2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

13 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Hurts will win MVP because of his cupcake schedule and system which doesn’t ask too much of him. Eagles will get bounced in the Divisional though.

Cupcake schedule or not, they put up 48 points yesterday. That is impressive against any NFL team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jalen Hurts -150
Patrick Mahomes +200
Joe Burrow +750
Josh Allen +1800
Tua Tagovailoa +6000
Justin Jefferson +10000
Tyreek Hill +11000
Geno Smith +12000
Kirk Cousins +16000
Dak Prescott +18000

Hurts has now jumped into the lead. Looking like a 2 horse race down the stretch.

I swear the qbs that get hated on the most of this board are guys like Hurts, Newton, and Lamar. 🧐 

hurts has improved every year since he left Alabama. He is having a great year. Why people can’t appreciate the type of qb he is becoming blows my mind. The Titans, one of the better defenses in the nfl, dared him to throw. He put up 380. He is much like Allen. He is well deserved to be in the MVP conversation.

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I doubt Allen cares having to put an S on his chest and carry this franchise for the last 4 years must be exhausting enough. 

Allen certainly has carried the offense at times (though Diggs plays a huge part as well). But let’s not like pretend Allen hasn’t had a top 5 defense to play with too. The Chiefs have had A lot of awful defenses with Mahomes. 

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Which is all true, however the MVP voters don't see that when they go to the QB stats page on their favorite website.

Right, which means the MVP has shifted to a “ player of the year” type award and not what it’s name indicates : the player most valuable to his team. It’s a giant “ who cares ?”

from me. We all know this team would probably be a bottom feeder without Josh Allen. I think many QBs could have a great season on the Eagles. Whatever….

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Right, which means the MVP has shifted to a “ player of the year” type award and not what it’s name indicates : the player most valuable to his team. It’s a giant “ who cares ?”

from me. We all know this team would probably be a bottom feeder without Josh Allen. I think many QBs could have a great season on the Eagles. Whatever….

See I don’t agree with this at all and completely sells Hurts short. We have a top 5 defense and a top 5 receiver. It’s bs to pretend like it’s like the bears out there. If we had an average qb like Carr, we are more than likely a playoff team. Honestly Allen takes us to another level.

all people have wanted to do since Hurts, one of the biggest recruits in the country, is replace hkm. He was a monster at Bama. He has gotten nothing but better as a nfl qb. Maybe that the guy who keeps betting better is becoming a good qb. Again this board loves knocking certain types of qbs more than others. Hurts is doing a lot of what Allen does. So it’s weird to praise Allen and knock Hurts. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

See I don’t agree with this at all and completely sells Hurts short. We have a top 5 defense and a top 5 receiver. It’s bs to pretend like it’s like the bears out there. If we had an average qb like Carr, we are more than likely a playoff team. Honestly Allen takes us to another level.

all people have wanted to do since Hurts, one of the biggest recruits in the country, is replace hkm. He was a monster at Bama. He has gotten nothing but better as a nfl qb. Maybe that the guy who keeps betting better is becoming a good qb. Again this board loves knocking certain types of qbs more than others. Hurts is doing a lot of what Allen does. So it’s weird to praise Allen and knock Hurts. 

Sorry but never was impressed with Hurts. Hated him at ‘Bama too as I hate ‘Bama to the core. Just my opinion, but I’m probably the wrong guy to ask for complementary appraisal on Hurts. 

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Which is all true, however the MVP voters don't see that when they go to the QB stats page on their favorite website.

Peter King is one of the NFL MVP voters.  In an interview with him on the Herd or some other such show over the past couple weeks he had Allen at #4 at the time.

If the vote was today, Allen doesn't win.  But the vote isn't today and there's still what used to be a full quarter of the season left to play.

Here are the 4 obvious QB leaders for MVP in terms of all the important stats:

QB1

4181 yards

63.8% Completion %

32 TDs

15 TOs

QB2

4440 yards

65.8% Completion %

35 TDs

11 TOs

QB3

3919 yards 

68.1 Completion %

32 TDs

11 TOs

QB4

3843 yards

68 % Completion %

32 TDs

5 TOs

I don't think it's too hard to figure out that Josh is QB1, Mahomes is QB2, Burrow is QB3, and Hurts is QB4.  Didn't put team records in there, but obviously Hurts is the #1 seed in the NFC with the best record in the NFL and the Bills are the #1 seed in the AFC.  I bring those up because historically that matters.  Probably also matters at least a little that Mahomes has lost to both Allen and Burrow.  

So yeah, just looking at those 4 QBs, one would probably say Mahomes and Hurts are the 2 leaders, logically.  But neither are running away with it right now, especially not Mahomes.  I actually think the fact that Burrow, Allen and Mahomes all play each other will be at least a small factor along with the ease of schedule for the Eagles.

So... Allen is behind.  But in his next 4 games he plays the Dolphins (who Josh historically owns and puts up gaudy numbers), the Bears (who are allowing the 4th most points in the NFL this season at 25.6), the Bengals (toughest game by far, no doubt.  But it's also in primetime... and... well... Josh Allen), and the Patriots (who Josh has owned for the last few seasons and puts up generally gaudy numbers, save the hurrcane windstorm from last season).

