2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if you're a current Bills player and you have really high Super Bowl hopes....then you get traded to Carolina and have to be teammates with Baker Mayfield.

It's got to be a nightmare to think about if you're potentially a guy that could get moved for McCaffrey.  

I still don't buy the CMC interest. We aren't a running team. We aren't going to be a running team. And it's not like the line is going to suddenly run block better for CMC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Luka said:

I still don't buy the CMC interest. We aren't a running team. We aren't going to be a running team. And it's not like the line is going to suddenly run block better for CMC.

I don't think you need to be a running team to have a good RB.  We still hand the ball off roughly 20 times per game.  Plus McCaffrey is an excellent receiving back.

Our run blocking does suck but McCaffrey is someone that hits the hole fast....I think that would help.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if you're a current Bills player and you have really high Super Bowl hopes....then you get traded to Carolina and have to be teammates with Baker Mayfield.

It's got to be a nightmare to think about if you're potentially a guy that could get moved for McCaffrey.  

Zack Moss has not slept since that tweet. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Josh broke the 200 mark 188 is his odds to win.

Unless there has been an injury, never has someone been this low at one point in the season and not gotten the MVP.  I believe Rodgers was at 175 his mvp year  Lets break 175! i want it all baby...  League MVP  SB MVP  we going to win the whole... damn,,,, thing

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Josh broke the 200 mark 188 is his odds to win.

Unless there has been an injury, never has someone been this low at one point in the season and not gotten the MVP.  I believe Rodgers was at 175 his mvp year  Lets break 175! i want it all baby...  League MVP  SB MVP  we going to win the whole... damn,,,, thing

I'm seeing +175 on Allen:

image.thumb.png.6445f619108e7122518443a9158d131c.png

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm seeing +175 on Allen:

image.thumb.png.6445f619108e7122518443a9158d131c.png

that's why I said he "broke" the 200 mark

Lamar has no right being this high... he has to many fans betting on him cause all he has been doing is running... passing yards sucks. We got a qb that runs well and passes great.  Lamar should not be in the top 3.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:50 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

According to Skip Bayless you just went to a team with a better QB.

34 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

He should have been MVP last year.

In 2020 I'd say you have a case...last year wasn't really great for that argument.

98% os seasons Allen wins a unanimous MVP in 2020, just happened to be when Rodgers had an all time season of his own.

Allen's 2020 season was statistically superior to Lamar's 2019 MVP season

• Agree 1

Hopefully we won’t find out but it would be interesting to see how the odds change if the Chiefs win this weekend. Regardless of how either quarterback plays.

I’m hoping for another 400+ total yard game from Allen. Really want to see him smash that record this year. Put up like 6200 total yards.

If the bills win this weekend Allen probably does run away with the MVP.

If the bills lose it could get really interesting going in two weeks 16 and 17 Between several different quarterbacks.

On 10/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

but you know since your trades to Carolina there is a 85% you are back on a bills roster in 2 years. (For the third super bowl)

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Hopefully we won’t find out but it would be interesting to see how the odds change if the Chiefs win this weekend. Regardless of how either quarterback plays.

I’m hoping for another 400+ total yard game from Allen. Really want to see him smash that record this year. Put up like 6200 total yards.

If the bills win this weekend Allen probably does run away with the MVP.

If the bills lose it could get really interesting going in two weeks 16 and 17 Between several different quarterbacks.

Don't they usually vote by week 12 or 13?

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

heck no. end of season

Edited

Typically, a week or so before the SB

Maybe I'm thinking of the NFL Top 100 voted on by players then.  I know I remember one of them was probably 2/3 - 3/4 into the season.

Edited by The Wiz

24 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Maybe I'm thinking of the NFL Top 100 voted on by players then.  I know I remember one of them was probably 2/3 - 3/4 into the season.

nope thats strike 2 Wiz. top 100 is preseason :D

12 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen's running ability combined with his size and willingness to initiate contact, absolutely. I don't recall the runner aspect being touted pre-draft, so it was a surprise to many I think. I myself only saw the dismal comp%.

Newton also had size, could run, but as Jordan Palmer says, Allen is actually a runner.

Elway was my favorite QB back in the day, but Allen is more fun to watch. However, the rules changes have made the game a lot different since those days.

Well.. I think its how Josh runs... How he falls. and yes, he runs but it's how you run. Lamar has amazing speed. Josh is very shifty in his runs and is why he is the most elusive QB in the league. When he falls it's like he falls in a way he puts his body in a good position to fall. Cam was to well known for head first into EVERYHTING. they just fall differently.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.