2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

It's crazy that throws like that were never completed in the entire history of the NFL, and then two QBs who could do it regularly entered the league at the same time. Just like Manning and Brady, Mahomes and Allen are stylistically perfect rivals for each other.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, Cray51 said:

I don’t understand why Travis Kelce isn’t in the running for MVP.  He’s on pace for 1400 yards and 17 tds.  I honestly think he is the most impactful player this year.

It mostly goes to qbs…it’s a stupid award honestly lol someone like Jefferson or Kelce should def be able to win it but they won’t 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It mostly goes to qbs…it’s a stupid award honestly lol someone like Jefferson or Kelce should def be able to win it but they won’t 

There is a reason why the QB's make twice as much money. Jefferson is probably the closest thing to a non QB MVP. 

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

.3 yards from the sideline when he jumped in the air. Pretty sure he was well over the sideline by the time the ball left his hand.

On 11/28/2022 at 6:52 AM, SirAndrew said:

I don’t say this as a Bills homer, but I don’t understand the Jalen Hurts love. He’s a good QB, but not MVP level. The Eagles have an all around solid football team. Hurts throws for under 200 yards most games. 

Lamar 2.0

• Agree 1

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Division Road Win (30 TDs, 15 TOs, 333 YPG & 64.1% Comp %-- Pats talk 37+)

380 yards passing and 4 total TD's today for Hurts.

Hurts has to be strongly in the discussion now for MVP. Maybe the leader after this weeks games. #1 seed continues to be the number one determing factor in an MVP and he has that on lock down in the NFC. His stats are really good too. I think he probably only trails Mahomes and Allen in total TD's. And he's one of the league leaders in passer rating. 

Allen still has a good shot as well. The KC loss opens things up quite a bit. 

Mahomes still #1, Hurts closing in. Allen would have to play out of his mind the next month and I would say not possible but we have seen him play like that in stretches. Was hoping for more consistency this year unfortunately. Maybe it was the elbow who knows

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Mahomes still #1, Hurts closing in. Allen would have to play out of his mind the next month and I would say not possible but we have seen him play like that in stretches. Was hoping for more consistency this year unfortunately. Maybe it was the elbow who knows

Agreed…seemed like mahomes opened the door a crack today though.  I thought Allen was 100% done now I’m not so sure.

seems like josh is healthier too so I’d imagine he’s gonna play better down the stretch 

Allen isn’t gonna win it because the coaches are playing a lot more conservatively now once the Bills get up. Much more running and eating the clock when we get up 2 scores.

At the beginning of the year Allen was still taking shots down the field in those scenarios and running up the score. I also think the defense is getting healthy and gonna lock it down in December. He just isn’t going to need to throw it all over the place for the Bills to win.

If Hurts wins, it will be a team win. He’s a system QB for sure. Allen, Mahomes, and many other QBs are asked to do a lot more (even Lamar with a similar style).

23 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Allen isn’t gonna win it because the coaches are playing a lot more conservatively now once the Bills get up. Much more running and eating the clock when we get up 2 scores.

At the beginning of the year Allen was still taking shots down the field in those scenarios and running up the score. I also think the defense is getting healthy and gonna lock it down in December. He just isn’t going to need to throw it all over the place for the Bills to win.

If Hurts wins, it will be a team win. He’s a system QB for sure. Allen, Mahomes, and many other QBs are asked to do a lot more (even Lamar with a similar style).

Josh is back to being better than his stats, the Pats* game we had a broken right tackle and he still was incredible and his threat is a large part of why we ran so well. 

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

Patrick Mahomes +125
Jalen Hurts +150
Joe Burrow +800
Josh Allen +1100
Tua Tagovailoa +1400
Geno Smith +6000
Tyreek Hill +7500
Dak Prescott +10000
Kirk Cousins +10000

Mahomes still clinging to the lead, Hurts right on his heels.

Burrow/Allen at +800/+1100 are intriguing value bets.  Mahomes and the chiefs have the broncos twice who have a good defense and the raiders once who always play them tough.  

hurts could be sitting out week 17 the way things are going but there’s no chance Allen/burrow/mahomes will be doing that 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.