We can all agree our offense hasn't looked like it did at the very beginning of the season, but how many of you would bet against Josh having more than 1 superb, MVP level game in his last 4 outings?

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here are the 4 obvious QB leaders for MVP in terms of all the important stats:

QB1

4181 yards

63.8% Completion %

32 TDs

15 TOs

QB2

4440 yards

65.8% Completion %

35 TDs

11 TOs

QB3

3919 yards 

68.1 Completion %

32 TDs

11 TOs

QB4

3843 yards

68 % Completion %

32 TDs

5 TOs

I don't think it's too hard to figure out that Josh is QB1, Mahomes is QB2, Burrow is QB3, and Hurts is QB4.  Didn't put team records in there, but obviously Hurts is the #1 seed in the NFC with the best record in the NFL and the Bills are the #1 seed in the AFC.  I bring those up because historically that matters.  Probably also matters at least a little that Mahomes has lost to both Allen and Burrow.  

So yeah, just looking at those 4 QBs, one would probably say Mahomes and Hurts are the 2 leaders, logically.  But neither are running away with it right now, especially not Mahomes.  I actually think the fact that Burrow, Allen and Mahomes all play each other will be at least a small factor along with the ease of schedule for the Eagles.

So... Allen is behind.  But in his next 4 games he plays the Dolphins (who Josh historically owns and puts up gaudy numbers), the Bears (who are allowing the 4th most points in the NFL this season at 25.6), the Bengals (toughest game by far, no doubt.  But it's also in primetime... and... well... Josh Allen), and the Patriots (who Josh has owned for the last few seasons and puts up generally gaudy numbers, save the hurrcane windstorm from last season).

We can all agree our offense hasn't looked like it did at the very beginning of the season, but how many of you would bet against Josh having more than 1 superb, MVP level game in his last 4 outings?

Why are we supposed to ignore rushing yards and tds?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Something that cant be overlooked that puts Allen at a disadvantage:  Hurts, Mahomes and Burrow all play for a HC that is an offensive-minded coach. The teams have an OC but the HC’s of those respective teams strongly guide the offense of those teams. And of most importance that creates stability and consistency for the offense over time unless the HC gets fired. 

Look what happened to us with Daboll. Right when Allen was hitting his stride, he accepts a HC gig. Same thing will continue happening with OC over the years. 

I love McD and im not advocating for a change at HC, just pointing out a reality Allen has to contend with. Every few years it’ll likely be a slightly different system as our OC get HC jobs (or get fired with us). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I swear the qbs that get hated on the most of this board are guys like Hurts, Newton, and Lamar. 🧐 

hurts has improved every year since he left Alabama. He is having a great year. Why people can’t appreciate the type of qb he is becoming blows my mind. The Titans, one of the better defenses in the nfl, dared him to throw. He put up 380. He is much like Allen. He is well deserved to be in the MVP conversation.

Allen certainly has carried the offense at times (though Diggs plays a huge part as well). But let’s not like pretend Allen hasn’t had a top 5 defense to play with too. The Chiefs have had A lot of awful defenses with Mahomes. 

Considering Mahomes was drafted and groomed by an offensive genius that made the likes of AJ Feely and Kevin Kolb look like legitimate NFL QBs and Allen had Brian Daboll I think Josh had had a much tougher NFL road then Mahomes.

12 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Something that cant be overlooked that puts Allen at a disadvantage:  Hurts, Mahomes and Burrow all play for a HC that is an offensive-minded coach. The teams have an OC but the HC’s of those respective teams strongly guide the offense of those teams. And of most importance that creates stability and consistency for the offense over time unless the HC gets fired. 

Look what happened to us with Daboll. Right when Allen was hitting his stride, he accepts a HC gig. Same thing will continue happening with OC over the years. 

I love McD and im not advocating for a change at HC, just pointing out a reality Allen has to contend with. Every few years it’ll likely be a slightly different system as our OC get HC jobs (or get fired with us). 

Good answer also look where resources on the two teams are allocated Beane and McDermott expect Allen to make mediocre and average offensive talent not named Steff Diggs look like all pros.

While he breaks the bank on defensive personnel.
The Chiefs literally spent nearly a hundred million on their oline alone to protect Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Considering Mahomes was drafted and groomed by an offensive genius that made the likes of AJ Feely and Kevin Kolb look like legitimate NFL QBs and Allen had Brian Daboll I think Josh had had a much tougher NFL road then Mahomes.

Good answer also look where resources on the two teams are allocated Beane and McDermott expect Allen to make mediocre and average offensive talent not named Steff Diggs look like all pros.

While he breaks the bank on defensive personnel.
The Chiefs literally spent nearly a hundred million on their oline alone to protect Mahomes. 

Mahomes was also plugged into an offense that had all the weapons already where Allen was plugged into a system with kelvin Benjamin as your top receiver.

Hurts and even burrow have been helped with getting better on the offensive line were we got saffold and Queensbury.

And all 3 teams have better running backs at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.