2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Obviously super early but just for the fun of it, after week 1 ...

1. Pat

2. Josh

3. Everyone else

About right? 

These two are just so clearly on a different level from everyone else in the league 

Probably more like 1 and 1a with the order being debatable

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Obviously super early but just for the fun of it, after week 1 ...

1a. Pat

1b. Josh

3. Everyone else

About right? 

These two are just so clearly on a different level from everyone else in the league 

That's probably closer to accurate.  Yes, Mahomes had a great game.  He also didn't have his team turn the ball over 3 times (I'll put blame on Allen for the pass to Crowder, rightfully so or not).

Among QBs in the MVP race, today Rodgers had a terrible day versus Minnesota.  Brady is very pedestrian versus Dallas.  Herbert had an excellent game - not as many passing yards, no interceptions, but only one yard rushing in 4 attempts.  Joe Burrow had a lot of yards, but tossed 4 interceptions in a losing effort.  His completion percentage was around 60%.   Mahomes had an outstanding day tossing 5 TDs and 360 yards.  If stats are what determines the winner, combined with leading one's team to victory, Mahomes and Allen are probably 1 and 2 in the race at this point, but it's a long season.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, I know it's just one week (pending the MNF game), but Josh Allen leads the league in yards/attempt (minimum 15 passes) with 9.6 yards. StateFarm is second with 9.2, and Danny Dimes is third with 9.0 (not bad Daboll).

(https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/passing/2022/REG/all/passingaverageyards/DESC)

Josh also leads the league in completion percentage with 83.9%. Daniel Jones is second with 81%. Mahommes is third with 76.9% and Herbert is fourth with 76.5%.

(https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/passing/2022/REG/all/passingcompletionpercentage/DESC)

(Josh also had an interception that he put right in the hands of McKenzie, so the two rates above should have been higher.)

Edited by chongli

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

why do you need Josh to be the MVP so bad?

bragging rights?

HUMBLE AND HUNGRY 

Take a cue on being humble 

Bwahahaha!!! I saw someone agreed with you and discovered it's @Gene1973

Are you really just trying to cut off your nose to spite your face at this point?

You like Josh as evident by your posting history.

I like Josh as evident by my posting history.

Stop trying to be an idiot in this thread contradicting your own likes and dislikes simply because you dislike me.

I've said this time and again but I'll say it again. You should ignore me since you clearly can't help yourself.

Since you're obviously an attention hog, why don't you go start a thread with a poll asking: "would you like to see Josh Allen win league MVP?"

That's it.

If more people vote no than yes I'll shut this thread down just so we can all make sure you continue to get all that message board attention (you feel) you deserve.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

23 hours ago, chongli said:

Josh also leads the league in completion percentage with 83.9%. Daniel Jones is second with 81%. Mahommes is third with 76.9% and Herbert is fourth with 76.5%.

Geno Smith is now second in the NFL with a completion rate of 82.1%. Who would have thought he and Daniel Jones would be ranked second and third, respectively?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.