2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

8 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree and I don't think it's even close currently. He's averaging 330 yards passing and 2.8 passing tds per game. He averaging a staggering 375 total yards per game and 3.2 total tds.

Surprisingly, is Geno Smith putting his hat in the ring?  Dude has played lights out for Seattle. Leads the NFL in completion percentage(75.2%) and QB rating(113.8) and is averaging a healthy 8.3 Y/A, so it's not being done with just short passes.  The throw to Tyler Lockett yesterday deep down the middle for a TD in between 3 defenders was unreal. Seahawks are only 2-3 but it is definitely not because of the way he is playing.  

I am really really proud of him honestly...just shows what a person can do if they swallow their pride, admit their mistakes and devote themselves to being a better person, better leader and better player over the last 6 or 7 years. He has matured a ton since his days with the Jets.  EJ Manuel could have learned something from him.  He still blames everyone else for his failures to this day. Geno looked in the mirror and accepted his faults then went about changing them.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Surprisingly, is Geno Smith putting his hat in the ring?  Dude has played lights out for Seattle. Leads the NFL in completion percentage(75.2%) and QB rating(113.8) and is averaging a healthy 8.3 Y/A, so it's not being done with just short passes.  The throw to Tyler Lockett yesterday deep down the middle for a TD in between 3 defenders was unreal. Seahawks are only 2-3 but it is definitely not because of the way he is playing.  

I am really really proud of him honestly...just shows what a person can do if they swallow their pride, admit their mistakes and devote themselves to being a better person, better leader and better player over the last 6 or 7 years. He has matured a ton since his days with the Jets.  EJ Manuel could have learned something from him.  He still blames everyone else for his failures to this day. Geno looked in the mirror and accepted his faults then went about changing them.

He is easily going to win comeback player of the year.  He won't sniff the MVP race as a legit contender for it unless his team starts winning games.  He might get some token mentions as like the 5th guy or something at some point, but he won't contend for it.  

Lets face it...if not for injuries combined with extreme weather, Bills would be undefeated right now.  Bills utterly dominated the Dolphins, few breaks just didn't go our way.  

Allen would be the MVP today without question if they polled right now.  Its his to lose.  If we beat KC, Allen will decisively have a lead that will be hard to overcome without Allen and the Bills hitting some sort of slump during the season.  The only 2 people that pose a threat to Allen right now in the MVP race are going to be Mahomes and Lamar, and he already beat Lamar and had a much better game on Sunday than Lamar did too.  Mahomes already has a loss to the Colts, and has a tough divisional game tonight still.  Plus, Mahomes and the Chiefs have been hot and cold this year somewhat on offense.  

So if Allen also beats Mahomes on the road like he did Lamar, he will have a decisive lead that will be hard surmount in the MVP race.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's early but next week could determine home field advantage and the MVP.  Allen and Mahomes have been the most impressive and there's zero reason to think it will change after next week.  Can't wait.

It's way to early.  Last year the Bills beat down the Chiefs who were reeling.  Fast forward to the playoffs and KC has home field advantage.

Say the Bills lose to the Chiefs.  That makes us 4 - 2 going into the bye having played 5 teams with either winning records or at minimum are 500 (Chiefs, Titans, Rams, Dolphins & Ravens).  Four of those six games will have been played on the road. And throughout this time the Bills have been hit with all sorts of injuries to key players.

If we remain relatively healthy after the bye a 9 - 2 or even 10 - 1 run seems probable to me.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Lamar had a bad game but got the win in the end, and I'm sure there will be certain talking heads still saying he's MVP today. Lamar has the advantage of folks wanting him to get MVP for contract reasons, and he also seems to be benefitting from racial bias.

Racial reasons I agree. He’s an overrated RB. He’s a talent for sure, but he’s not the QB I’d want. He can win a lot of games but he’s not an MVP caliber. Mahommes is. Allen is. Rodgers is. All other QBs are well below them. 

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's way to early.  Last year the Bills beat down the Chiefs who were reeling.  Fast forward to the playoffs and KC has home field advantage.

Say the Bills lose to the Chiefs.  That makes us 4 - 2 going into the bye having played 5 teams with either winning records or at minimum are 500 (Chiefs, Titans, Rams, Dolphins & Ravens).  Four of those six games will have been played on the road. And throughout this time the Bills have been hit with all sorts of injuries to key players.

If we remain relatively healthy after the bye a 9 - 2 or even 10 - 1 run seems probable to me.

Agreed. Last year we beat them in the season matchup and lost when it counted. This year let’s have the opposite. My only concern would be home field of the Bills lose 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

If he got a vote that'd be hilarious in the Russel Wilson narrative.

Week 5

OddsPlayerStock WatchImplied Chance

+200Josh AllenUp33.33% +200 DAYM

+500Patrick MahomesNeutral16.67%

+600Jalen HurtsUp14.29% Jalen has been great but I want to see what he does on primetime against that Cowboys D

+600Lamar JacksonUp14.29% This dude has no right being at +600 2 games under 175 yards, another 2 at under 220 with 1 game breaking 300 (+1000)

+1400Justin HerbertDown6.67%

+3000Joe BurrowDown3.23%

+3500Aaron RodgersDown2.78%

+4000Kyler MurrayUp2.44%

+4000Tom BradyDown2.44%

+5000Kirk CousinsUp1.96%

The last 5 is where they should be. and people can look at stats all they want. Josh has not played for 2 full quarters this year. Cause he blew them out. Mahomes took off 1 Quarter and no one else close.

Josh is #1 in

Yards

TD's

Yrds/game

Long

Responsible for all TD's scored but 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.