2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Don’t care too much about the award either way, but if the Bills win out and clinch the #1 seed Josh Allen is going to be the top choice for MVP or a close second. 

Josh won’t enter as a serious contender again unless he both throttles Miami and Cincy.

He needs big games during big matchups to get the attention again.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:38 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

380 yards passing and 4 total TD's today for Hurts.

Hurts has to be strongly in the discussion now for MVP. Maybe the leader after this weeks games. #1 seed continues to be the number one determing factor in an MVP and he has that on lock down in the NFC. His stats are really good too. I think he probably only trails Mahomes and Allen in total TD's. And he's one of the league leaders in passer rating. 

Allen still has a good shot as well. The KC loss opens things up quite a bit. 

Hurts is obviously right there.  He just trails Mahomes and Allen quite a bit in terms of total yards.

Always funny that this becomes such a numbers focused race, but that's the reality of it.  Wonder what Allen's current numbers would have been if he played the entire Titans and Steelers games...

On 12/4/2022 at 2:41 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Mahomes still #1, Hurts closing in. Allen would have to play out of his mind the next month and I would say not possible but we have seen him play like that in stretches. Was hoping for more consistency this year unfortunately. Maybe it was the elbow who knows

Kinda think it's gonna hurt Mahomes just a tiny bit that he lost to both Burrow and Allen in the head to head.

And don't look now, but Mahomes and Allen are pretty close in every statistical category.  Allen's problem, of course, is that he has almost double the turnovers.

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Burrow/Allen at +800/+1100 are intriguing value bets.  Mahomes and the chiefs have the broncos twice who have a good defense and the raiders once who always play them tough.  

hurts could be sitting out week 17 the way things are going but there’s no chance Allen/burrow/mahomes will be doing that 

Josh could be sitting week 17 if they won the next 4 and KC loses another 1. Week 17 vs NE would then be meaningless as we’d have the #1 seed along with the AFC East wrapped up

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hurts is obviously right there.  He just trails Mahomes and Allen quite a bit in terms of total yards.

Always funny that this becomes such a numbers focused race, but that's the reality of it.  Wonder what Allen's current numbers would have been if he played the entire Titans and Steelers games...

The most important number is always #1, as in #1 seed. Every year multiple QB's will have eye popping numbers. Only one in each conference will have the #1 seed. And when you get a year when one QB is 16-1 or 15-2 and the other QB's are all sitting on 3 or 4 losses that often ends up being a determining factor. 

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

remember, Bills have three homes games remaining, plus one at Soldier Field and one at Paul Brown in Cincy.  Might be some tough sledding as far as weather conditions are concerned for our aerial attack.  

Allen needs to start piling on the TD's then over total yards.

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Kinda think it's gonna hurt Mahomes just a tiny bit that he lost to both Burrow and Allen in the head to head.

As it should in my opinion. I think Mahomes only way back is retaining the #1 seed by the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

remember, Bills have three homes games remaining, plus one at Soldier Field and one at Paul Brown in Cincy.  Might be some tough sledding as far as weather conditions are concerned for our aerial attack.  

Which is why focusing as much as they do on stats for MVP isn't warranted IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Turnovers matter and being careless with the ball hurt his chances. 

In 6 games since the BYE, Allen has 8 TD passes, 7 INTs, and 4 games with a QB rating of 80 or lower. 

He’s going to need a really good stretch of games where he puts up big numbers to seriously get back in the conversation.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:30 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

There is a reason why the QB's make twice as much money. Jefferson is probably the closest thing to a non QB MVP.

Diggs has better stats than Jefferson. Jefferson has been held to less than 50 yards in 4 games this season. Diggs only once. Jefferson has 1200 yards and 6 TD's, while Diggs has 1200 yards and 10 TD's.

I know Jefferson is a great WR, but people are acting like he is in a class of his own. He's not. In fact, our very own Stefon Diggs is having just as good of a season, and probably better.

You can point to QB play, but Cousins has always been a stat aggregator. He gets his guy the ball.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:25 AM, H2o said:

I'd rather Josh get Super Bowl MVP than League MVP. Let Hurts, Macaulay, or Kermit take the regular season hardware. 

Why not both?

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Diggs has better stats than Jefferson. Jefferson has been held to less than 50 yards in 4 games this season. Diggs only once. Jefferson has 1200 yards and 6 TD's, while Diggs has 1200 yards and 10 TD's.

I know Jefferson is a great WR, but people are acting like he is in a class of his own. He's not. In fact, our very own Stefon Diggs is having just as good of a season, and probably better.

You can point to QB play, but Cousins has always been a stat aggregator. He gets his guy the ball.

You're right Diggs is right there with Jefferson. I was kind of taking the QB into account maybe too much.

I thought the three first team all pro wr's this year were set but in Diggs, Hill and Jefferson but now Adams is making a strong push. 12TD's, 79 receptions and nearly 1200 yards. There is going to be a very deserving WR left off of first team all pro.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You're right Diggs is right there with Jefferson. I was kind of taking the QB into account maybe too much.

I thought the three first team all pro wr's this year were set but in Diggs, Hill and Jefferson but now Adams is making a strong push. 12TD's, 79 receptions and nearly 1200 yards. There is going to be a very deserving WR left off of first team all pro.

Yep. There is some great talent at receiver in the AFC. Diggs, I think, is the most consistent and reliable of them all, though.

• Like (+1) 2

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Allen a longshot, but is MVP(32 TDs, 15 TOs, 322 YPG & 63.8% Comp %-- Jets talk 39+)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.