2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

Allen would likely need all the following:

in his control:

*Win out and perhaps be dominant in his level of play weather aside 

**meaning beat Burrow another MVP candidate head to head 

***Secure #1 home field for playoffs over Mahomes another QB he beat head to head 

****Limit turnovers - 2 tops 

****produce at least 8 more touchdowns (rushing + passing)

Outside his control:

*Hurts and Eagles play sloppy down the stretch and lose to Cowboys, and 1 other game 

*Justin Jefferson and Vikings continue to slide

*Mahomes has another Denver level game with 3 picks 

*Parsons and Cowboys beat Eagles but lose to Jacksonville or another NFC opponent 

23 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen would likely need all the following:

in his control:

*Win out and perhaps be dominant in his level of play weather aside 

**meaning beat Burrow another MVP candidate head to head 

***Secure #1 home field for playoffs over Mahomes another QB he beat head to head 

****Limit turnovers - 2 tops 

****produce at least 8 more touchdowns (rushing + passing)

Outside his control:

*Hurts and Eagles play sloppy down the stretch and lose to Cowboys, and 1 other game 

*Justin Jefferson and Vikings continue to slide

*Mahomes has another Denver level game with 3 picks 

*Parsons and Cowboys beat Eagles but lose to Jacksonville or another NFC opponent 

Hurts is probably the only player Allen can’t over come.  

I think Allen would need to do far better than 8 TD’s in the final 4 games. That’s only 2 per game. Allen averages 2 TD’s per game in his sleep.

If the Bills win out and he puts up 10 -12 TD’s in doing so I think he would be second to only Hurts. 

You can’t overstate having the one seed plus wins against Mahomes and Burrow. 

A lot will hinge on the Bengals game. The winner of that game likely moves up pretty even with Mahomes in the MVP odds entering the final week but still well behind Hurts.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Hurts is probably the only player Allen can’t over come.  

I think Allen would need to do far better than 8 TD’s in the final 4 games. That’s only 2 per game. Allen averages 2 TD’s per game in his sleep.

If the Bills win out and he puts up 10 -12 TD’s in doing so I think he would be second to only Hurts. 

You can’t overstate having the one seed plus wins against Mahomes and Burrow. 

A lot will hinge on the Bengals game. The winner of that game likely moves up pretty even with Mahomes in the MVP odds entering the final week but still well behind Hurts.

All good points. For Hurts I see the Eagles getting beat at Dallas. If Hurts sucks in that game, gets blown out, is exposed/‘figured out’, throws 3-4 picks that opens the door for Allen. If Hurts blows any other game then the door is wide open. Allen’s case would be I have the strongest strength of schedule, road wins at Mahomes and Burrow, less receiver quality than the other top 3 Hurts, Mahomes or Burrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh is going to have better overall stats than he did in 2020. More yards and more total TD's, but a lower completion percentage. If he has a big game in a win against Cincy, head to head against Burrow, and we take home the 1 in the AFC? I think he wins it. The Bills schedule has been ill, #2 in the league. We're still winning and Josh is coming up clutch every week. 

• Agree 2

This guy I follow on Twitter has it exactly right:

Here's how I would put it - the Dolphins very clearly had the better offensive weapons, OL, and offensive coaching tonight. But the gap between Tua (who played decently) and Allen is so great that it more than made up that difference. Having an MVP level QB is a cheat code.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the eye test plays and passing stats weren't enough - could easily hit 4600 yards and 38 td through the air  - he's on pace to put up 850 and 8 on the ground for his best rushing season ever. His ypc increased again and is now at a career high level after this game as well. He's got to be back at the front of the discussion there's nobody like him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NUT said:

I don't think Vegas will see it that way. I know the award is supposed to be how valuable a player is to the team, but the award doesn't reflect that anymore. It's just a best QB season award.

But a couple more games like this and he'll have the most eye-popping stats as well. I'm sure there are some daily fantasy sport nerd ratios that others may excel at, but if he finishes the season with 4600-38td, and 850-8 on the ground? Hurts might get close but nobody else is doing that.

Allen has too many turnovers unfortunately. We all know he completely carries the #2 offense in the league, with one of the toughest strength of schedules. But the people who vote on this just look at box scores and Hurts will have the efficiency stats as long as he doesn't have any stinker games. Hurts is asked to do a fraction of what Allen is asked to do, but that doesn't really matter.

• Agree 2

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Near flawless game by Allen (36 TDs, 16 TOs, 322 YPG & 63.7% Comp %-- Fins talk 43+)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.