2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

Interesting to evaluate Josh’s 2022 statistical pace in comparison to Mahomes 2018 MVP season through the first 6 games. What was thought to be one of the greatest seasons from a QB any of us have ever seen when Mahomes lit up the league in 2018, you can argue Josh isn’t getting enough credit for what he’s doing this year through 6. Obviously, there’s a long way to go and he’ll have to keep it going, but pretty remarkable what Josh has done so far (“I love you Josh Allen!”). 

2022 Allen

Team Record: 5-1 

Pass Yards: 1,980

Rush Yards: 257 

Total Yards: 2,237 

Pass TDs: 17 

Rush TDs: 2 

Total TDs: 19 

2018 Mahomes

Pass Yards: 1,865 

Rush Yards: 75 

Total Yards: 1,940 

Pass TDs: 18 

Total TDs: 20 

Also, for fun, let’s toss in Jackson’s first 6 games in his 2019 MVP campaign:

2019 Jackson

Team Record: 4-2

Pass Yards: 1,507

Rush Yards: 460

Total Yards: 1,967

Pass TDs: 11

Total TDs: 13

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I haven't followed Skip in a while so was surprised to see he is apparently anti-Mahomes. I know Skip is a big Brady guy so that is probably the lone reason he is so anti-Mahomes. 

? I didn't mention Mahomes. Why did you bring him up?

I have Josh Allen as the front runner for league MVP. As long as Josh stays healthy, he should be a lock.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Interesting to evaluate Josh’s 2022 statistical pace in comparison to Mahomes 2018 MVP season through the first 6 games. What was thought to be one of the greatest seasons from a QB any of us have ever seen when Mahomes lit up the league in 2018, you can argue Josh isn’t getting enough credit for what he’s doing this year through 6. Obviously, there’s a long way to go and he’ll have to keep it going, but pretty remarkable what Josh has done so far (“I love you Josh Allen!”). 

2022 Allen

2018 Mahomes

2019 Jackson

Keep glitching the matrix, Josh! 

• Like (+1) 1

I know this thread is all about Josh being MVP. But honestly for ms it would suck to see him get MVP and the Bills not winning the Superbowl. Typically guys don't win both. I believe they talked about this on WGR today as well.  I dunno I love Allen he my favorite player but it would just feel hollow. I so desperately want to see my team win just once. I wanna know what that's like what it feels like so freaking bad. 

2 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

I know this thread is all about Josh being MVP. But honestly for ms it would suck to see him get MVP and the Bills not winning the Superbowl. Typically guys don't win both. I believe they talked about this on WGR today as well.  I dunno I love Allen he my favorite player but it would just feel hollow. I so desperately want to see my team win just once. I wanna know what that's like what it feels like so freaking bad. 

Then Josh Allen will be the first one, in a damn long time, to do this. Who was the previous person?

Michael Jordan won league MVP, Finals MVP, and the championship in the same season multiple times. Josh Allen can do it, too.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Then Josh Allen will be the first one, in a damn long time, to do this. Who was the previous person?

Michael Jordan won league MVP, Finals MVP, and the championship in the same season multiple times. Josh Allen can do it, too.

Didn’t Mahomes do it in his MVP year?

Edited by mrags

9 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

There is no correlation between being the mvp and not winning the Super Bowl though. For every MVP Aaron Rodgers failing in the playoffs, there is 12 other non mvp qbs who also fail.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Kurt Warner in 1999 season.

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Allen all alone in front 19 TDs, 373 YPG & 66.9% Comp % (Chiefs talk 20+)
14 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

My bad for saying you, you were defending him so I mistook you for being the OP. But also, the OP said 317.67 yards per game, quite a bit off from the 372.8 figure you give.

Huuuuhhh? :blink:

I had 374 yards per game in the OP. @Doc was correct that I miscalculated. I was off by a yard. He actually averages 373. Forgive me, I was a little inebriated and miscalculated slightly right after the game since totals aren't updated right away.

It shouldn't have taken Einstein to figure out that was rushing included.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

? I didn't mention Mahomes. Why did you bring him up?

I have Josh Allen as the front runner for league MVP. As long as Josh stays healthy, he should be a lock.

Oh, not your post. I posted a skip tweet earlier where he was highly critical of Mahomes and favored Allen over him. It was odd because just two weeks ago he favored Lamar over Allen. 

Skip is a blow hard so not sure I want him on our bandwagon. But he said Allen made him a believer yesterday.

2 hours ago, Whkfc said:

it is a crazy streak but honestly there is no cause and effect to it. It’s just random that it has worked out that way. It won’t go on forever so Josh might as well as break the streak this year. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, TheProcess said:

2022 Allen

2018 Mahomes

2019 Jackson

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm

Mahomes is 4-2

1736 yards

17 td

0 rushing td

Lamar 1277 passing yards...  Where are you getting your stats man?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm

guys am i missing something here or is a lot of his stats off?

Josh Allen: +140.

Jalen Hurts: +450.  (there is just no way)

Patrick Mahomes: +550.

Lamar Jackson: +1000.

Justin Herbert: +1600.

Joe Burrow: +2200.

Derek Carr: +5000.

Kirk Cousins: +5000

Hurts at 450 only because of the crappy teams he has beat. this will change soon enough

Mahomes at 550 is about right.

Jackson at +1000? bout damn time.

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.