2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

Only on this board  can your qb have nearly 450 yards of total offense and be the reason the team lost. My goodness people are spoiled by how incredible this kid is. For those us who remember trying to talk Kyle Orton out of retirement to stabilize the qb position will savor every moment. And yes he’s still the MVP favorite by a mile. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Only on this board  can your qb have nearly 450 yards of total offense and be the reason the team lost. My goodness people are spoiled by how incredible this kid is. For those us who remember trying to talk Kyle Orton out of retirement to stabilize the qb position will savor every moment. And yes he’s still the MVP favorite by a mile. 

I don’t think people have ever run for their life for 3 straight hours in 100 degree heat then bashed their hand on someone’s helmet before throwing an out into decent coverage lol. I will never understand how josh was even upright late in that game.

We had tons of opportunities to win that game that had nothing to do with josh also.  He did much more than enough to win 

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I think when you look across the league the only 2 performances of people with a shot at the MVP that will be viewed as potentially better than Josh’s would be Lamar and Jalen Hurts. If you include what Josh was dealing with it might be a push .. but I suspect Josh gained distance on the field except those two. He threw for 400 yds at 66% completion percentage on 63 throws inside a sauna with half a scab oline and hurting receivers. This game did not damage his MVP candidacy at all.

It's the same posters that seem to WANT Allen to not get MVP. Weird, weird, weird. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It sure wasn't an A.    The rest is irrelevant because you don't win MVP awards on the strength of lesser performances in defeat.

Hopefully a 19 point performance where he averaged less than 7 yards per pass,  turned the ball over,  and missed a wide open receiver with the game on the line on 4th down........in leading his team to a once-every-decade kinda' loss where one team out-yardages the opponent by about 300 yards but fails to score points.........is one of the least impressive performances on his ledger of a championship season.

But if you'd be happy with a repeat performance of that production in the Dec 18th game then I can't help you.  

You need to watch more non-Bills football.  Allen had a very good game yesterday by any semi-objective standard. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think any team is as reliant on their QB for offensive output as the Bills are with Allen...its both a blessing that he is so freaking good and a curse in that I shudder to think what we would look like without him.

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

You need to watch more non-Bills football.  Allen had a very good game yesterday by any semi-objective standard. 

I hear Russell Wilson is lighting it up in Denver...

• Haha (+1) 1

Josh Allen, Bills 'take it on the chin' after dominating box score in loss to Dolphins

https://www.nfl.com/news/josh-allen-bills-take-it-on-the-chin-after-dominating-box-score-in-loss-to-dolph

Allen completed 42 of 63 pass attempts for 400 yards and a touchdown. His 63 pass attempts without an interception were tied for the fourth-most pass attempts without a pick in NFL history, per Elias Sports Bureau.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Leads the league in passing(338 ypg), 2nd in TDs and currently is leading the team in rushing.

He passed for 400 yards yesterday and went through stretches in the 4th quarter where he was literally the only offensive threat on the field. One drive we were either near the redzone or in it and Diggs was on the sideline cramping up while Knox and McKenzie were both going to the locker room to get IVs. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You share don’t like anyone criticizing you 

not one iota. 

RELAX 

Name the NFL MVP for the season that won the SB that year. 

Simple answer None!!! 

Josh must not win the MVP this year. Those who vote must forget the rest of the game and just remember the underthrow to McKenzie.

(Though in all seriousness they just might forget everything but errant throw)

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Josh must not win the MVP this year. Those who vote must forget the rest of the game and just remember the underthrow to McKenzie.

(Though in all seriousness they just might forget everything but errant throw)

hey I’d like him to win the MVP and be MVP of the SB 

Chasing the dream every week 

Not really a top priority IMO. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You share don’t like anyone criticizing you 

not one iota. 

RELAX 

Name the NFL MVP for the season that won the SB that year. 

Simple answer None!!! 

Tua and Jalen Hurts 

are todays 🔥 take

Bruh... are you going senile?  We've covered this.  The simple answer is not none... unless you're living in your own made up world.

Bart Starr

Terry Bradshaw

Mark Mosely

Lawrence Taylor

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Emmitt Smith

Brett Favre

All were the NFL MVP and won the Super Bowl in the same year.

Terrell Davis

Kurt Warner

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

hey I’d like him to win the MVP and be MVP of the SB 

Chasing the dream every week 

Not really a top priority IMO. 

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

Could be the first player to do it?

No, he wouldn't be.  Try to avoid latching onto stuff Shady says.  He often says things that are just blatantly false.  He really needs to learn how to use Google.

Bart Starr

Terry Bradshaw

Joe Montana

Emmitt Smith

Steve Young

Terrell Davis

Kurt Warner

All won NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP in the same year

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bruh... are you going senile?  We've covered this.  The simple answer is not none... unless you're living in your own made up world.

then you need to tell the entire cast of GMFB AND  Kurt Warner and a few others that made the statement on NATIONAL TV 

google SB curse 

In recent years, if a player that won the MVP makes it to the Super Bowl, the MVP often loses the Super Bowl in the year they won the MVP. That includes, Kurt Warner in 2001, Rich Gannonin 2002, Shaun Alexander in 2005, Tom Brady in 2007 and 2017, Peyton Manning in 2009 and 2013, Cam Newton in 2015, and Matt Ryan in 2016.[19]

Ten players have won the Super Bowl and MVP in the same season: Bart Starr in 1966, Terry Bradshaw in 1978, Mark Moseley in 1982, Lawrence Taylor in 1986,  Joe Montana in 1989, Emmitt Smith in 1993, Steve Young in 1994, Brett Favre in 1996, Terrell Davis in 1998, and Kurt Warner in 1999. In these ten cases, all but four regular season MVP winners were also the Super Bowl MVP for their respective games - with Moseley, Taylor, Favre, and Davis not completing the duplicate MVP year.P

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Something I was saying all off-season… The fans overrate the skills players and surprisingly even the offensive line which sucked for the most part last season… Allen just elevates both groups. 

Davis continues to be his inconsistent self. Dude was basically a no show yesterday. 

He's coming off an injury. 

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

then you need to tell the entire cast of GMFB AND  Kurt Warner and a few others that made the statement on NATIONAL TV 

Yes... trust what they say on TV.  It's good practice on your part to not think critically and look things up before trying to convince other people it's true. 

giphy.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.