2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

Not sure if it has been covered but through 3 weeks Allen leads the league in passing yards and leads his team in rushing yards. Not sure anyone has ever done that before through 3 games.

Also, Allen and as well as Hurts are on pace to shatter the single season total yards record. Will be interesting to see where each finishes the season.

29 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not sure if it has been covered but through 3 weeks Allen leads the league in passing yards and leads his team in rushing yards. Not sure anyone has ever done that before through 3 games.

factoid

no QB that lead the league in passing yards has Won a SB 

for conversion sake lets call it in the last 30 years 

http://www.footballperspective.com/the-trend-continues-no-passing-yardage-leader-has-also-won-the-super-bowl/

The Trend Continues: No Passing Yardage Leader Has Also Won The Super Bowl

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

I think Allen has played outstanding ball this season. Despite the moxie he showed yesterday, I think if the season ended today Hurts would get MVP.

As much as it disgusts me, I think Tua is in the conversation too. It's still very early only time not too long ago, Trent Edwards was an early MVP candidate.

Edited by BullBuchanan

12 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

You need to watch more non-Bills football.  Allen had a very good game yesterday by any semi-objective standard. 

The problem with being elite tier is you are judged against the elite tier.  Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton Manning type performance.  Failing to score with all that production is a failure when measure against the best of the best which is where Josh is.

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think any team is as reliant on their QB for offensive output as the Bills are with Allen...its both a blessing that he is so freaking good and a curse in that I shudder to think what we would look like without him.

I hear Russell Wilson is lighting it up in Denver...

The Ravens and Eagles come to mind as teams that might.  The Ravens can at least run the ball though.

On 9/25/2022 at 6:13 PM, GoBills808 said:

If you need him to be better than he was today, you don't know ball sorry

Allen played a great game yesterday and I love Josh as much as any fan, but the most played re-play of the Bills-Dolphins game by the national media is Allen missing  a wide open McKenzie  in the end zone.   NFL Network shows it over and over. 

I doubt that any one play costs him the MVP, but of all the plays the Bills did not make, this was the biggest.   McKenzie was wide open and he had time.  It was as routine as a play can be.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Allen played a great game yesterday and I love Josh as much as any fan, but the most played re-play of the Bills-Dolphins game by the national media is Allen missing  a wide open McKenzie  in the end zone.   NFL Network shows it over and over. 

I doubt that any one play costs him the MVP, but of all the plays the Bills did not make, this was the biggest.   McKenzie was wide open and he had time.  It was as routine as a play can be.  

It was like his 58th dropback in 100 degree weather after also being our leading rusher. Suffice to say you and I have very different definitions of routine.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

It was like his 58th dropback in 100 degree weather after also being our leading rusher. Suffice to say you and I have very different definitions of routine.

Yeah go spend 3+ hours running for your life in the sun on a field that's 112 degrees and lets see how routine those plays really are then. The kid played his heart out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Ya he suck’s. Cut him already. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

When noted SB MVP’s say something on TV and the rest of the NFL crew agrees with him 

I’ll believe them 

Stupid line of thinking when it comes to facts. Really stupid.

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

factoid

no QB that lead the league in passing yards has Won a SB 

for conversion sake lets call it in the last 30 years 

http://www.footballperspective.com/the-trend-continues-no-passing-yardage-leader-has-also-won-the-super-bowl/

Stop. Just stop. You're making a fool of yourself 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

yeah ok 

I’ll believe a bunch of “people” on the internet. 

Yeah... that whole "Google" thing that confirms you're completely wrong via multiple triangulated websites should be trusted less than those 2 or 3 talking heads you blindly trusted 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

1 play out of 70.

If we wind up 12-5 to 16-1, this is going to be looked back upon as the Herculean effort it was on Josh's part and a notch in the MVP cap

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

The problem with being elite tier is you are judged against the elite tier.  Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton Manning type performance.  Failing to score with all that production is a failure when measure against the best of the best which is where Josh is.

This past Sunday..

Rodgers and Brady played in a game that set offensive football back years. 

Mahomes put 17 on the board in a dome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Interesting how you guys all start out with "I love Josh"......BUT......  before crapping all over the guy.

Allen was exhausted at that point which alone would explain the misfire.  On top of that I suspect that something was wrong with his throwing hand.  Didn't they show trainers massaging Allen's hand after that series and didn't they take him for x-rays immediately after the game?

There are a small number of Bills fans who hated the Allen draft pick and who then spent two years tripling down on how much Allen sucked.  They ignored the clear signs of improvement until in his 3rd year he ascended into MVP territory and they had to swallow their bile.  But man they come out of the woodwork every time Allen misfires.  Remember after the NE game last season where Allen missed a game winning pass late?  They all cried that he "choked" while ignoring the impact of gale force winds.

At least these people should have the decency to wait until Allen actually plays a crappy game like at Jacksonville.  It would still be the wrong take but at least would be in the realm of reality.  Criticizing Allen's performance against the Dolphins, given the circumstances, is pure insanity.

• Dislike 1

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

When noted SB MVP’s say something on TV and the rest of the NFL crew agrees with him 

I’ll believe them 

Real men readily accept when they or their idols have made an error.

Fake men double down.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/25/2022 at 11:19 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

So the worst games of Rodgers season were still "MVP performances".

They obviously were not.  

Try reading the post I was responding to before getting your back up.

Allen may win the MVP but today was not a great day for him by any means.    

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what valuable means.  If Rodgers would have won those games it would have been in spite of his performance.  We were only in a position to win yesterday BECAUSE of Josh.

I mean seriously, down NINE starters, multiple backups, the rest suffering from heat exhaustion, and you wanna drag him because of a botched snap from a backup center and one bad throw at the end of the game when he's exhausted and playing with a hurt throwing hand?  He was damn near heroically valuable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.