2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

All-22 footage that shows exactly what I described, but you clearly want to win a fight more than you want to be correct, so you do you

Thanks for posting that link and confirming how ridiculous you're being.

Josh rolled out to the right and sees Knox 5 or 6 yards in front of the LOS. Ya know what else he sees and is probably the reason he chooses not to throw to Knox? Not 1. Not 2. But 3 defenders right around the 1st down marker... which was 15 yards from where Knox would have caught the ball. Plus there's another defender 11 yards beyond the marker.

If you really thought a 1 on 4 scenario on 4th down was a better option on 4th and 21--literally an unthinkable 1st down scenario for most QBs--than the throw Josh made (which was a catchable ball that would have immediately put us in game-tying field position with the opportunity for more) then you don't know football.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Josh rolled out to the right and sees Knox 5 or 6 yards in front of the LOS. Ya know what else he sees and is probably the reason he chooses not to throw to Knox? Not 1. Not 2. But 3 defenders right around the 1st down marker... which was 15 yards from where Knox would have caught the ball. Plus there's another defender 11 yards beyond the marker.

If you really thought a 1 on 4 scenario on 4th down was a better option on 4th and 21--literally an unthinkable 1st down scenario for most QBs--than the throw Josh made (which was a catchable ball that would have immediately put us in game-tying field position with the opportunity for more) then you don't know football.

Love armchair QBs like Bull.  Somehow Knox was going to get a first down on that play yet cook at the bottom of the screen here with no one even close only got like 8 yards.  People do not understand how fast a defense swarms to the ball by the time it leaves the QBs hand.

FhFGE8-WAAIWbQb?format=jpg&name=medium

17 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Love armchair QBs like Bull.  Somehow Knox was going to get a first down on that play yet cook at the bottom of the screen here with no one even close only got like 8 yards.  People do not understand how fast a defense swarms to the ball by the time it leaves the QBs hand.

FhFGE8-WAAIWbQb?format=jpg&name=medium

Because Cook can't break tackles. Betting on Knox to beat one defender through speed or force isn't outlandish as a last option.

18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is this based on an All-22 view?

If you have a still shot of the entire field at second 31 on the game clock so we can quibble over how many defenders could get him let's see it because after that point Knox doesn't become an option.

Again, The right play was not to roll out to the left it was to step up int he pocket and throw the ball to Davis when he was wide open before the 50. Once that moment had passed, Davis was a dead option - as the result showed. At that point, the throw was a 0% chance to be completed unless one of the top CBs in the league in Gardner makes an unforced error - not a good idea to bet on that.

Once Allen decides to extend the play beyond what his arm can handle the only choice is to fling a hail mary and hope for a DPI or to target an underneath player and hope they can make a play to get a first. Of the underneath players, Knox was in the best position to make a play. 4 players on the defense were engaged at the line and 6 were on the Davis side of the hash, leaving one player in between Knox and a 1st. Diggs was upfield to block the only other player on Knox's side of the hash.

It wouldn't be my first choice for a decision, but Josh boxed himself in to the point where it was the only reasonable decision to make. instead he either deluded himself into thinking he could throw the ball 85 yards for a completion, or that he'd put Davis in a position to get a call thrown his way - neither of which came to pass. 

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because Cook can't break tackles. Betting on Knox to beat one defender through speed or force isn't outlandish as a last option.

Again, The right play was not to roll out to the left it was to step up int he pocket and throw the ball to Davis when he was wide open before the 50. Once that moment had passed, Davis was a dead option - as the result showed. At that point, the throw was a 0% chance to be completed unless one of the top CBs in the league in Gardner makes an unforced error - not a good idea to bet on that.

Once Allen decides to extend the play beyond what his arm can handle the only choice is to fling a hail mary and hope for a DPI or to target an underneath player and hope they can make a play to get a first. Of the underneath players, Knox was in the best position to make a play. 4 players on the defense were engaged at the line and 6 were on the Davis side of the hash, leaving one player in between Knox and a 1st. Diggs was upfield to block the only other player on Knox's side of the hash.

