This has to be the deepest dline we’ve ever had

78thealltimegreat

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

So your solution is to continue to invest heavily in dline and hoping we “get it right”. In the meantime, what do we do about the offensive line and WR corp?

What's the point of carrying this many DL on the roster though when these guys that should be the freshest in the game are underperforming?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

So your solution is to continue to invest heavily in dline and hoping we “get it right”. In the meantime, what do we do about the offensive line and WR corp?

100% as sarcastic as I can possibly be.  But let me turn it up just for you...

I want them to trade Josh Allen for whatever they can get and invest all the proceeds into this defensive line such that no one is ever fatigued again.  I don't care if we even field an offense and lose every game.  Just give me the perfect Dline and I am as content as can be.

Are you blind?  How did you not pick up on it even when I told you it was total sarcasm?!?

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

When they needed to stop them, they couldn't.  Combined with the lack of pressure in just about every game in the last 4 weeks, they are performing well under expectations.

They absolutely got pressure last week vs Minny. 

Im not sure what you’re expecting from them. A sack every play? They were missing a 1st RD DE and still Von, Basham, Oliver all with sacks. Lawson with a pressure that led to a Kirk INT. They steadily only rush 4 and guys are still getting home. 

13 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

They absolutely got pressure last week vs Minny. 

Im not sure what you’re expecting from them. A sack every play? They were missing a 1st RD DE and still Von, Basham, Oliver all with sacks. Lawson with a pressure that led to a Kirk INT. They steadily only rush 4 and guys are still getting home. 

No, they did not. How many long downs did they convert because we couldn't get pressure?  Waaaay too many.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Allen was 18/34 with no passing TD, 2 INT and took 5 sacks.  He also fumbled twice, but didn't lose them.  Jets scored 20 points.  Hard to place the blame on the defense in that one.

Allen also had two TD runs, led the Bills on two TD drives in the 2nd quarter including a 94 yard drive that put the Bills up 14 - 3 which given how anemic the Jets O had been should have iced the game.  But the D then let the Jets drive 75 yards for a TD eating up the last 6 minutes of the 1st half.  Allen still managed in 30 seconds to get the Bills into position to attempt a long FG that they missed.

And for the record, Allen doesn't take sacks he gets sacked behind what at times is a porous O line.  In any given game Allen is sacked about half the time he should be because of his uncanny ability to avoid the rush.

The fact remains that the Jet's loss was on the D because they were going up against a very weak offense.  In contrast Allen and the O were going up against one of the best defenses in the NFL on their home turf.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

No, they did not. How many long downs did they convert because we couldn't get pressure?  Waaaay too many.

They had 4 sacks and 11 QB hits. If you want to blame the DL for them converting on 3rd/4th and longs and ignore that guys on the back end weren’t making plays, that’s fine by me. Half of those were spray and prays to the arguably best WR in football vs. our JV DBs. 

Again, if you expect a sack on every long down and distrance with this team who consistently brings 4 rushers, you are setting yourself up for disappointment 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

They had 4 sacks and 11 QB hits. If you want to blame the DL for them converting on 3rd/4th and longs and ignore that guys on the back end weren’t making plays, that’s fine by me. Half of those were spray and prays to the arguably best WR in football vs. our JV DBs. 

Again, if you expect a sack on every long down and distrance with this team who consistently brings 4 rushers, you are setting yourself up for disappointment 

No, I expect pressure. Period. And there wasn't much.

31 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The difference is that I provided rationale and statistics that supported my claim. You just complained. Repeatedly. Ignore away. It’s a common defense tactic. No problem man. Go Bills. 

There's plenty of stats that say they've been bad the last several weeks, but I'm not even going to waste my time posting them because you'll just respond by saying those doesn't count for some strange reason.  Common defense tactic of homers with their homer glasses glued to their faces. But anyway, Go Bills.

Edited by Billz4ever

Our Dline isnt getting home all that much despite how deep it is and signing Von Miller.  Yes, injuries but this team invested more into this dline than anywhere else.  I expect better.  If they dont get better than they should have invested more into the offense. 

I am a fan of the Miller/Phillips/Lawson signings but what I am not really a fan of is this constant need to have 200 man dline rotation.  Get some good players up there and roll with it.  So many picks and FA pickups into it my god.  They dont even look thaaat much better than last year outside a few games.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.