2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Just goes to show how ratings do not tell the whole story. His weakest passer rater by quite a margin today, at 68.4, but that's mostly not on him. And I don't think anyone can deny he basically carried our offense to the win today.

if done properly, no can defend

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Just goes to show how ratings do not tell the whole story. His weakest passer rater by quite a margin today, at 68.4, but that's mostly not on him. And I don't think anyone can deny he basically carried our offense to the win today.

100%. 

Allen certainly didn’t have a great game by his standards, but he is the reason we won, as usual. Stats don’t tell the whole story.  
Seems half of Josh’s games are in crap weather… and today I couldn’t even count the number of WR drops on two hands.  When the dude needed to make a play, he made it. That’s what MVP’s do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: 1 score monkey off Josh's back w/ 12 TDs, 353 YPG & 68.9% Comp % (Ravens talk 12+)

Wow!

So last week despite a Herculean effort on Allen’s part some posters latched onto a single missed pass.

Today was I think a fairly mediocre game by Allen--though he wasn't helped AT ALL by his WRs--yet he executes his greatest come from behind victory of his career.

Sooo... guessing these posters are loving him this week...???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Today was I think a fairly mediocre game by Allen

I don't think he was mediocre. He had a really shaky first drive and other than that played lights out in a tough weather environment. Every drive that stalled was because of a dropped pass, a stupid play call, or poor protection. Not only did Allen play steady in a game where a single bad pass could have turned the momentum, he also made a couple superstar/MVP plays to keep drives going and put points on the board. We all know Allen can have his way with defenses when his supporting cast is clicking. Today he proved he can rise above the mistakes of his teammates and still find a way to gut out a win.

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think he was mediocre. He had a really shaky first drive and other than that played lights out in a tough weather environment. Every drive that stalled was because of a dropped pass, a stupid play call, or poor protection. Not only did Allen play steady in a game where a single bad pass could have turned the momentum, he also made a couple superstar/MVP plays to keep drives going and put points on the board. We all know Allen can have his way with defenses when his supporting cast is clicking. Today he proved he can rise above the mistakes of his teammates and still find a way to gut out a win.

Allen has his own bar set for himself. Some passes were off and he put too much heat on some others that our WRs should still have caught.

I didn't say or mean Allen was bad. But he was better last week in a L.

Allen is why we won today, obviously. He's also why we were in the game last week.

I actually think he's the MVP a quarter of the way through the season.

Josh didn't have a "one score monkey" on his back. He's been Captain Clutch since he's been here. He's had a couple that have gotten away, but this isn't the first time he's led us to victory in the last minutes of a game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, H2o said:

Josh didn't have a "one score monkey" on his back. He's been Captain Clutch since he's been here. He's had a couple that have gotten away, but this isn't the first time he's led us to victory in the last minutes of a game. 

it’s amazing how people are not giving Josh credit today 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow!

So last week despite a Herculean effort on Allen’s part some posters latched onto a single missed pass.

Today was I think a fairly mediocre game by Allen--though he wasn't helped AT ALL by his WRs--yet he executes his greatest come from behind victory of his career.

Sooo... guessing these posters are loving him this week...???

I think 80% of his incomplete passes were dropped or tipped today. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

MVP is the most valuable player not best stats… If Allen isn’t the most valuable player I don’t know who is 

MVP is the player that a select few journalists select. It's a personality contest skewed by major media markets.

If the vote were today: it would be Tua, or an Eagle, or a Ram, or a Charger.

Actual contribution on the field is of secondary consideration.

EDIT UPDATE: there's a mix of reality and sarcasm in my reply. Sorry for the mix up.

Edited by boater
explain the post
  • Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.