2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think our early blowouts of teams inflated these stats. They are great, but outliers for the season. Similar to our high defensive rank last year. Our offense blew out so many teams our defense basically only had to play prevent and we’re pretty successful thus inflating their stats. I think we are seeing s similar thing this year with our offense. 

The last month or so, nothing has looked easy for our offense. everything is a struggle. I think we can all admit something isn’t right. Some of it is Josh’s decision making and accuracy, but I believe most of it lies in Dorsey’s lap. He simply cannot run a quality offense and it has showed 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

yeah. I think it is Hurts  to lose. 

mahomes will have to at the very least regain the one seed. Even then that may not even be enough. But no one seed, no chance for him.

Interestingly, heading into today, Hurts' QBR is lower than Josh's (69.2 to 75.1). Passer rating is much higher, though (108.3 to 96.0) and that gap with grow after today.

Allen peaked during the KC game.  First 6 games of the year he had 4 300+ passing yards games, and had 5 multi touchdown passing games.  

In the last 6 games he's had 1 300 yard game and 3 multi touchdown games.  He hasn't had a 3 td passing game since October.  

I don't know what's changed since the GB game but he's been an average passer since then.  

58 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

His 3 ints and counting today won't help that. 

They won despite his best efforts to give it away like he did for Joe Burrow. Would be nice if he gift wraps a game like that come January. 

Just now, DapperCam said:

Hurts will win MVP because of his cupcake schedule and system which doesn’t ask too much of him. Eagles will get bounced in the Divisional though.

Hurts is better than you realize with his dual threat ability and the fact they got him AJ Brown to keep defenses honest.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

They won despite his best efforts to give it away like he did for Joe Burrow. Would be nice if he gift wraps a game like that come January. 

Hurts is better than you realize with his dual threat ability and the fact they got him AJ Brown to keep defenses honest.

He’s Lamar Jackson but not as good. Play action, one read, if it isn’t there take off.

Imagine Lamar Jackson with this Eagles supporting cast. It would probably be another unanimous MVP.

3 hours ago, NUT said:

Mahomes is already over 4k passing yards on the season. Allen isn't even at 3600 yet. Burrow is now runner up to the award.

Allen had a lot of bad throws today. Yes, the weather wasn't good.

Allen has over 4k total yards right now. I think he's only a couple hundred behind Mahomes and suddenly Mahomes is a pick machine.

Anything can happen... but it's Hurts in the lead right now 

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I think our early blowouts of teams inflated these stats. They are great, but outliers for the season. Similar to our high defensive rank last year. Our offense blew out so many teams our defense basically only had to play prevent and we’re pretty successful thus inflating their stats. I think we are seeing s similar thing this year with our offense. 

The last month or so, nothing has looked easy for our offense. everything is a struggle. I think we can all admit something isn’t right. Some of it is Josh’s decision making and accuracy, but I believe most of it lies in Dorsey’s lap. He simply cannot run a quality offense and it has showed 

Do you watch the Bills play? I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, but a lot of what you say suggests you don't 

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I wish this topic was shut down in the pre season

Why? He's still in it

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why? He's still in it

I havenot saw him in any conversations even with the top 3 in the AFC.  At some point this thread is just poisonous and dream land.

Get tired of the AFCE player of the year.  I want to see them win a super bowl.  Sorry for being honest, but I believe most Bills fans feel this way.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I havenot saw him in any conversations even with the top 3 in the AFC.  At some point this thread is just poisonous and dream land.

Get tired of the AFCE player of the year.  I want to see them win a super bowl.  Sorry for being honest, but I believe most Bills fans feel this way.

Buffalo has 4 games left.

Miami

Patriots 

Bears

Bengals 

2 of those teams Allen played already. In those 2 games, Allen completed almost 69% of his passes, averaged 345 YPG, and had 4 TDs and 1 TO.

Plus... we play the Bears.

Not over

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.