This has to be the deepest dline we’ve ever had

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, iccrewman112 said:

Did Shaq Lawson dress tonight?

He was inactive

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Can anyone honestly remember a time when the Bills can roll literally 9 difference makers on a dline? I honestly can’t. 

It's crazy...Stafford got drilled a split second after he threw the ball several times or they could have had 10 or 11 sacks

• Like (+1) 1

Boogie is looking like a steal late in the second! Love me some big Greg and Von Miller came as advertised! He might be getting better with age, the new Benjamin Button! Oh, and the resurgence of Jordan Phillips!

We played most of the game without Oliver. I’ll save judgement for Epenesa because he started off strong last year and kind of fizzled. Hopefully he can put together a full season.

The big guys, Jones and Settle were noticeable too.

Very deep indeed!!

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, TampaBillsJunkie said:

It was a thing of beauty to watch. Phillips looked great and rejuvenated in this D. Von is in GOAT conversation, the young guns Boogie and Groot made big plays. The rest of the group did their jobs and made life difficult for the Rams. I loved it!!!!

Jones was a wall vs the run.

If Oliver is down for a period of time Shaq Lawson can rush inside.

Just now, offyourocker said:

Jordan back to old form.  1.5 sacks and i saw another huge hit on the qb right after he released the ball

Hopefully they sign him multiple years. He’s just a great fit here. 

Jordan Phillips needs to stay in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, iccrewman112 said:

I thought Shaq would have dressed against the rams because he is so good at setting the edge. Impressed they were so good against the run. He may be inactive frequently.

I wasn't surprised to see him inactive. In looking over the roster I thought he may be the candidate to be sent to the practice squad when Tre comes back. If tonight is an indication, that D-line rotation is going to be tough to crack.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thats always been the best formula to win. Easy to say but very difficult to pull off. Miller was amazing and everyone else did their part. Now just stay healthy, build big leads, and let the kids rush the passer all 4th quarter 

5 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Loving Jordan Phillips.  His answer to the question as to why he re-signed with the Bills was the best: "the heart wants what the heart wants."   He loves it here.  Don't know if it showed on TV, but he was firing up the Mafia at the game all night.  

Bills mafia is just a entity of its own. I couldn't imagine being a player and just having those thousands of fans cheering you on. I'm sure it helps bring a ton of motivation. The mafia rules! I'm glad Phillips is back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I actually thought I saw one time where they did blitz but I got picked up doesn’t matter they did awesome

Jotdan Phillips is made for this team we need to keep him around

Edited by John from Riverside

2 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

This DL is nasty, Von brought everyone's game up a level. 

Everyone is giving all the credit to Von Miller and overlooking the biggest upgrade on the team was the 3 DT's we brought in with Jones, Phillips and Settle.  Our interior DL wreaked havoc all night, including 2 sacks by Phillips.  Von has been amazing, and an amazing start, but don't underestimate what a massive difference a defense looks like when you dominate in the trenches inside.  

31 minutes ago, eball said:

I really just wish that instead of signing these D linemen Beane would have focused on boundary receiver depth.

Bahahaha, this got me man, kudos!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There are posters on here that thought we should have spent the Jordan Phillips and Tim Settle money on Allen Robinson. Maybe it's unfair to make definitive judgments after a single game but let's just say I feel pretty good about Beane's strategy as of right now.

The rotation helps everyone. Because we only have to play Miller on 50% of the snaps he has a really high impact on those snaps. Late in games when most players are wearing down, we have guys ready to get after it and make game changing plays.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.