It wouldn't be my first choice for a decision, but Josh boxed himself in to the point where it was the only reasonable decision to make. instead he either deluded himself into thinking he could throw the ball 85 yards for a completion, or that he'd put Davis in a position to get a call thrown his way - neither of which came to pass. 

You're being ridiculous and apparently also need glasses.  Even if you extend that play all the way up until the moment Josh throws the ball to Davis there are 2 players on Knox's side of the field.  One is at the 1st down marker and 1 is 12 yards beyond the 1st down marker.  Knox is about 15 yards away from the 1st down plus another defender who was spying Josh and followed him to the other side of the field but was still only on the hash at the time he set up to throw.

Throwing to Knox at that point was stupid and would have been a much worse decision than the throw to Davis (which was a great throw that was very catchable) considering that it would have been a throw across the field, how short of the stix Knox was and the 2, probably 3 defenders who could have gotten to him even at that point.

Those are the simple facts.

Are you this stubborn in your everyday life?

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're being ridiculous and apparently also need glasses.  Even if you extend that play all the way up until the moment Josh throws the ball to Davis there are 2 players on Knox's side of the field.  One is at the 1st down marker and 1 is 12 yards beyond the 1st down marker.  Knox is about 15 yards away from the 1st down plus another defender who was spying Josh and followed him to the other side of the field but was still only on the hash at the time he set up to throw.

Throwing to Knox at that point was stupid and would have been a much worse decision than the throw to Davis (which was a great throw that was very catchable) considering that it would have been a throw across the field, how short of the stix Knox was and the 2, probably 3 defenders who could have gotten to him even at that point.

Those are the simple facts.

Are you this stubborn in your everyday life?

I guess you missed Diggs standing in front of that player that I told you to look for. You also missed the point about Allen only being in this no-win situation because of his poor decision not to release the ball earlier.

Like I already said, you don't care about being correct, only about trying to win a fight and it shows. Everything you've said has been disproven both by what actually happened as well as video replay, but don't let that stop you from hammering on about what could have been (even if it couldn't).

Suffice it to say, you're wrong and the video speaks for itself, but I'll withdraw from the argument so that you can claim the victory you so desperately need.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I guess you missed Diggs standing in front of that player that I told you to look for. You also missed the point about Allen only being in this no-win situation because of his poor decision not to release the ball earlier.

Like I already said, you don't care about being correct, only about trying to win a fight and it shows. Everything you've said has been disproven both by what actually happened as well as video replay, but don't let that stop you from hammering on about what could have been (even if it couldn't).

Suffice it to say, you're wrong and the video speaks for itself, but I'll withdraw from the argument so that you can claim the victory you so desperately need.

giphy.gif

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Josh falling out of it (23 TDs, 10 INTs, 357 YPG & 64.5% Comp %-- Vikings talk 34+)

Josh is in a slump. This is pretty frustrating.

The good thing? We've still got 8 games and a QB who takes winning, losing, and screwing up so personally that (I'm pretty sure) he was laying on the field crying... or at least despondent... after his first INT.

We're in a stretch of the season Josh Allen sucks. I think based off who he is he turns it around quickly.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Josh is in a slump. This is pretty frustrating.

The good thing? We've still got 8 games and a QB who takes winning, losing, and screwing up so personally that (I'm pretty sure) he was laying on the field crying... or at least despondent... after his first INT.

We're in a stretch of the season Josh Allen sucks. I think based off who he is he turns it around quickly.

I think this game broke his brain.  He might start pressing even more, which is not ideal.

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Just stop 

He's not close to MVP 

I’m sure he’ll turn it around and put up a few more huge games as schedule eases. Bills aren’t going away.

He’s not close to MVP right now. But the real question is: why was he anointed MVP going into season? I have to believe it’s recency bias from his brilliant playoffs. He was erratic last season too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.