicting a Bills W against the Bengals unfortunately. And in that case, I think Mahomes does deserve it. But at that point, a case could be made for Burrow and of course, Hurts will definitely have a strong case.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.