This has to be the deepest dline we’ve ever had

78thealltimegreat

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Can anyone honestly remember a time when the Bills can roll literally 9 difference makers on a dline? I honestly can’t. 

Ya got-dam WHIPPERSNAPPER!

The CHAMPION Bills featured Tom Day and Ron McDole at DE and Jim Dunaway and Tom Sestak at DT. There was No Need for other players to come onto the field.

🤦‍♂️

20207D64-9660-4ECB-9CA6-1EC0EEDFD62A.jpeg

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You really can’t control your emotions can you?😅… it’s a long season dude. The defensive line looks terrific as we all thought it would. 

Dude how does it feel to be so miserable AND so wrong, time after time after time?

And HELL YES that was an emotional win; the Bills just b-I-t-c-h slapped the defending champs. 

I wrote that I’m going to enjoy every moment of this season and I won’t let sadsacks like you bring me down. 

If you can’t be thrilled with a win because you have to “pump the brakes” and “it’s a long season” that’s your problem, not mine. 

Go Bills!!!

11 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

I thought Shaq would have dressed against the rams because he is so good at setting the edge. Impressed they were so good against the run. He may be inactive frequently.

I think he will get chances as the season goes on. Keep some of them fresh and in reserve.

We clearly have an embarrassment of riches💪

I'm as excited as any of you. But the Rams OLine are their weak point. And while the "battles in t e trenches" should be more consistent than other parts of the game, we have seen many up and down performances by DLines in the past. 

But take last years Bills with added pass rush and stopping the run... and wow. Best team in the league by far. Even the offensive run game worked yesterday. BTW kudos to Dorsey. 

11 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

I thought Shaq would have dressed against the rams because he is so good at setting the edge. Impressed they were so good against the run. He may be inactive frequently.

I bet he is active for game next week. Epenesa may be inactive. Big test for DL on Monday night. This is the game to put the rest of the league on notice. Shut down King Henry and it's nail biting time for Ravens, Colts, etc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Come on Scott.  Several times you’ve stated the DL rotation is stupid and we spend too much resources on it.  

Several???

This guy has a worse record of being right than a broken clock. 

Edited by eball

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Come on Scott.  Several times you’ve stated the DL rotation is stupid and we spend too much resources on it.  

Its great that the Dline looks amazing but lets not pretend we have had great return on investment in the Dline.  For the past few offseasons, Dline has been the biggest investment and the biggest weakness despite two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders used to shore up the Dline and money spent on Butler, Jefferson, and Star. 

The Philips and Miller signings look amazing so far and Beane gets the credit.  He also gets credit for having the leagues most expensive Dline that couldnt stop the run to save their lives the past few years.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its great that the Dline looks amazing but lets not pretend we have had great return on investment in the Dline.  For the past few offseasons, Dline has been the biggest investment and the biggest weakness despite two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders used to shore up the Dline and money spent on Butler, Jefferson, and Star. 

The Philips and Miller signings look amazing so far and Beane gets the credit.  He also gets credit for having the leagues most expensive Dline that couldnt stop the run to save their lives the past few years.

And every year we’ve seen that they weren’t happy with it and keep putting it together until they like where its at.

This is going to be our strategy with McBeane.  We’re always going to have a rotation and spend money on it.

Our DL hasn’t been poor.  Statistically our run D has been decent except a couple of slashings.  

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The problem is you can't have a great DL without a premier pass rusher. The Browns without Mayfield, the Chargers without Bosa, the Steelers without Watt, etc. would all look similar to what we looked like last year. Once we got Von Miller it tied all the other investments together. It's the same type of trickle down effect that Diggs created for our offense. Basham and Epenesa looked like different players yesterday, not just because they suddenly got a lot better, but because we have a premier pass rusher drawing attention and setting up plays. Beane HAD to get a premier pass rusher this offseason and it looks like he succeeded in getting the best one available.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea I know what I said… Use those resources elsewhere such as for better depth offensively along the line and at WR…I stand by that statement…. I also said they needed to add a dynamic pass rusher and was thrilled when they signed Von…. It was one great game in a long season, but @eball is infamous for jumping the gun to conclusions…. And he some how gathered from my response that I didn’t enjoy the game.😅

Yeah I really jump the gun. I’ve pretty much nailed the Bills’ trajectory since 2019 while you bemoaned nearly every Beane and McD decision and predicted teams like the Jets and Browns would overtake us. 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The problem is you can't have a great DL without a premier pass rusher. The Browns without Mayfield, the Chargers without Bosa, the Steelers without Watt, etc. would all look similar to what we looked like last year. Once we got Von Miller it tied all the other investments together. It's the same type of trickle down effect that Diggs created for our offense. Basham and Epenesa looked like different players yesterday, not just because they suddenly got a lot better, but because we have a premier pass rusher drawing attention and setting up plays. Beane HAD to get a premier pass rusher this offseason and it looks like he succeeded in getting the best one available.

I agree.  I think premier pass rusher was the difference between beating KC and winning a super bowl in 2021 vs another playoff exit. 

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I agree.  I think premier pass rusher was the difference between beating KC and winning a super bowl in 2021 vs another playoff exit. 

Mario Williams was a monster when we got him
 I feel McBeanes brought Von in at exactly the right time. He has the surrounding cast and schemes and Coach in Leslie Frazier.

Williams was beast but lacked the supporting cast that Josh Allen and Company now provides for a Complete team.
Beane has built a helluva team , mistakes be damned

15 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Mario Williams was a monster when we got him
 I feel McBeanes brought Von in at exactly the right time. He has the surrounding cast and schemes and Coach in Leslie Frazier.

Williams was beast but lacked the supporting cast that Josh Allen and Company now provides for a Complete team.
Beane has built a helluva team , mistakes be damned

That line of Mario, Dareus, Kyle and Hughes was a pleasure to watch.  That defense was our best opportunity to score points!!

Beane has built the best roster since the super bowl era.  I hope this year proves it to be the best of all time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.